Second half of season 2012. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #61
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second half of season 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
These are pictures I took of Cilic on the practice court in Toronto, Aug 4:
Thanks for posting this. It's great to see that Marin is there and practicing.
daddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #62
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Yeah, I have. Because based on his talent he should be top 10 regular, while he is nowhere near because he is mental midget. And that's make me very angry, because he is head-case. Goran was a head-case too, but he was big player, one of the very top in his time, while this is so average.
yes but you also have to remember that marin is still relatively young. There is a lot of time left for him to do big things
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #63
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
yes but you also have to remember that marin is still relatively young. There is a lot of time left for him to do big things
No, first thing he is head-case and if you are that you will be that whole career and you will not do anything. Second thing, you can't be young all your career. Why Djokovic isn't young than, or Murray, Del Potro? This is his 5th season that he is regular on tour, he has played almost 350 matches, won over 200.
It left just 4 more years (maybe more) for him and his maximum will be to be weeks in top 10 and that's is. Only reason: so fucked up head. He is away to sensibile, that's his problem.
But you never know, maybe something will switch.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #64
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, first thing he is head-case and if you are that you will be that whole career and you will not do anything. Second thing, you can't be young all your career. Why Djokovic isn't young than, or Murray, Del Potro? This is his 5th season that he is regular on tour, he has played almost 350 matches, won over 200.
It left just 4 more years (maybe more) for him and his maximum will be to be weeks in top 10 and that's is. Only reason: so fucked up head. He is away to sensibile, that's his problem.
But you never know, maybe something will switch.
there have been times when he's shown great mental strength as well. While its true he had the mental lapses to even get to a 5th set with querrey at wimbledon it also showed tremendous mental strength to grind out that 5th set win. He fell down 15-30 a number of times and never gave a break point

and i never said djokovic and del potro werent young, they are young. All of them are on the younger end of the 20's . Plently of time left for marin to do big things. His style of play is also not as taxing on the body as some of the other guys so he should have longevity on his side
Old 08-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #65
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
there have been times when he's shown great mental strength as well. While its true he had the mental lapses to even get to a 5th set with querrey at wimbledon it also showed tremendous mental strength to grind out that 5th set win. He fell down 15-30 a number of times and never gave a break point

and i never said djokovic and del potro werent young, they are young. All of them are on the younger end of the 20's . Plently of time left for marin to do big things. His style of play is also not as taxing on the body as some of the other guys so he should have longevity on his side
He running alot in his matches, but that isn't important. Thing is, he is mental midget. I am not talking about 3rd round of Wimbledon, I am talking about real things: matches vs top players and for alot of points.

In a match vs Querrey, as a match vs Roddick at AO 2010, he should win them in 3 but choked and almost loose both matches. So, we shouldn't talk he was good in 5th set. Btw, that is only great thing in his career: he has 15:6 in 5th set.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #66
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

I think I have to agree with both of you. PP is right, Marin is not young anymore and mental lapses are here to stay, there's not much he can do against those.
Misty is right, there's plenty time left for him to do something. I never believed that Marin will be multiple slam winner but I was always sure he'll get one. Lets say he has another 4 years at the top left, that's 16 slams and if he stays at the top 8, which I believed he will, he might get one.
He needs to do two things, find a new coach and improve serve motion.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #67
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
He running alot in his matches, but that isn't important. Thing is, he is mental midget. I am not talking about 3rd round of Wimbledon, I am talking about real things: matches vs top players and for alot of points.

In a match vs Querrey, as a match vs Roddick at AO 2010, he should win them in 3 but choked and almost loose both matches. So, we shouldn't talk he was good in 5th set. Btw, that is only great thing in his career: he has 15:6 in 5th set.
funnily enough for someone thats supposed to be so mentally weak he has a pretty good 5th set record

I want him to do big things to and i want him to get a new coach for one but i just dont think we need to be so hard on him when he loses a match.The guys that he's losing to all the time are the guys that everyone loses to. Sooner or later he has to find a way to get past them. However he usually is beating guys that he should again so thats something positive.

Losing to haas was bad but losing to hewitt on grass is not something that i would raise any red flags about
Old 08-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #68
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

I don't think he will win GS. I think his maximum will be some QF.

Haas is one of the best in the moment, but his loss was pathetic. Just ordinary Marin's choking fest. That have to make you angry and sad. On the other side, when you see stats vs Hewitt you see Marin played bad (over than 20 UE's in 2 sets) and when you see he menaged to waste 13 SP in first set of first round you know he is back in his normal, average form. And
loss vs Haas made all of that to him. That's make me angry. He is so valnurable. Sensitive, labile...

If his potential is average I wouldn't watch him, I wouldn't follow him and have any expectations.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #69
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
I don't think he will win GS. I think his maximum will be some QF.

Haas is one of the best in the moment, but his loss was pathetic. Just ordinary Marin's choking fest. That have to make you angry and sad. On the other side, when you see stats vs Hewitt you see Marin played bad (over than 20 UE's in 2 sets) and when you see he menaged to waste 13 SP in first set of first round you know he is back in his normal, average form. And
loss vs Haas made all of that to him. That's make me angry. He is so valnurable. Sensitive, labile...

If his potential is average I wouldn't watch him, I wouldn't follow him and have any expectations.
Marin is a confidence player and i think that loss to tommy definately derailed him a bit. But if he can do good here again in canada then i wont be worried

And he's already surpassed your predicted maximum

He can win a slam but he's going to need to work on some things
Old 08-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #70
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Cilic won a first set 7:5. He make a break with a love at 6:5. Baghdatis make a break at 1:1 but Marin easily break back straight away.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #71
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

He is 3:0 up in 2nd. He did same like he did in Umat and Hamburg. From down a break in 1st set to reabreak, than from 4:4 or 5:5 to 5 games in a row or so.
Good thing is, he is good at this tournament. One quaters and he beated Del Potro last year here.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #72
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

But in previuos matches he would make another break in the 2nd, he wouldn't wasted like he doing right now.
That's it I am talking about. Old clown is back. Even he wins this in straight, it's obvious he is in old bad mode, without self-confidence.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #73
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Cilic doing rebreak again. He is serving for a match at 5:3.
This is real comedy. Baghdatis has 30:0 now.
It's obvious Marin is fucked up.
Eventually he won, a saved one or two BP's (in a row) in this game.

Don't think he will beat Tipsarevic.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #74
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rogers cup is Marin's best chance to go deep in Masters and to come closer to top 10 before US Open. Hope he doesn't blow this chance, I would be happy if he gets to semis.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #75
country flag misty1
Banned!

good job marin, keep going