Will Toronto be a washout? Federer, Nadal, Ferrer, Verdasco, Monfils out - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #106
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confirmed. Nadal withdraws from Toronto.

his PR team is one of the best ever known

my compliments again
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #107
country flag WhoCares

WhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Toronto be a washout?

Nole defending the title. He's playing for sure.
WhoCares is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #108
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Sad to see him WD. Good for Federer and Djokovic when looking at the race for nr.1 though...
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #109
country flag yesyesok

yesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond reputeyesyesok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ferrer, Verdasco & Monfils withdraws from Toronto

There's an article in a non English language where federer commits to playing Toronto next week. even if he wins Olympics the field should be so weak it'd be mental not to pla it. Top guys can vulture too.
yesyesok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #110
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
Nole defending the title. He's playing for sure.
Agreed. It's difficult to see him not playing. He's defending 1000 points.
Federer only defends 90 and Nadal 10 there.
If Federer does better than Djokovic in the Olympics, I would say he is a lock to skip Toronto and focus on Cincinnati and the US Open.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #111
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

nadal and ferrer are a loss for sure
but its still a strong field
and nole,fed, muzzah are still the 3 strongest HC players
Old 08-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #112
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

no ferrer (aka raoslayer) is good for milos.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #113
country flag branimir_iliev

branimir_iliev has a reputation beyond reputebranimir_iliev has a reputation beyond reputebranimir_iliev has a reputation beyond reputebranimir_iliev has a reputation beyond reputebranimir_iliev has a reputation beyond reputebranimir_iliev has a reputation beyond reputebranimir_iliev has a reputation beyond reputebranimir_iliev has a reputation beyond reputebranimir_iliev has a reputation beyond reputebranimir_iliev has a reputation beyond reputebranimir_iliev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounccer View Post
Djokovic will play to regain the number one and to defend his title. Federer? I would be surprised, i don't know about Murray but still, it's a golden chance to win a 1000 for the rest of the field, it will be exciting.
If he, in fact, does that then the Serb is really playing high stakes poker with his own season. Because he also has a final in Cincy to defend and Cincy happens to be the best practice for USO not Rogers cup. Is he going to risk skipping Cincy then?

And because if he reaches the final here in the Olympics (win or lose) and THEN plays rogers cup and cincy, his chances to defend the USO will drastically go down at some point. Does he want to defend USO or does he want to defend the #1 ranking and rogers cup? If he thinks he can do both after the Olympics.. and somehow pulls it off, more power to him. But in reality, he will probably be feeling it physically, you can bet on that, if he plays so much. Assuming your suggested scenario happens of course. He may just opt to skip rogers.
branimir_iliev is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #114
country flag iriraz

iriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyesok View Post
There's an article in a non English language where federer commits to playing Toronto next week. even if he wins Olympics the field should be so weak it'd be mental not to pla it. Top guys can vulture too.
Well,all the top guys are commited to play but the decision to actually play the tournament will be made at the end of the week.
It`s tough to say right now how tired the players will be after Sunday.He can easily change his mind if he has to play 5 sets and then do lots of promotional stuff the next day.
iriraz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #115
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
his PR team is one of the best ever known

my compliments again
Yup, no doubt. The poor injured warrior is barely walking yet watch him win the USO in 3 weeks' time

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #116
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceremo View Post
Monaco is smiling somewhere, that's for sure.

Canadian Open are played on a relatively slow HC so I hope he will do well there
Old 08-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #117
country flag iriraz

iriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
Agreed. It's difficult to see him not playing. He's defending 1000 points.
Federer only defends 90 and Nadal 10 there.
If Federer does better than Djokovic in the Olympics, I would say he is a lock to skip Toronto and focus on Cincinnati and the US Open.

Respectfully,
masterclass
I doubt he is thinking of points and defending a title right now.He surely doesn`t want to make a mistake like last year playing Davis Cup after Us Open without any preparation and getting himself injured.
The decision if he will play will probably be made Sunday or Monday.If he has to play 5 sets and then travel to Serbia to present a medal it will be tough to regroup and with the travel and fast surface change it can easily result in an injury
iriraz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #118
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

If Djokovic plays here and manages to play in Cincy as well, then he'd be quite tired for the USO, peak or no peak. I reckon he should skip, so I hope he doesn't .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #119
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

I think an event like Rogers Cup is prime stuff for Milos to win cuz A) its slow hard court and it gives Raonic time to bash that ball and B) its in Canada and C) all the top players will be tired from the Olympics and D) he's rested.

I say Milos will reach the semi-finals at the very least. He will either reach semis, finals or win the whole thing!
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #120
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg6 View Post
I think an event like Rogers Cup is prime stuff for Milos to win cuz A) its slow hard court and it gives Raonic time to bash that ball and B) its in Canada and C) all the top players will be tired from the Olympics and D) he's rested.

I say Milos will reach the semi-finals at the very least. He will either reach semis, finals or win the whole thing!
He should do well, but it depends on his draw. Milos is prone to getting the worst possible draw though

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote