◄ Grass season 2012 ►onwards and upwards!!! - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #196
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ◄ Grass season 2012 ►onwards and upwards!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
I'm glad that you are able to move on so easily to the next tournament. I wish I could too, but sometimes every now and then when Gilles loses the way he does and the disappointments pile up, it's not always that easy for me or some others, and as you can see, some of us need to just sulk and vent a little bit and express our disappointment before moving on. Surely there's no harm in that. It doesn't mean that we all of the sudden aren't Gilles Simon fans anymore. I for one will never stop being a Gilles Simon fan. It just means that we care enough to be disappointed and voice said disappointment. Hopefully you can understand. Everyone has a different take on things, this is just mine is all.
I am not at all against venting, I did that all the time. Nor was I criticizing your comments, but your comments did make me think about the match which I didn't think there was much to think about initially, hence my comments after yours. You offer a view, I offer the opposite view, that's all. I'm mad at Gilles from time to time, I don't see why you shouldn't. I'm the kind of fan who thinks we should all be unbiased about our fave, but I was hardly able to do so , I still try. When he choked or whatever, I get really pissed and said mean things all the time. If there's a person that has the right to tell any other fans to not do that, that person is not me. So I am not at all in any form trying to tell you to stop.

I said what I said is because I wonder why you guys are not giving any credit to DelPo. I mean, he didn't just stand there to wait for Gilles to slip, did he?

And regarding the medal, surely it would be great to have one. And I'm not at all saying that he's not capable of getting one, I'm saying, after fact mind you, that is how I see the situation now, that a medal is not guarantee, and since it's done and over, I have to look at the bright side, that he gets to go to Toronto sooner. This is my view to help me to move on. Yesterday, after he lost, I wonder a bit if that is it for him, he may never amount to any big thing. But I quickly stop myself from wondering. Because I don't know why I cheer for him so wholeheartedly all the time (well, I do know, but reason is not important), but I do and no amount of disappointment is likely to change that, unless someday he gives up, but thankfully that day hasn't come yet. I'm enjoying being a cheerleader of Gilles Simon, so there is my fun. And I'm sure you and others all feel the same, why else we endure the agony of seeing him letting opportunity slips away again and again, right?

I don't try to tell anyone he/she should move on, I moved on this time but some days it takes me days/weeks to get over the anger and disappointment. I'm glad I was able to this time, and if I can't move on next time, I do hope someone here who is able to move on gives me a perspective that could help ease the pain so to speak.

I love hanging around this forum, as you can tell. And if we all keep to ourselves and don't say anything on here then it's no fun, especially during tough time when I am so boiled up and no where to get rid of my frustration, here's the place I use to do just that. I just hope my fellow Simontards won't mind me too much. And by all mean, please say whatever you want to say and if you don't like what I said, give it to me.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote