Endless Djokovic/Federer Debates (Their rivalry) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2012 year-end H2H?

Djokovic will take the lead 31 50.82%
Federer will claim his trophy 25 40.98%
They will end in a draw, for the first time 1 1.64%
I don't know. But this should be an official ATP award, it's amazing. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #61
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer 2012 > Djokovic 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
i think the longevity is the last box that fed needed to tick to be goat

nole's 2012 hasn't been that bad actually

for a well past his prime fed to dominate in this era shows how weak nadal and noles eras were

and maybe how strong federer's 2003-2006 was

Fed is dominating in this era? He won exactly one Slam in Nole and Nadal era. He's now again beating same players he was beating in his prime and his era.
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #62
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

Roger is mentally not losing anymore these close ass matches even when he should have closed earlyhe is closing it out in the finals sets. He's been doing all these down 2 sets to love and coming back victories as well. He also seems to lose the first set and not really get flustered as much. The tsonga world tour finals win and that win over davydenko really helped him out to get over that "hump".

I feel with nadal not playing olympics and rogers cup its eseentially fed and nole in opposite halves. Now I think no way in hell roger and nadal will be in the same half. It will be nole-rafa and they will be the late match and roger and maybe murray if he makes it will be the early match.

With the rumors of super saturday a go this year and the courts being quicker this year. Fed should have his chances. Besdies who doesn't want nole-fed final. There last 2 matches were 5 set thrillers.

I feel fed's confidence is going to spill over if he were to play nole again. Can't wait.
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #63
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Its pretty much dead even imo, as the stats and rankings show. Fed marginally ahead, but Novak can easily regain the momentum.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #64
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Honestly, with all respect to you, you really strike me as one of the biggest glory hunters on this board. I have seen hundreds of Fed's matches, he always fights. Fed is a born fighter (same with Nole and Nadal). There is a good reason he won 17 slams. Fed played his heart out back in 2011 at RG and managed to def. Djokovic. Yet, a year later at RG, he didn't want to lose to Nadal again so he lost to Nole??? Are you freaking kidding me? Are you out of your mind? completely illogical.

I'm really sorry to tell you this, but please try to be more objective and less blind. There are many good/objective Fed fans on this board who I really respect. I'm afraid you are not one of them. All you post is Fed, Fed and Fed ... you will also twist facts just to feed your Fed obsession. You are pretty harmless, but so annoying at the same time (I don't really take you seriously), sorry ...
You don't understand me. I'm not into glory hunting or I would have ditched him long ago when all the fake fans did and then come back when everything is going well again. I have never done that.

As far as my comment goes I didn't mean he consciously tanked that match. It was more a sub-conscious thing. Think about it. You have lost 4 times to one guy in a slam final. You have tried everything and you just couldn't beat him. You're not gonna be overly disappointed if you don't face the guy in the final again.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #65
country flag RForever
Banned!

RForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond reputeRForever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
Roger is mentally not losing anymore these close ass matches even when he should have closed earlyhe is closing it out in the finals sets. He's been doing all these down 2 sets to love and coming back victories as well. He also seems to lose the first set and not really get flustered as much. The tsonga world tour finals win and that win over davydenko really helped him out to get over that "hump".

I feel with nadal not playing olympics and rogers cup its eseentially fed and nole in opposite halves. Now I think no way in hell roger and nadal will be in the same half. It will be nole-rafa and they will be the late match and roger and maybe murray if he makes it will be the early match.

With the rumors of super saturday a go this year and the courts being quicker this year. Fed should have his chances. Besdies who doesn't want nole-fed final. There last 2 matches were 5 set thrillers.

I feel fed's confidence is going to spill over if he were to play nole again. Can't wait.
From marketing point of view the most interesting matches are Fed-Rafa and Fed-Nole (my fav) so I wouldnt be surprised to see Rafa in Feds half...but of course draws are not fixed so it could be both way
RForever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #66
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcempire View Post
31 years old Roger Federer > 25 years old Djokovic
QFT
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #67
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
As far as my comment goes I didn't mean he consciously tanked that match. It was more a sub-conscious thing. Think about it. You have lost 4 times to one guy in a slam final. You have tried everything and you just couldn't beat him. You're not gonna be overly disappointed if you don't face the guy in the final again.

Fed is so nice. He knew he wouldn't have a chance against Nadull anyway so he tanked to Nole
Old 07-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #68
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Fed is so nice. He knew he wouldn't have a chance against Nadull anyway so he tanked to Nole
Pretty much. Losing 6 times in one slam to a guy doesn't look good on the resume
Old 07-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #69
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Pretty much. Losing 6 times in one slam to a guy doesn't look good on the resume

He already lost so many big finals against him, it would not have made a difference
Old 07-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #70
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Both have 1 major
Djokovic has 1 masters, Federer has 2
Djokovic has 1 GS final, Federer has 0

I'd say they're pretty equal
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #71
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
Both have 1 major
Djokovic has 1 masters, Federer has 2
Djokovic has 1 GS final, Federer has 0

I'd say they're pretty equal
And other titles don't matter?
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #72
country flag Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
He already lost so many big finals against him, it would not have made a difference
Why give Dull and his tards the satisfaction?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #73
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
And other titles don't matter?
Nole hasn't played as many tournaments as Roger. You don't understand Noletards logic.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #74
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Nole hasn't played as many tournaments as Roger. You don't understand Noletards logic.
It's not "Noletards logic". It's real logic. I'm talking here about the most prestigious tournaments not some 500 tournaments
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #75
country flag Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
This seems to be what the Noletards don't get General. 5 >>>> 2.