Early Djokovic and his impressions - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #46
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Early Djokovic and his impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I think Novak Djokovic tries too hard to be funny, tries too hard to be liked. It doesn't come effortlessly to him and to me seems very forced, unlike many charismatic players in times gone by and even currently.
meh, Burrow. Nole doesn't try hard at all, it comes to him naturally and effortlessly. He is a born goof. Trust me, we who've been following him forever know this.

and yeah, I miss that young goofy Nole, nowadays he is just going after his own business, being always politically correct etc.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #47
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I think Novak Djokovic tries too hard to be funny, tries too hard to be liked. It doesn't come effortlessly to him and to me seems very forced, unlike many charismatic players in times gone by and even currently.
I half-agree. I still give some props for trying but he's not as good to watch on a tennis court as RF, Safin, most of the new balls guys and he's nowhere near the charisma of some of the other dudes. Still, he's better than RN.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #48
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I half-agree. I still give some props for trying but he's not as good to watch on a tennis court as RF, Safin, most of the new balls guys and he's nowhere near the charisma of some of the other dudes. Still, he's better than RN.
I prefer Rafael Nadal, he doesn't come across as smarmy and smug. He can be completely obnoxious, like the Rosol match, but I prefer someone who doesn't crave love and attention.

Roddick is a staple for one of those guys who's an obnoxious bully against lower ranked opponents, but off court he has that way about him that is just naturally funny and deadpan, whereas Djokovic is obviously forcing the humour, which to me is counter productive.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #49
country flag 5555

5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncer7 View Post
Fed is so dull like 99% of his fans. Just look around here.
He has no life out of tennis same like his fans who have no life out of this forum. Simple as that.Dull support dull, law of nature.
I agree with you.
5555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #50
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncer7 View Post
Fed is so dull like 99% of his fans. Just look around here.
He has no life out of tennis same like his fans who have no life out of this forum. Simple as that.Dull support dull, law of nature.
You know Federer personally then?
Singularity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote