Kitzbühel SF: Kohlschreiber def. Volandri 6-7 (6) 6-2 6-2 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #16
country flag jjc225

jjc225 has a reputation beyond reputejjc225 has a reputation beyond reputejjc225 has a reputation beyond reputejjc225 has a reputation beyond reputejjc225 has a reputation beyond reputejjc225 has a reputation beyond reputejjc225 has a reputation beyond reputejjc225 has a reputation beyond reputejjc225 has a reputation beyond reputejjc225 has a reputation beyond reputejjc225 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kitzbühel SF: Kohlschreiber def. Volandri 6-7 (6) 6-2 6-2

I always thought, in terms of talent level, Kohlschreiber was basically equivalent with Baghdatis, although of course they have different playing styles. But I always thought they were basically on the same level, in terms of possibilities with their career trajectories. It is interesting to note that now Baghdatis is ranked 44 and had reached as high as #8 back in 2006. They are both about the same age, but right now it is Kohlschreiber on the upward path and Bagdatis, who knows? It still remains to be seen if Kohlschreiber will ever be able to reach as high as #8, which Baghdatis accomplished. But I always see these two as rather similar.
jjc225 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #17
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

i really wish he would have tanked here because i really thought he had a legitamate chance at a medal but i just cant see him even winning his first round now and if he does there is no way he gets past ferrer

on the other hand i guess if you weigh the fact that he could get his 5th title and has reached the top 20 for the first time in his career it might be worth it
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjc225 View Post
I always thought, in terms of talent level, Kohlschreiber was basically equivalent with Baghdatis, although of course they have different playing styles. But I always thought they were basically on the same level, in terms of possibilities with their career trajectories. It is interesting to note that now Baghdatis is ranked 44 and had reached as high as #8 back in 2006. They are both about the same age, but right now it is Kohlschreiber on the upward path and Bagdatis, who knows? It still remains to be seen if Kohlschreiber will ever be able to reach as high as #8, which Baghdatis accomplished. But I always see these two as rather similar.
I hope so, but Kohli is one year and 8 months older than Baghdatis.

Baghdatis's trajectory I rather compare with Wawrinka and Almagro who are the same age as him.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #19
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kitzbühel SF: Kohlschreiber def. Volandri 6-7 6-2 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
World number 16
Hope it's worth it for him that he risked his chances at the Olympic for this.

Not only the grass season this year has shown how good he can play on grass and the best of 3 modus in London would have been a good chance for him to go far at the tournament but I don't know how much he will have left in the tank now, adding to this having not really that much time to adjust to grass again.

His ranking would have improved anyway if he keeps up the level of play which he has delivered at the past tournaments but to get to play on grass at the Olympics whilst being in a good form is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Hope he won't regret it later on that he didn't arrived in best preparation for this tournament.

Anyway, congrats of reaching the final and good luck in this match.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #20
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kitzbühel SF: Kohlschreiber def. Volandri 6-7 6-2 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Hope it's worth it for him that he risked his chances at the Olympic for this.

Not only the grass season this year has shown how good he can play on grass and the best of 3 modus in London would have been a good chance for him to go far at the tournament but I don't know how much he will have left in the tank now, adding to this having not really that much time to adjust to grass again.

His ranking would have improved anyway if he keeps up the level of play which he has delivered at the past tournaments but to get to play on grass at the Olympics whilst being in a good form is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Hope he won't regret it later on that he didn't arrived in best preparation for this tournament.

Anyway, congrats of reaching the final and good luck in this match.
Maybe but I prefer thinking that "you know what you have now, you don't know what you will have in the future"

he took part in Kitzbühel probably because of old engagements when he presumably couldn't play the Olympics because of the German committee. I guess he couldn't cancel that then had to be in Kitzbühel in the middle of this week anyway, then anyway he wouldn't have had a lot of time in London to prepare. And Ferrer I think is still underrated in this forum.

That being said, the draw in Kitzbühel was really opened to catch that opportunity now, about the future you never know, there are not so many poor draws in the year.

He will be ranked 16 and have a bye in Toronto's first round, it's not bad

Besides, he's number 14 in the Race and can get even higher.

Ps : the 3 Kitzbühel's semifinalists who will take part in the Olympics will reach their highest carreer ranking next monday thanks to their Kitzbühel result : Kohli number 16, Haase number 36 (or 33 if he wins ... and he will lose later his points from Kitz' 2011 then it's even more important for him to take benefit of now), Klizan between 51 and 53.

Last edited by duong : 07-27-2012 at 05:57 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #21
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for cleaning up my garbage AJ
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #22
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

now this is professional vulturing

Win the title now, Kohli

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote