Carlos Berlocq in an interview about the Olympics. Keep in mind the original interview is in Spanish, and I translated using Google Translate to save time, so it may sound weird.
- Already installed in London with the Argentine team, how are you living this new experience, an Olympic Game?
It's a dream to be in the Olympic Village and share this moment with the best athletes from around the world. I'm really enjoying living with the Argentine team, we are all in the same department and is something unlike any other tournament because the player usually has his team in the ATP.
- It's not your first time representing the country, because you already did in the World Team Cup, how does it feel to be defending the blue and white?
Defend the Argentina shirt is the best I can be living. The World Team Cup was an amazing experience and I will never forget. Being in the Olympics representing our country is inexplicable, I will look for all my life and can not be compared with anything.
-While tennis is a sport individualistic images that arrive from England show a real team, how is living with the rest of the exponents of the white sport?
Living together is great, we all get along very well and there is an atmosphere of much enjoyment. Everyone that we here highly appreciate being in this competition, which as I said is unlike any other. Yesterday we were having dinner around the tennis team and soon came a part of the basketball team and had dinner together at the same table, these experiences are unique.
- You have the opportunity to share moments with Del Potro, Nalbandian, Monaco and company, but you'll come across with Aymar and Ginobili, among Argentos for example, as well as with figures from other countries, do you already have an anecdote from your day the Olympic Village?
Yes, now we are all in the Village and the climate is impressive. 2 days ago the Olympic village was more empty, but now there is heavy traffic of athletes and is getting colorful. An anecdote or cute gesture that struck me yesterday when we were having dinner came the basketball team and the great Manu asked in a silly way if he could sit at the table with us and the minute he got up and each team asked if we wanted something for drinking, a phenomenon. These are things that you never live them. because it never crosses with athletes from other disciplines.
- Finally, Juan Jose Haedo (cycling) and Carla De Berti (hockey) will not be in London, which will become the only athlete in the Olympics chascomunense how'd taken being able to share this moment with two other Harriers?
The really unfortunate that they have not been able to be, they are great athletes and few events are more chascomunenses this is an important motivation for the kids that start to play sports. I think it would have been good managers to spread the sport in Chascomús he had been given more importance to my qualification for the Olympics, because I believe that sport is the best way for kids to grow the best and know that one is chascomunense the most important competition in world sport is a very good incentive.
- Going on time for the competition, what expectations you have for your debut in the Games?
I have to look forward to a great tournament, but now I think of every workout to improve and reach in my best condition. Playing on grass is not easy, but I did 3 weeks ago and it was important for adaptation. It would be incredible to bring a medal to Argentina.- Finally, considering that Chascomus and Zone will be following your experience in London in 2012, what message will you can leave them all?Mainly thank you for all the support you give me always, I get a lot of greetings and messages through social pathways and my family is in Chascomús, and makes me very happy. They also say that I have confidence and keep up the strength from there as they have at all times.