12 killed and 59 wounded in Denver shooting at a Batman showing - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #121
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 12 killed and 59 wounded in Denver shooting at a Batman showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vucina View Post
WTF are you talking about? Killing invaders is against the law? Or criminals? If it's him or me and my family I'll shoot, few years in prison won't stop me.
Of course it is, you might want to check the law, in case you are not aware of it. And you are looking at double digits very likely, not "few years".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Vercetti View Post
The largest Indian armies never assembled more than 1,000-1,500 men. Most were not anywhere near that number. Not at any point. And every able-bodied boy and man they had fought. What does that tell you? That these great Indian nations had very few people. The entire combined forces of the Indian nations of the Great Plains could not assemble more than 1,500 men. And the entire Western Confederacy could not field more than 1,500 men, long before the big expansions. It's the myth of the Indian genocide. You and others of the PC era believe with no proof that these massive populations of Indians were destroyed.
Yea, sure, killing people is a matter of political correctness, guess it's much better to say you "helped" them, you "improved" them, you "civilized" them and it's all a "myth", they never existed. You can live in denial as much as you want, facts are facts; btw I think I remember now somebody said in another thread you are a raging racist, so kinda figures.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #122
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Since I live in an US state that gun control law is close to non-existance and getting guns plus ammunitions are so easy and can easily bypass any laws when you attend the countless gun shows here, this is all I want to say.
What? Kinder Surprise is illegal in the US?!?!!??!?! But that was one of my favourite things as a kid. I loved assembling the toy that I found in the egg.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:37 AM   #123
country flag Hola Mr. SK
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond reputeHola Mr. SK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Since I live in an US state that gun control law is close to non-existance and getting guns plus ammunitions are so easy and can easily bypass any laws when you attend the countless gun shows here, this is all I want to say.
Arm dealers are the real boss in US. The gun regulation is against their benifits. That's why it's almost non-existance. The event is actually good for Obama's election. When it comes to politics,life is nothing...
Hola Mr. SK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #124
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

A record of mass shootings in the United States since 2005. It is over 60 pages long:

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/...-shootings.pdf
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 07-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #125
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
What? Kinder Surprise is illegal in the US?!?!!??!?! But that was one of my favourite things as a kid. I loved assembling the toy that I found in the egg.
They consider the toy has parts that children could swallow.

I know this because last week a US couple returning to Oregon from Vancouver were held by Homeland Security for hours, because they were bringing some Kinder Surprises back for their grandchild. But it was not total red tape - in the end they actually allowed them to take the Kinders with them, now that they were fully informed of the dangers of giving them to very small kids without supervising the assembly.

You must have been smart for your age. In Canada they are allowed because it is considered that the children who get these are too young to assemble the toys themselves and an adult will do it for them.
Oh wait, maybe you were just too old to be playing with Kinders...................
Old 07-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #126
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
You must have been smart for your age. In Canada they are allowed because it is considered that the children who get these are too young to assemble the toys themselves and an adult will do it for them.
Oh wait, maybe you were just too old to be playing with Kinders...................
Speak for yourself old boy, I was 10 when the Kinders were first time available and absolutely loved them
Old 07-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #127
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They consider the toy has parts that children could swallow.

I know this because last week a US couple returning to Oregon from Vancouver were held by Homeland Security for hours, because they were bringing some Kinder Surprises back for their grandchild. But it was not total red tape - in the end they actually allowed them to take the Kinders with them, now that they were fully informed of the dangers of giving them to very small kids without supervising the assembly.
Yeah I looked this up and read on Wikipedia that the worldwide deaths caused by Kinder Surprise is something like less than 10. The toy comes enclosed in this pretty big capsule that would be pretty hard to swallow even if the child tried, and the toy parts, once they're taken out of the capsule, are really just like any other toy parts one could get in toy shops.

I'm surprised those Kinders weren't confiscated. But being detaine for hours over Kinder Surprises?

Quote:
I know you're older than me, but can you really resist a Kinder Surprise? It's yummy and it contains a surprise.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 07-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #128
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

My fingers were always too stubby to assemble the toys in my Kinder Surprises. Not to mention too complicated

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #129
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post

I know you're older than me, but can you really resist a Kinder Surprise? It's yummy and it contains a surprise.
I have always wanted to see what danger may be lurking inside them, but was too embarrassed to buy one. I will buy one today. I can always say to the cashier, "Oh, it's not for me, I just want to choke my grandson."

(Oh, oh, I see a ban coming for wishing death. Sometimes the mods think they are MTF's Homeland Security.)
Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #130
country flag tripwires

I see someone has complicated fingers in this forum.

You might wanna be careful with your words, BH. Some of the people that run this place don't seem to be very intelligent. Please let me know how your Kinder Surprise experience goes.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #131
Slacker

Quote:
I have always wanted to see what danger may be lurking inside them, but was too embarrassed to buy one. I will buy one today. I can always say to the cashier, "Oh, it's not for me, I just want to choke my grandson."

(Oh, oh, I see a ban coming for wishing death. Sometimes the mods think they are MTF's Homeland Security.)
You could always say that your grandson is old enough not to choke with an egg. Like 20 years old or something. Or maybe grandsons choke with eggs by default? Just an idea
Old 07-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #132
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
You could always say that your grandson is old enough not to choke with an egg. Like 20 years old or something. Or maybe grandsons choke with eggs by default? Just an idea
I think you misunderstood. We are so Liberal in Canada that we sell children's' toys to actual children. You don't need an ID with birthdate to buy chocolate.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #133
Slacker

Quote:
I think you misunderstood. We are so Liberal in Canada that we sell children's' toys to actual children. You don't need an ID with birthdate to buy chocolate.
Ah, yes, you're right, I did misunderstand
Old 07-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #134
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Ah, yes, you're right, I did misunderstand
I will let you know if I am able to assemble the toy.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:45 AM   #135
country flag tripwires

http://www.examiner.com/article/flor...und-for-effect

Poor steak salesman. If he had a gun, maybe he would have lived.