Kitzbühel R1: Klizan def. Thiem 6-1 3-6 7-5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kitzbühel R1: Klizan def. Thiem 6-1 3-6 7-5

Good match by the 18 year old Thiem who showed a fair amount of promise. He has a nice game with a solid single handed backhand. He did well to get into the match and rose to the occasion. It's a shame it ended with him injuring his leg and not able to serve but he should take heart from the way he played today.

Klizan really let him into the match but did enough to win in the end. He has a lot of variety to his game and should be better than he is but he makes the stupidest errors sometimes.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
country flag Challengerslover

Challengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond reputeChallengerslover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kitzbühel R1: Klizan def. Thiem 6-1 3-6 7-5

1st set was all about Klizan´s dominance, Thiem didn´t win a single point by Klizan´s serve and didn´t know what to do against Klizan´s forehand. 6-1 Klizan.

2nd set started with tough game by Thiem´s serve where Thiem saved some BPs and got some confidence. Different match started, Thiem got a break immediately and started to serve fantastic. He was hitting 1st serves over 210 km/h, while Klizan started to struggle and was producing a lot of UEs. Thiem deserved to win that 2nd set but Klizan helped him a lot there to come back.

3rd set was very good tennis. Klizan started it with some problems but survived that scare. Thiem was fighting greatly there. He won a fantastic rally at 5-6 (30*-30) but hurt his leg there and wasn´t able to win another point since then which resulted to 5-7.

Win is all that matters for Klizan while 18-years old Thiem showed a lot of promise, he is a fighter, has a very very dangerous serve and solid groundstrokes.
Challengerslover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
country flag JurajCrane

JurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond repute

I think Klizan could take this match in 2, and not allow this junior to come back, but win si a win. Hopefully R2 against Cervenak.

Dustin Brown - Amir Weintraub - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
country flag flexeter

flexeter has a reputation beyond reputeflexeter has a reputation beyond reputeflexeter has a reputation beyond reputeflexeter has a reputation beyond reputeflexeter has a reputation beyond reputeflexeter has a reputation beyond reputeflexeter has a reputation beyond reputeflexeter has a reputation beyond reputeflexeter has a reputation beyond reputeflexeter has a reputation beyond reputeflexeter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Good match by the 18 year old Thiem who showed a fair amount of promise. He has a nice game with a solid single handed backhand. He did well to get into the match and rose to the occasion. It's a shame it ended with him injuring his leg and not able to serve but he should take heart from the way he played today.

Klizan really let him into the match but did enough to win in the end. He has a lot of variety to his game and should be better than he is but he makes the stupidest errors sometimes.
you summed it up pretty nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bac9I_PoroB View Post
No ? Is this true ? What is the source? BBC TV? I bet two my salaries
flexeter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote