How many more titles will Federer win this year? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How many more titles will Federer win this year?

8 3 3.70%
7 0 0%
6 2 2.47%
5 10 12.35%
4 28 34.57%
3 21 25.93%
2 6 7.41%
1 6 7.41%
0 5 6.17%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #76
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many more titles will Federer win this year?

Fed should have his best chances at WB and USO.

Actually till he won at Wimbledon this year it didn't look like he could win there again.

Since he cut down errors and has the BH working he should have chances everywhere.

The important thing is being ready for the chances when they show up, it's paid off before and may again.

Fed might add another 2 or 4 to his totals, Nadal has trouble playing top level tennis the whole year and so does Djokovic.
Opportunities will be there.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXČ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #77
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Never in doubt that Nadulltards like Insectus comes into a Fedthread and hijack it, just like they ruined my last thread. Unbelievable that this is even allowed.
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #78
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

In my prediction I said 2. I think I'll be a bit more optimistic and go for 3.

My preference (in order) - USO, Olympics, WTF, Cincy, Basel, Paris, others

What I think Roger's best chances are - Basel, Olympics/Cincy, WTF, USO, Paris, others.

So I don't see USO as extremely likely purely because of Stupid Saturday and a possible clash against RN. If the draw opens up for him, maybe then yes. Still, highly unlikely. It's a tough slam to win physically.

Basel we all know and he's been extremely successful at Cincy. WTF is also a good chance despite the level of competition.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #79
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
In my prediction I said 2. I think I'll be a bit more optimistic and go for 3.

My preference (in order) - USO, Olympics, WTF, Cincy, Basel, Paris, others

What I think Roger's best chances are - Basel, Olympics/Cincy, WTF, USO, Paris, others.

So I don't see USO as extremely likely purely because of Stupid Saturday and a possible clash against RN. If the draw opens up for him, maybe then yes. Still, highly unlikely. It's a tough slam to win physically.

Basel we all know and he's been extremely successful at Cincy. WTF is also a good chance despite the level of competition.
I think we can afford to be a little more optimistic than this General. He wants to win the USO more than anything after what happened the last 3 years there. I doubt Nadal will be a big factor there after his injury. And he could end up in Djokers draw anyway. I think with winning Wimby a lot of pressure came off Roger's shoulders and he will be relaxed and confident at the USO. He wants to set his own slam record by winning 6 there. Djokovic will be his main opposition there and I'd like to see a Djokerer final. Murray will also be a factor. Roger seems to have Delpo under control. I think it's fair to call him the favorite here General after what he did to Djoke at Wimby. As for the other events I think he can easily win 4 in total. He will have chances at all of them. It will just be a question of his body holding up. I think he wins the OG, Cincy, USO, Basel, and WTF. Boom.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #80
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I agree we can be a bit more optimistic but you have to remember our old man is (will be) 31 years old and he has played a lot of tennis which might catch up with him. He will also have to fly to Holland for a Davis Cup tie after the USO, so that can't be that helpful. I prefer to keep it real and somewhat neutral but I see where you're coming from. It's been quite unpredictable this tennis season.

BTW, if Roger were to win the USO, he will become the record holder of titles for 2 out of big 5 events in tennis - WTF and USO and be tied for 1st in the AO and Wimbledon. Incredible.

Quote:
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #81
country flag Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I agree we can be a bit more optimistic but you have to remember our old man is (will be) 31 years old and he has played a lot of tennis which might catch up with him. He will also have to fly to Holland for a Davis Cup tie after the USO, so that can't be that helpful. I prefer to keep it real and somewhat neutral but I see where you're coming from. It's been quite unpredictable this tennis season.

BTW, if Roger were to win the USO, he will become the record holder of titles for 2 out of big 5 events in tennis - WTF and USO and be tied for 1st in the AO and Wimbledon. Incredible.
Yes, that is incredible. Well I like your sense of realism and I forgot about the DC tie. But at least it's on his way to Europe and not out of the way. If we look at how this season unfolded it hasn't been inconsitent from Roger's standpoint. In fact he has been a model of consistency. The US hard court and indoor seasons are his favorite part of the season and given the wave of confidence he is riding I don't see him slowing down. When you are confident tiredness doesn't mean much. It's only when you are low on confidence that you feel the aches and pains. I think he wins a minimum of 4 events towards the end of the year General.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #82
country flag Looner

Well, let's hope you're right .

Quote:
Old 07-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #83
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

less than Tommy Haas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:13 AM   #84
country flag jackjill888

jackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond repute

I want only 2 more - olympics gold and uso. Hell even the uso alone will be enough for me.

But what I want does not matter. So I predict he will win all 8 remaining. Mark my words.
jackjill888 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #85
country flag Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjill888 View Post
I want only 2 more - olympics gold and uso ...even the uso alone will be enough for me

But what I want does not matter. So I predict he will win all 8 remaining. Mark my words.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #86
country flag jackjill888

jackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond reputejackjill888 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Old 07-23-2012, 02:44 AM   #87
country flag TennisGrandSlam

TennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond repute

4 titles FED wants : Olympics, USO, Basel, Year-End Tournment

But actually, USO is enough!

Anyway, I hope that Federer will surpass McEnroe's 77 ATP Singles titles and 875 wins this year!
TennisGrandSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #88
country flag Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjill888 View Post
Old 07-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #89
country flag jackjill888

o stop it now honestly
Old 07-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #90
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps nothing more and I wouldn't care less as the guy has already massively extended the best of my wishes/expectations. He's got nothing left to prove.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote