Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - we are back check post 1561 - Page 61 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #901
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - Working Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
I have some good news First of all, the site is working again and hopefully it will keep working. If it goes down again, please PM me.

Second, I noticed there's a very complicated SQL request to the database that seems to get stuck sometimes and possibly causes the site to become slower. sfar helped me identify this request, it's from the Tournament Winners page so I've removed the link to this page until I can fix this issue. So I hope the site will be faster and more reliable now.

Let's try to keep it up to date
You can count on me to help out - as I use it a lot for Managing I feel it only right for me to put something back in.
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #902
country flag tennismaster882001

tennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it really working, won't open for me now.
tennismaster882001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #903
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

No, damn it I'll go home in a couple of hours and check it, maybe someone has the tournament winners link saved and is still trying to open the page. I hope

Edit: No, it turns out the underlying issue (whatever it is) still hasn't been fixed I contacted the server support people again and they're telling me to restart the server again

Last edited by -Evita- : 07-19-2012 at 03:58 PM.
-Evita- is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #904
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - Working (Sometimes)

The site is working again at the moment. Maybe the complicated SQL statement did cause it after all, I discovered several database connections that were stuck on it after I restarted the DB process. I removed the file that contained this statement from the server though so hopefully nobody will be able to access it now. I'll monitor it closely in the next 24 hours.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #905
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - Working (Sometimes)

Quote:
The site is working again at the moment. Maybe the complicated SQL statement did cause it after all, I discovered several database connections that were stuck on it after I restarted the DB process. I removed the file that contained this statement from the server though so hopefully nobody will be able to access it now. I'll monitor it closely in the next 24 hours.
I've been playing around with the web site and it runs smoothly.

When you can spend some time with this, please tell me if what I suggested to you by PM worked and check if those lines I told you from the statement are causing some trouble.

BTW, great job!!

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #906
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Default Re: Tennis Tipping Statistics Website - The Green Color?

It's been more than 24 hours and no problems

On a slightly different subject - is anyone else tired of the green color of the website? I'm obviously no web designer but maybe I could change it to something better. Any ideas? If you do have an idea about how the site should look, the best would be if you drew it and then posted the design here as a picture. Then everyone could discuss it. You are also free to suggest how navigation should work.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #907
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

On a slightly different subject - is anyone else tired of the green color of the website? I'm obviously no web designer but maybe I could change it to something better. Any ideas? If you do have an idea about how the site should look, the best would be if you drew it and then posted the design here as a picture. Then everyone could discuss it. You are also free to suggest how navigation should work.
Would it be possible to have the site give you the option of the background colour and/or colour of text?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #908
country flag Thunderfish8

Thunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderfish8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

in terms of navigation, the only thing that would be helpful is a search bar for both players and/or tournaments because there are so many that finding it on the drop down menu is a pain

background... maybe a pale orange with purple font
or light blue/turquoise with purple font
the background shouldn't be too dark and the font shouldn't be too light otherwise it'll be painful to look at

Berdych Monaco Granollers Troicki Roger-Vasselin Lu Paire

PAW Titles: Brisbane 2012 & 2014
FITD Titles: Marseille 2014
Tennis Tipping Titles
Singles: Orleans CH '11, Tampere CH '12, Medellin CH '12
Doubles: Noumea CH '13 w/ Chirag, Cherbourg CH '14 w/ BMT360
Thunderfish8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #909
country flag kingroger

kingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond repute

Will be back soon and upload new tournaments...

Yes it would be great to have a color change haha

Automatic ranking system?
TTS:#162 (High: #121) W (2)2012: Alphen CH, Szezecin CH
TTD: #132 (High: #26)
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
DTT Singles: High: #1 - W Australian Open 2011, Madrid 2011, Tokyo 2011
DTT Doubles: High: #3 - W Wimbledon 2011, US Open 2011
kingroger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #910
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

I would put frames and borders in it and re-think the distribution of the main page.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #911
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Would it be possible to have the site give you the option of the background colour and/or colour of text?
Yes. Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderfish8 View Post
in terms of navigation, the only thing that would be helpful is a search bar for both players and/or tournaments because there are so many that finding it on the drop down menu is a pain
That's a great idea too. It could work for tournaments but I'm not so sure about players because player names have all kinds of symbols in their names that are not on the standard keyboard. Hmm.

Quote:
background... maybe a pale orange with purple font
or light blue/turquoise with purple font
the background shouldn't be too dark and the font shouldn't be too light otherwise it'll be painful to look at
Can you go here, choose the color combinations you like and then post them here? Post the color number that is above the color picker, for example #6655A1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingroger View Post
Will be back soon and upload new tournaments...
Great

Quote:
Automatic ranking system?
Maybe someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
I would put frames and borders in it and re-think the distribution of the main page.
Yup. A banner at the top, links on the left, everything else in the middle. Now I just need someone to make a banner
Old 07-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #912
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Name change to be done - tennisbabe999 to Anin
Old 07-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #913
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Name change to be done - tennisbabe999 to Anin
Done.

I also deleted Furth CH 2012 so it needs to be reentered.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #914
country flag kingroger

kingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond repute

New tournaments will be up tomorrow
TTS:#162 (High: #121) W (2)2012: Alphen CH, Szezecin CH
TTD: #132 (High: #26)
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
DTT Singles: High: #1 - W Australian Open 2011, Madrid 2011, Tokyo 2011
DTT Doubles: High: #3 - W Wimbledon 2011, US Open 2011
kingroger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #915
country flag tennismaster882001

tennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond repute

hugocnamaral is wrongly inputed in mtftt as hugocrnamaral.
jahrastaman should really be jahrastaman_BR
Both need to be corrected.
tennismaster882001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote