Nadal almost surely out of Toronto, possibly Cincy too - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #46
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal almost surely out of Toronto, possibly Cincy too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
what is the difference between 3 and 4 besides a number?
Not much, really. Same seeding - no Djokovic or Federer until the SF. Still, psychologically it might have an influence. Whether positive or negative I won't say. Federer appeared to shift gears when he fell to 4th last year, so maybe a new stint at 4th would be good for Rafa? Still - this is not on the horizon yet.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #47
country flag juan77

juan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond repute

How come he never gets injured or drops out of tournaments in the clay season?
juan77 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #48
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan77 View Post
But recheck the 2009 season, Roland Garros in particular....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is online now View My Blog!  
Old 07-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #49
country flag juan77

juan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
But recheck the 2009 season, Roland Garros in particular....
The only thing that got injured was his butt from the ass whoopin' Soderling gave him.
juan77 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #50
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan77 View Post
He missed both 2003 and 2004 French Opens due to injury. Then skipped Barcelona in 2010 to protect his knees - had treatment. And usually it is the amount he plays and wins during the clay season that does him in towards the end of the season anyway...
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #51
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rafa Nadal fears the chance to carry Spain's flag at an Olympics opening ceremony may not come around again after being forced to withdraw from the London 2012 tennis event with a knee injury. The 11-times grand slam champion was to be his country's flagbearer at next Friday's opening ceremony but pulled out on Thursday after failing to recover from the knee problems that have dogged him.

The Olympic singles champion now faces a battle to be fit for the forthcoming U.S. hardcourt season culminating at the U.S. Open at Flushing Meadow. Speaking to Reuters Television in a gym on his home island of Mallorca on Saturday, the 26-year-old said it had been a hard decision to withdraw. "I was like scared to take the decision no? It is something that happens. You never know if it happens only one time in life bringing the flag of my country to the Olympics with all the sports family of Spain there," he said.

"All I can say is that I did as much as I could to be there and to be ready but it wasn't the right time. "My emotion and my illusion (dream) to compete in the Olympics was more than ever. "The only thing that I can do is to work hard and try to do the things that will create another opportunity in Rio 2016,"
added the former world number one.

"When I had to take the decision was the toughest moment. But it was something that I was thinking was going to happen for the last six, seven days because the knee was not improving."

Nadal suffers with tendinitis in his knees -- a condition that forced him to withdraw from Wimbledon in 2009, a year after winning the tournament.
Only in March this year, he was forced to concede his Miami Masters semi-final against Andy Murray. Despite winning a seventh French Open title, Nadal has dropped to three in the world rankings behind Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic and the state of his knees is sure to become a topic of debate as the American swing begins.

"The only thing I can do is to work hard every day as much as I can to try to recover my knee as quick as possible in the tennis calendar," said Nadal, who suffered a shock second-round defeat to Czech Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon last month. "The tournaments never stop so I will try to be ready for the American season but you never know you have to work hard every day and see, go day by day and see how it improves." "I will compete when my knee says I am ready to compete," he added. "I don't want to go on court with bad feeling because then it is terrible. You start, you have to stop, you suffer every day. I will go back to court when my knee is ready."

Spanish basketball player Pau Gasol has been chosen to replace Nadal as the country's flag bearer.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nadal-s...6843--ten.html
Old 07-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #52
country flag Rafa is the GOAT

Rafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

15 days from 3 days ago is till the 2nd of August
Toronto starts on the 6th
Rafa will probably play on the 9th of August
That is enough
He'll play
Rafa is the GOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #53
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like he may even miss the USO if necessary from that article you posted, Ash86.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #54
country flag Ash86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa is the GOAT View Post
15 days from 3 days ago is till the 2nd of August
Toronto starts on the 6th
Rafa will probably play on the 9th of August
That is enough
He'll play
Have you read the article above? That's an interview he gave today - he said he'll play when the knee tells him he can. So far it's clearly nowhere near ready for him to get back on a court.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #55
country flag Rafa is the GOAT

Rafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeRafa is the GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

No I just did the math of people saying he'll rest for 15 days
I want him to only play when he is 100% healthy, that is what I currently want the most
Rafa is the GOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #56
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

all BS

nadal will play toronto
Old 07-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #57
country flag Ash86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Sounds like he may even miss the USO if necessary from that article you posted, Ash86.
I agree. He's not been on a tennis court (apart from that practice the other day to see if the Olympics was possible) since Wimbledon - looks like at least another 2 weeks before he can get there. May even be later. Then getting towards match fitness etc. I think the points he's defending may make missing the US Open a very drastic decision (he played it in 2009 after all...) but he now thinks more longterm and if he has to miss it, he'll miss it.

What is more positive though is that he's even contemplating being around for 2016 - last year he was talking about feeling like he's been on tour for "100 years" - now he's pacing himself and has a more longterm perspective. His body may not allow him to play that long but seems like his mind/heart certainly want to try now, which wasn't the case before.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #58
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
I don`t trust very much in nadal`s injurys......

I mean , he destroyed ferrer and all his opponents in roland garros and one week later or two he is totally injuried??????

this isvery similar to roland garros 2009 for me , his match against rosol maybe hurt his confidence and he is not ready for play yet.
you're being foolish, tendonitis can flare up WHENEVER, it's not like you choose when it does. he had played a ton of matches for what 2 months during clay season and his knees got messed up barely into grass season. it happens.

you don't trust his injury? you think it's a joke missing the Olympics of which he defends? and likely two more masters events? there is no benefit for him to sacrafice such big tournaments, even competing. clearly something is wrong with his body don't by silly

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #59
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
I feel kinda bad for his fans in Toronto and Cincy.
I mean... Damn!

You can say whatever you want, but a tournament without Rafa or Federer isn't the same. Only those two, and you know it.

he wont learn. not much else that can be done.

he has to play and practice more on clay year around if he wants to keep playing.

and plan to lose early at the hard court masters events. yes that does mean tanking.

there is no other solution.

all extra hard court activity needs to be cut asap. no doubles on hard courts and no exos on hard courts.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #60
country flag Honestly
Banned!

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyServe View Post
Mentally injured, just like after his loss against Soderling.
You can't help wondering wether this is true. Exact same situation after losing to Soderling. I think this is more mental than physical.
Honestly is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread