RIP Jon Lord - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute
Default RIP Jon Lord

Deep Purple organ player Jon Lord passed away today.

I've been a Purple fan for 15 years and it is mostly because of Jon Lords unique and exquisite wizardry on the Hammond organ.
He's probably most famous for the haunting intro to Child in Time, but his style of playing is essential to any Deep Purple song and is one of the defining sounds of hard rock though the ages.

I've been lucky enough to see Jon Lord play with Deep Purple three times. Unforgettable concerts. The thing with Lord, he'd never play the same solo twice. Great musician.

Here's a classic Purple clip. Highway Star.. terrific solo.

Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RIP Jon Lord

Lord's work on Son of Alerik made me love Purple. Definitely my favourite tune of the band, though lesser known. He's got all my respect.

Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Lord's work on Son of Alerik made me love Purple.
Good call!
It's a very little known song. Just a recorded jam session, if memory serves.
This band was so good they could just sit together, start playing and come up with a gem like this.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

RIP. Fantastic musician, his brilliant work on the Hammond organ with DP especially, will be remembered forever.
Or so I believe.

From the 3:15 mark - immaculate solo, including Hammond organ and Minimoog!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #5
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

One of the best ever.
During and after Deep Purple, who's one of the best bands ever.

You're gonna be so deeply missed, Maestro
Old 07-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
country flag TennisMilan

TennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond reputeTennisMilan has a reputation beyond repute

This makes me very sad. He was one of the main reasons Deep Purple are in my top 10 bands.
TennisMilan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote