Marcel in 2012 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #91
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcel in 2012 - Umag :cheerleader:

I hope he isn't tired! Good luck against Verdasco.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #92
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

He also reached doubles final w/Marc Lopez, the opponents in final are Marrero and Verdasco (for the change).
Old 07-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #93
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

He won the singles, and is now top 20 (), but lost the doubles. Still, a fantastic week, and it can become nearly perfect if he can beat Cilic in the final. Best of luck, Marcel.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #94
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the final!!
Also congrats on the top 20!!

Congrats on the doubles final and I'm sorry.

Still fantastic weeks whatever happens, well done!!

Also Gstaad draw is out. Bye in first round, then Dodig/Kubot in second. In quarterfinal he would meet with .. Benneteau/Dimitrov/Stakhovsky or qualifier.
In SF maybe Youzhny or Feliciano Lopez, there is Bellucci too.

Here is the full draw:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/314/mds.pdf
Old 07-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #95
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Marcel He led *4-3 and 40-15 when he wasn't able to hold his service games, he lost the first set 4-6 then started the second so bad, the results was 0-5 within minutes. He fought at the end but it was too late.

He lost both final, singles and doubles too.

At least he reached top 20 on singles.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #96
country flag iramlatif

iramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcel in 2012 - He lost Umag final, Gstaad next.

He did well nonetheless. Let's applaud him for becoming better each year. Here's a pic of him
iramlatif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #97
country flag willoughby

willoughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
GM will never change. You know few years ago, it was bad when no one cared what he did. He didn't have haters but really, for what? He was a fine player around top 50 without good results.
Now they know that he won 2 titles last year, was seeded at RG and reached R4 and they aren't keeping quiet at this time, they start to hate. And what a reasons OMG I must laugh when I'm thinking about it.
Hi Sonja. The main reason for all the hate on Marcel in this forum is really simple: He's Spaniard. There are players that grunt as much as Marcel, but they're still liked overall in MTF.
The best example would be Carlos Berlocq. He's an even more obnoxious grunter than Marcel, and most of people here seem to like him, with that ridiculous nickname he has in this forum (Warlocq or something like that)
Then there's Fognini, a really unsportsmanlike player, who doesn't even look like a good guy off-court to me (I haven't met him, but it's always been my impression on this guy), yet this mug's forum seems to love that guy. Btw, I have met Marcel in person like three times at Barcelona tournament, and I can say that he is a really nice person.
Last example that comes to mind is some talentless player like Brown, a guy who doesn't deserve to be top-100, and also looks like 90% of MTF loves him, maybe because of his rasta looks... can't find any other reason, really.
As you said, Marcel was pretty irrelevant here a few years ago, when he was around 75-100 in the world in singles and his best results were in doubles. Now that he's a new Spaniard in the top-20 in singles, all the hate comes automaticly towards him at Mug Tennis Forums, with all the typical subjects saying the original phrase of "xxx saved tennis" everytime Marcel loses a match.
I wouldn't give it any importance tbh... Their poor lives must be really sad if they get so satisfied just because some innocent player lost a tennis match.
That's all. Bye Sonja and all fans of Marcel here

PS: Btw, if some of you is fan of Berlocq, Fognini or Brown, those were just the examples that came to my mind. I don't dislike these players and it wasn't my intention if I could say something offensive to them.
willoughby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #98
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Nice pic iramlatif

Quote:
Originally Posted by willoughby View Post
Hi Sonja. The main reason for all the hate on Marcel in this forum is really simple: He's Spaniard. There are players that grunt as much as Marcel, but they're still liked overall in MTF.
The best example would be Carlos Berlocq. He's an even more obnoxious grunter than Marcel, and most of people here seem to like him, with that ridiculous nickname he has in this forum (Warlocq or something like that)
Then there's Fognini, a really unsportsmanlike player, who doesn't even look like a good guy off-court to me (I haven't met him, but it's always been my impression on this guy), yet this mug's forum seems to love that guy. Btw, I have met Marcel in person like three times at Barcelona tournament, and I can say that he is a really nice person.
Last example that comes to mind is some talentless player like Brown, a guy who doesn't deserve to be top-100, and also looks like 90% of MTF loves him, maybe because of his rasta looks... can't find any other reason, really.
As you said, Marcel was pretty irrelevant here a few years ago, when he was around 75-100 in the world in singles and his best results were in doubles. Now that he's a new Spaniard in the top-20 in singles, all the hate comes automaticly towards him at Mug Tennis Forums, with all the typical subjects saying the original phrase of "xxx saved tennis" everytime Marcel loses a match.
I wouldn't give it any importance tbh... Their poor lives must be really sad if they get so satisfied just because some innocent player lost a tennis match.
That's all. Bye Sonja and all fans of Marcel here

PS: Btw, if some of you is fan of Berlocq, Fognini or Brown, those were just the examples that came to my mind. I don't dislike these players and it wasn't my intention if I could say something offensive to them.
Hi Yes, I agree. That's laughable. I believe that it can be annoying for some poster but seriously, is it a reason of hating? I don't think so. And I didn't even think about Berlocq but really. And looks like his is so liked.
About Fognini, it was weird to me too. He is 'fantastic' sportman meanwhile they hate Almagro and Robredo for that (Okay, my fav reason was that they hate Almagro because he is ugly )

Oh you lucky. I would like to see Marcel on some day. I can imagine how nice person he is.

I hope they will get used to him with time and they will finish this pointless hate. He really doesn't deserve it. Anyway I remember he didn't get hate in last year, only in last months maybe. It started in Valencia after he beaten Cilic and Del Potro.

Thanks for your coming.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #99
country flag The Prince

The majority of MTF seems irrational. So take no notice of them. Everyone is allowed their opinion though, and if you don't like it then ignore it.

Marcel will begin in Gstaad against Kubot. Statistically he's strong favourite, it should be quite easy, considering his form last week, previous meetings between the two and the Gstaad factor in Marcel's favour (he won here last year). Kubot's game should suit the high altitude in Gstaad, and it will be a tough match.

Best of luck to Marcel though.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #100
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Yes I agree and Marcel is the heavy favourite of that match. They play on Thursday too so Marcel has time to rest, tomorrow doubles though but it can help to use the court. Surely different like in Umag.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #101
country flag iramlatif

iramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond reputeiramlatif has a reputation beyond repute

but diana i know u love marcel...and he's a very good player. but isn't there some part of u that thinks his grunting is overthetop? I mean it's like he's kinda forcing it? even the commentators in america were commenting on him. (I'm not asking u to bash him, i just want to know what ur thoughts are)
t c
Old 07-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #102
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Marcel lost to Kubot. Easily. It wasn't a good match from him meanwhile I was suprised Kubot played a good match.
Marcel is still play doubles with Marc Lopez, they play their quarterfinal today a little later, against Mertinak/Moser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iramlatif View Post
but diana i know u love marcel...and he's a very good player. but isn't there some part of u that thinks his grunting is overthetop? I mean it's like he's kinda forcing it? even the commentators in america were commenting on him. (I'm not asking u to bash him, i just want to know what ur thoughts are)
t c
I don't know but honestly, I don't care. and that's good people can't say more about him.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #103
country flag iramlatif

Quote:
Marcel lost to Kubot. Easily. It wasn't a good match from him meanwhile I was suprised Kubot played a good match.
Marcel is still play doubles with Marc Lopez, they play their quarterfinal today a little later, against Mertinak/Moser.

I don't know but honestly, I don't care. and that's good people can't say more about him.
u must have had ur heart torn btwn which guy to root for! i know u like both.
but maybe he'll have a a good semifinal with marc!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #104
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Quote:
Originally Posted by iramlatif View Post
u must have had ur heart torn btwn which guy to root for! i know u like both.
but maybe he'll have a a good semifinal with marc!
Oh yeah, good when you see your favs against each other but not easy.

Hopefully they win the doubles title.

Nadal withdrew from Olympics. No idea what about the doubles now.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #105
country flag willoughby

willoughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nadal withdrew from Olympics. No idea what about the doubles now.
He'll still play doubles in the Olympics. Most probably with Almagro or Verdasco, but hopefully it'll be with Marc López.

Btw, maybe Marcel has a chance to play singles in the Olympics now. But tbh, I think F.López would be a better choice on grass, even if I dislike him and he lost in first round at Wimbledon this year.
willoughby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote