Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top? - Page 80 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Yes, and he will cement his reputation as the best player ever 197 55.18%
No, he will forever be two weeks short of the record 160 44.82%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #1186
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
LOL at the fact that 159 people answered "no" to the poll
It was 45-55 before he won Wimbledon . Some even bandwagon on polls .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #1187
country flag bounccer

bounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Let's be honest, nobody bar the extreme fedtards thought it would be possible, i don't see any shame to have been wrong on this, i think it's the most impressive feat of Federer, very unreal.
bounccer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #1188
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounccer View Post
Let's be honest, nobody bar the extreme fedtards thought it would be possible,
Oh please. I always thought it was possible and I am no tard. And I am certainly not the only one.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #1189
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's be honest, nobody bar the extreme fedtards thought it would be possible, i don't see any shame to have been wrong on this, i think it's the most impressive feat of Federer, very unreal.
Let's be honest, anyone who knows maths and has watched tennis before 2011 knew it'd be possible. Moreover, it's not about being wrong, it's about holding out until the end so you can vote and make yourself seem smart.

Again, it was 45-55 against. Look at it now. I have no problem with those that pointed out logically why it wouldn't happen as that's legit BUT others (like Nole spam) were so high on their horse that they were proclaiming Fed done and that he'd never win a slam. I don't care if she was serious or not, such posters need to be trolled so that next time they know not to spew so much bullshit.

Quote:
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Old 07-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #1190
country flag bounccer

bounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Let's be honest, anyone who knows maths and has watched tennis before 2011 knew it'd be possible.
After the WTF, ok, but well, after the USO 2010/ USO 2011 it was very very unlikely.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #1191
country flag Looner

Quote:
After the WTF, ok, but well, after the USO 2010/ USO 2011 it was very very unlikely.
Yup, no argument there. I even held out voting until later, as I was unsure. It's about being ridiculous in your statements, not the fact you were wrong.

Quote:
Old 07-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #1192
country flag bounccer

It's really one oh his greatest achivements, Agassi was 1 older but there wasn't any big force in this time.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #1193
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's really one oh his greatest achivements, Agassi was 1 older but there wasn't any big force in this time.
Agassi had Gil Reyes magic potion.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #1194
country flag JurajCrane

JurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond repute

I was sure Fed would have a decent shot at US Open, but taking it at Wimbledon was of course more impressive.

Now he should/can build on that and make a nice gap at Cincy/US Open which should protect him at inddor swing.

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #1195
country flag bounccer

Agassi was two years older but he became number one in 2003 with:

- AO, by playing one top 30, Grosjean, number 16 by that time, perhaps the easiest GS in the history.(Vahaly, Lee, Escudé, kid Coria, Grosjean, Ferreira, Shuettler)

- Two Masters Series, Miami (but he beat only El Ayanaoui, Costa and Moya, not a nightmare draw on hard) and Madrid ( Ferrero, Grosjean and Novak)

- Two smallers tournaments (Houston and San José)

He was the RU in the USO, he lost at the quarter in the French and at the 4th round in Wimbledon.

Good but not comparable to Federer IMO.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #1196
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Wondering where is setsampras right now after he lost last two living points
Setsampras reincarnated as Fireball.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #1197
country flag Looner

I think Lenders has uncovered Fireballer as Saberq, which if true, would mean he'd disappear come Monday as his ban is up .

Quote:
Old 07-15-2012, 01:13 AM   #1198
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa = Fed Killa View Post
This is disgusting and classless - what else can expect from a Fedtard

Disgusting and classless = A rafatard who went back and spit on his own words and never able to keep his own promise?

I thought you promised you'll leave us?
Please keep your word!
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #1199
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
Setsampras reincarnated as Fireball.
Is Fireballer really Setsampy?
Honestly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #1200
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
federer owning navratilova

"Roger is on the other side of the float, I don't think he'll ever play as well as he did three or four years ago—that's not to say he can't still win a slam, but it's difficult to see him climbing back to No. 1," Navratilova said. "Nadal is dominating and Djokovic's confidence is off the chart. Roger has lost three matches (this season) to Djokovic and lost to him at U.S. Open last year as well, it will get under his skin."

federer's reply:
"You'd rather hear other things, you know. Maybe she missed the London World Tour Finals. I don't know. Maybe she was somewhere else climbing Kilimanjaro. I don't know. I love her."
It doesn't matter how far you got in the women's game. As long as you are a woman it's better to shut your mouth about men's tennis. Unless you wana look like a complete idiot like Navratilova here.
Honestly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote