Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top? - Page 79 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Yes, and he will cement his reputation as the best player ever 197 55.18%
No, he will forever be two weeks short of the record 160 44.82%
Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #1171
country flag Ububub

Ububub has a reputation beyond reputeUbubub has a reputation beyond reputeUbubub has a reputation beyond reputeUbubub has a reputation beyond reputeUbubub has a reputation beyond reputeUbubub has a reputation beyond reputeUbubub has a reputation beyond reputeUbubub has a reputation beyond reputeUbubub has a reputation beyond reputeUbubub has a reputation beyond reputeUbubub has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Summer Season Points to Defend: Federer - 990; Djokovic - 3,600; Nadal - 1,390.

So, subtracting out all of the Summer Season points, Federer starts with 10,085; Djokovic - 7,400; and Nadal 7,515.

So, Djokovic would have to gain 2,685 more points than Federer during the Summer Season to be standing as the #1 player following the USO.

So, if Fed wins the Olympics and then SFs each of the remaining Summer tournaments, Djokovic would have to pretty much run the table to be standing as the #1 player following USO.

It's the autumn that gets tricky for Fed though. But I'll try not to think about until then.

(Sorry if it looks like I left Nadal out of the equation, but he'd have to do something he hasn't done in almost two years to be competitive - win a hard-court title.)

Last edited by Ububub : 07-09-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Ububub is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #1172
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the

Wondering where is setsampras right now after he lost last two living points
Old 07-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #1173
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Wondering where is setsampras right now after he lost last two living points
He's working on a time machine so he can go back in time and kill Federer before he becomes a tennis player. That way Sampras would still be King.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #1174
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
He's working on a time machine so he can go back in time and kill Federer before he becomes a tennis player. That way Sampras would still be King.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #1175
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

federer owning navratilova

"Roger is on the other side of the float, I don't think he'll ever play as well as he did three or four years ago—that's not to say he can't still win a slam, but it's difficult to see him climbing back to No. 1," Navratilova said. "Nadal is dominating and Djokovic's confidence is off the chart. Roger has lost three matches (this season) to Djokovic and lost to him at U.S. Open last year as well, it will get under his skin."

federer's reply:
"You'd rather hear other things, you know. Maybe she missed the London World Tour Finals. I don't know. Maybe she was somewhere else climbing Kilimanjaro. I don't know. I love her."
Old 07-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #1176
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Fed is jealous because Martina has bigger biceps than him

Last edited by samanosuke : 07-14-2012 at 05:53 PM.
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #1177
country flag DemiCrayanhan

DemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond repute

martina copped to her mistake herself. did anyone else see that tennis channel video after roger won? she did the bow down gesture to him and said she had been wrong. that she thought he couldn't do it because she couldn't back then.

roger: "i'm glad you're wrong sometimes."

so am i martina, so am i.

The Yin-Yang of Tennis

"Seemingly contrary forces which are not only interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, but only give rise to each other in turn."
DemiCrayanhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #1178
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
federer owning navratilova

"Roger is on the other side of the float, I don't think he'll ever play as well as he did three or four years ago—that's not to say he can't still win a slam, but it's difficult to see him climbing back to No. 1," Navratilova said. "Nadal is dominating and Djokovic's confidence is off the chart. Roger has lost three matches (this season) to Djokovic and lost to him at U.S. Open last year as well, it will get under his skin."

federer's reply:
"You'd rather hear other things, you know. Maybe she missed the London World Tour Finals. I don't know. Maybe she was somewhere else climbing Kilimanjaro. I don't know. I love her."

Martina is a Rafatard. Federer is a Martinatard. Rafa is a Fedtard.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #1179
country flag tealeaves

tealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you get banned because of this
RIP BigJohn
TT Singles CH #172
TT Doubles CH #103 - W: Guadalajara 2014; Bergamo, Cherbourg, Poznan 2013 (w/goOudinUSA)

Federer Del Potro Wawrinka Djokovic Berdych Nishikori Pospisil Youzhny Paire Soderling
tealeaves is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #1180
country flag Rafa = Fed Killa
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER

Rafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond reputeRafa = Fed Killa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is disgusting and classless - what else can expect from a Fedtard

RIP TENNIS JUNE 7, 2009

Do what must be done.
Do not hesitate.
Show no mercy.
Rafa = Fed Killa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #1181
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe navratilova complains so much about the WTA and talks so much about the ATP because she secretely would have liked to play in the ATP
Old 07-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #1182
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Federer is a Martinatard.
what makes you think that?
Old 07-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #1183
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
what makes you think that?
He's always made a lot of positive comments about her.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #1184
country flag TennisGrandSlam

TennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see Mats Wilander's response to Federer's return to no.1
TennisGrandSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #1185
country flag networthy

networthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond reputenetworthy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL at the fact that 159 people answered "no" to the poll
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote