Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: SF vs Federer - Page 54 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #796
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: SF vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
Somebody at the Official Novak forum suggested that Nole may be having personal problems. He is very emotional. Everything has to be right. Maybe he is having some personal issues. I hope he gets himself sorted out.
Is there any indications of this? I didn't notice anything, he seemed just fine to me. And I really hope this isn't the case.

He hasn't been as strong as we could be, but that is only normal. You can't be at the top of your game 24/7. And I fear he lost a bit of self confidence and belief after those losses to Rafa. And it hurt his ego and confidence.

I think he will be fine, sooner than we expect.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #797
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Is there any indications of this? I didn't notice anything, he seemed just fine to me. And I really hope this isn't the case.
I doubt it, he looked fine in the early round, even more than that. For the 2 years straight, SF has been his worst result at slam level, can't really complain
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #798
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
I doubt it, he looked fine in the early round, even more than that. For the 2 years straight, SF has been his worst result at slam level, can't really complain
That is What I think as well we can't always win
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #799
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That would be shortsighted, in my opinion.

He has to get rested for the important tournaments: Olympics, Canada, Cincy, USO.

He has played 2 tournaments who count as 500s: Dubai and Monte Carlo. He can play Beijing and Basel and make up for last year's underperforming, to make sure he ends the year as #1.

If he gets distracted by clay and then loses in the Olympics or Masters it will be very difficult to regain the #1.

Don't give so much importance to one match when he was low on energy. That's tennis. He'll bounce back. He may even beat Roger on grass fighting for the gold medal.

One question: why are Roger fans visiting us? Are they not happy enough with their man that they have to come her? So Nole is in Roger's head (did you notice how many times he mentioned his losses to Nole?) and we are in Roger's fans' heads... Me likey.
Unless you have been living under a rock, he has been weak in the main tournaments and he is not winning.
In the RG, he played like he didn't want to be there and the less said about wimbledon , the better.

So there is no basis to say that lower tournaments can ruin his "preparation" when he is not winning but he desperately needs optional points.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #800
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hope I don't sound bitter because I don't feel bitter. I'm just trying to find some positives and cheer people up. This is a Nole forum and I'm trying to explain what went wrong with Nole in Wimbledon. It's easy to only remember the last match and not the way Nole beat Roger in Rome and in Paris. I'm just trying to put some perspective here, among Nole fans.

Please don't compare that to saying, publicly, during a press conference: "I feel I should be doing the other presser... It's tough to lose to guy like that... How can you play a shot like that on MP? I was taught to believe in hard work... But I guess he's like a junior... slapping shots around and off you go". That was one of, if not the most insulting presser by a top player twards another player. Absolutely shocking.

I never said Roger diodn't deserve his title or any of his wins. And definitely I didn't say that Nole should have won instead of Roger.

But it is a good exercise to analise what happened, why Nole could literally crush Roger in Rome and Paris and not have any fight in him when they met in Wimbledon... I'm trying to find explanations. I'm very surprised you consider that bitter...

Yeah we all know about Fed but that doesn't excuse you to becoming a cheerleader or should I say a glory hunter that acts all positive when the situation calls for action and adaptation.Live in the present or just become a nobody or worse. Don't soothe the ego with positive stuff from the past that is absolutelly useless today.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #801
country flag munZe konZa

Quote:
Slams are not the problem yet, the problem is losing #1 so meekly mainly because of his refusal to play optionals.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #802
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what's with the fixation you have with those "optionals". Unless he's hell bent on breaking the record, #1 doesn't matter that much, Hewitt has more weeks and less slams, and nobody cared about that.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:18 AM   #803
country flag Chemokine

Chemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond reputeChemokine has a reputation beyond repute

I've been avoiding all tennis forums after Wimbly because I knew all the Fedtards would be wetting themselves, but I thought I might as well put in my 0.02 here.

Nole has definitely not been at 2011 level. That match against Federer was absolutely pathetic. Nole 2011 Wimbledon form would've easily beaten him. I think Nole was probably somewhat rattled by his grandfather dying, but he's definitely lost focus. You can't expect to win when you aren't focused and have such a negative attitude. :-/ Seriously, that 4th set killed me. As soon I saw that Nole was broken, I just ran away. It was just...ugh.

Hopefully Nole will be energized by the Olympics and kick some ass. Fighting for Serbia always seems to recharge his fires. I don't really care about him playing loads of 500s, though he definitely needs to make up on the post USO Asian Swing, but I think he should've played a little more. He didn't really prep for AO 2012, and he came out flat before RG. Nole needs a strong USO series and hopefully a USO win (though I'm rooting for Murray to take his first slam sometime soon...) to re-energize him.

ADJE.

And, GTFO Fedtards. This is the NOVAK DJOKOVIC forum.
Chemokine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #804
country flag munZe konZa

Quote:
Not sure what's with the fixation you have with those "optionals". Unless he's hell bent on breaking the record, #1 doesn't matter that much, Hewitt has more weeks and less slams, and nobody cared about that.
I tend to live in the moment and that's how sports goes as well. As far as optionals, I guess you think they don't matter but that's the main reason why he lost #1 but then again you don't think #1 matters so what can I say