Rogers Cup Visitor Information - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rogers Cup Visitor Information

I would have posted it in the Rogers Cup forum, but I doubt many people are visiting that forum yet so I thought I'd get more info here. Snowwy can move it if you think it should be moved.

I'm thinking about planning a trip to Toronto this summer for the Rogers Cup. I've never been to a live tennis event before, and have never been to York University.

I was checking out the ticket prices, and they're quite expensive. I've already asked on another forum but I figured I'd ask here, has anyone here watched from the 300 level? How is the view? I don't mind not being up close and was wondering if I should go for a package in the silver seats or just get a few sessions in the 300's.

Also the packages on the Rogers Cup site are limited, I heard that in previous years there were more flexible packages, is that true? And will there be better packages as we get closer or is this it?

I was thinking about getting the Mid Week package for the silver seats which is 1 session per day, and then getting seats in the 300's for the other session on Monday and Tuesday, that way I'll get all of Monday and Tuesday so I'll get to see all the Canadians who get in, plus I'll get to see some top ranked players on my Wednesday, and Thursday session. That would likely be $400 at least and probably closer to $500 based on their listed prices which I'm not too keen on spending, but whatever.

Also, I'm looking at transportation. I have family in Scarborough, and Pickering, but they will likely have to work so I'll probably have to take the subway, and then transfer to a bus to get to the Rexall Centre. What is the best way to do so?

Thanks

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion

Last edited by 156mphserve : 06-07-2012 at 03:33 AM.
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 03:16 AM   #2
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rogers Cup Visitor Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
I would have posted it in the Rogers Cup forum, but I doubt many people are visiting that forum yet so I thought I'd get more info here. Snowwy can move it if you think it should be moved.

I'm thinking about planning a trip to Toronto this summer for the Rogers Cup. I've never been to a live tennis event before, and have never been to York University.

I was checking out the ticket prices, and they're quite expensive. I've already asked on another forum but I figured I'd ask here, has anyone here watched from the 300 level? How is the view? I don't mind being up close and was wondering if I should go for a package in the silver seats or just get a few sessions in the 300's.

Also the packages on the Rogers Cup site are limited, I heard that in previous years there were more flexible packages, is that true? And will there be better packages as we get closer or is this it?

I was thinking about getting the Mid Week package for the silver seats which is 1 session per day, and then getting seats in the 300's for the other session on Monday and Tuesday, that way I'll get all of Monday and Tuesday so I'll get to see all the Canadians who get in, plus I'll get to see some top ranked players on my Wednesday, and Thursday session. That would likely be $400 at least and probably closer to $500 based on their listed prices which I'm not too keen on spending, but whatever.

Also, I'm looking at transportation. I have family in Scarborough, and Pickering, but they will likely have to work so I'll probably have to take the subway, and then transfer to a bus to get to the Rexall Centre. What is the best way to do so?

Thanks
I think this is the right spot since it is way more active than the other spot would be. That said, I have never been to the even in Toronto, only Montreal, so I cannot help you at all.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

Get off at Downsview Station, go up the stairs to where the buses are and take the 196 bus on the far left. It's an express bus so it won't take long 'til you get to York U. Maybe 20-25 minutes.

There is usually a line-up of students there, so you can ask one to make sure.
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

or if it's easier for you, get off at Sheppard Station, the 196 bus is also there. It'll stop at Downsview Station on the way, and will take the same route as my previous post.

EDIT: Took out the weekend info, since you've only mentioned weekdays
Old 06-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, that's what I planned on doing. I had someone mention taking the green subway line to Jane(It's the green line I get on originally, so that saves having to switch to the yellow line), and getting a bus from Jane to the Rexall Center, because it was a shorter walk from that stop to rexall than from the 196 bus stop to rexall.

I was thinking about going on the free qualifying weekend as well, I just didn't mention it because I never had any questions, so feel free to post that weekend info

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 06-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
country flag Ravel

I was just saying that there might not be weekend service with the 196 bus. Not too sure about that
Old 07-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #7
country flag 156mphserve

Just booked my tickets, will be there for Monday-Thursday, and Qualifying. Excited already

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion