Frederico Gil - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #106
country flag Gil&becker

Gil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frederico Gil

Gil decided to change coaches. He now will work with Bernardo Mota, portuguese coach. He said Esparcia was good in technical termo, but he lacked more proximity. He also prefers to work from Portugal, not Spain. Gil did well with Esparcia until Estoril, but something changed in his head, lacked confidence all these last two months, Esparcia couldn't help him, and this is the end. Not sure if this was the correct thing to do... But wish him the best! Go Gil!
Gil&becker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #107
country flag Ramsay

Ramsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond repute

And now he lost on the 1st round in Milan by double 1-6. Oh god...
Ramsay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #108
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

Amazed with that result. What happened to him? Is he trying some new type of game play with his new trainer that needs some extra time to get it well done?

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #109
country flag Ramsay

Ramsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond reputeRamsay has a reputation beyond repute

He's with Bernardo Mota at a couple of days. Didn't change too much yet (just a little on the service). Robert played better but Gil maked too much UE's.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #110
country flag Gil&becker

Gil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond reputeGil&becker has a reputation beyond repute

Fred really needs to take things differently from now on. He was in hell for the last two and a half months, almost destroied great first part of the season. I'm sure he had some severe differences with his former coach. Now, working with Bernardo Mota, I really hope things get better. He needs a SF appearance this week to get USOpen MD direct acceptance. Go Gil!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #111
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope that he's back on form. At least he's in the 2nd round of Bastad, though he had some problems against Ilhan. Now he plays against a 'winnable' player, Gimeno-Traver, let's see how he performs today.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 08-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #112
country flag Ramsay

Frederico Gil will be back in Cincinnati. He won't be in Canada.

Tennis Tipping

Singles rank: 248
Best tournaments: QF Fut Vigo, 2nd round CH Tampere

Doubles rank: 187
Best tournaments: Semi-finals CH Tampere and CH Pozoblanco (w/volc0mizado), Title CH Beijing (w/lolada_4), 2nd round Roland Garros (w/ Mesut Ozil)
Old 08-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #113
country flag Ramsay

Can you give me the 1st post of this thread for I update this?

Tennis Tipping

Singles rank: 248
Best tournaments: QF Fut Vigo, 2nd round CH Tampere

Doubles rank: 187
Best tournaments: Semi-finals CH Tampere and CH Pozoblanco (w/volc0mizado), Title CH Beijing (w/lolada_4), 2nd round Roland Garros (w/ Mesut Ozil)
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #114
country flag Gil&becker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil&becker View Post
Fred really needs to take things differently from now on. He was in hell for the last two and a half months, almost destroied great first part of the season. I'm sure he had some severe differences with his former coach. Now, working with Bernardo Mota, I really hope things get better. He needs a SF appearance this week to get USOpen MD direct acceptance. Go Gil!!!
Fred is really in hell, and finding no way-out. Saw his match today against Naso, straight sets defeat. Dreadful first serve, just defending all match long, painful to watch, I actually fell a sleep. What a disaster from Estoril Open onwards. Don't know what's happening to him, what's on his mind. He lacks some sort of boost, otherwise he can forget Top-100 finish to the season, and things will get complicated if he doesn't secure Aussie Open MD direct acceptance. He doesn't seem to be injured, just mental problem, to a player who relied on his mental strength and fighting spirit. Seems unreal that he was on ATP Race to London Top-50 until beggining of clay-court season, winning so many matches against Top-50 players... Now, he's playing like shit...

Go Gil!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #115
country flag Gil&becker

Quote:
Too much for Gil today. Mind game and Simon's quality took him out, I think. Simon defended well and used well his cross-court forehand. Gil recognized that he was out of solutions. I saw the match and that was clearly happening. Several points whit Simon using slice from both sides, just pushing the ball long, and Gil lacked a weapon to finish the point. So, the UE began rapidly to mount, after a good confident start.
Gil will now be around 115th, and needs about 75 points from Barcelona and/or Estoril to secure Wimby MD. Anyhow, will be one of the 16 top-seeded at RG Qualy (already out of MD direct acceptance now) and at Wimby Qualy, if he doesn't secure MD acceptance.
He has been playing really well this season, most consistent season so far at ATP level on his professional career, just similar to 2009, his real debut at this level. Hope he doesn't fall appart after Estoril, as he did that year. I think that what he's producing is enough to get back rapidly to Top75. Let's see how he develops through clay-court season (this was just his first tournament on clay on this European swing, and already secured 70 points this week, which is great).
Jesus, this is scary, I really hope I didn't put a curse on him, or something... By the way, I wrote this just after his defeat to Simon at the beggining of the clay-season, in Monte Carlo. He then played well in Barcelona, and the next tournament on his schedule was Estoril...
Old 08-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #116
country flag sfar

Quote:
Jesus, this is scary, I really hope I didn't put a curse on him, or something... By the way, I wrote this just after his defeat to Simon at the beggining of the clay-season, in Monte Carlo. He then played well in Barcelona, and the next tournament on his schedule was Estoril...
It's happening just the same, summertime is no good for Fred. A professional tennis player has to be stable mentally throughout the whole year to remain in the top ranking positions. And Fred's problem is basically mental, there's no thrill in his current gameplay.

I thought Machado would be different, but it has been proved that he was not mentally prepared for ATP tournaments. Then, he had injuries that didn't help at all for his confidence.

Hope that the same thing doesn't happen to Joăo Sousa when he takes the step forward to play more ATP events.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Old 09-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #117
country flag Gil&becker

After another disappointment at Genova CH, Fred asked to be taken out of Portuguese DC team for next week´s clash against Slvakia, alleging fatigue.
I really don´t know where is he going at with his career, but I see another coach change at the end of the season, if results don´t appear really quickly (which I doubt...).
Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #118
country flag Gil&becker

Uff! Glad it's over! Talk about an ackward season...
Gil played great until the end of April, he was playing like a Top-50, winning more than losing to Top-50 players, was at the Race to London Top-50, and then came Estoril... again! He lost first round at home, where he has always big hopes! He then lost some more winnable matches on following tournaments, lost qualies at RG, permanently out of Top100, fired his spanish coach... and it was the end. Not one decent result from then-on. What a tragedy, to end like this, such a promising season... He really must do what ever is necessary to change things around, since he was playing to the end of the season like a 250th ranked player, or something.
This happened also some years ago, when he reached to ATP level for the first time, reached Top-70, and then lost first round at Estoril to Blake, and it was the end to the season. It was pratically the same this season, but he now has no excuse, he is now a much more mature player.
Hope he manages to find his best tennis again, for the sake of Portuguese tennis, we really need him and Machado to back the rise of Joăo Sousa and Gastăo Elias. Pedro Sousa I quit believing will find a brain at some point in his life...
Go Gil!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #119
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gil

Gil is OUT! He said he wanted to rest, and only will start his season in Davies Cup vs Burundi...

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #120
country flag trulliscorpion

trulliscorpion has a reputation beyond reputetrulliscorpion has a reputation beyond reputetrulliscorpion has a reputation beyond reputetrulliscorpion has a reputation beyond reputetrulliscorpion has a reputation beyond reputetrulliscorpion has a reputation beyond reputetrulliscorpion has a reputation beyond reputetrulliscorpion has a reputation beyond reputetrulliscorpion has a reputation beyond reputetrulliscorpion has a reputation beyond reputetrulliscorpion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifying Entry List (updated December 18, 2012)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
Gil is OUT! He said he wanted to rest, and only will start his season in Davies Cup vs Burundi...
That's going to be a lengthy rest, at minimum 2 years with marginally over 0% chance it'll happen. Since Burundi don't even participate in Davis Cup, they'd need at least one year to register and yet another one to crawl from Group III Africa to Group II Europe/Africa. Then hope the draw goes that way. :P

On the other hand if he ends up resting until the matchup against Benin it'll be much faster.
trulliscorpion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote