Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: SF vs Federer - Page 53 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #781
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: SF vs Federer

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppaa View Post
Did he say that during the final, any video of that? If true I lost a lot of respect for him.
He said it at the very end of their match on friday.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #782
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
Thanks, nick.

During the match against Flo I saw Nole twice blow his nose covertly, not to give anything away.

He may have had the beginning of a cold. I lived in England for 5 years, believe me, it is damp, humid, cold, windy even during the summer. Easy to catch a cold.

Maybe that explains the low energy. He made an effort in the second set but he realised he didn't have the energy needed to win the whole match.

But that second set should make us optimistic. If he could have played like that for 3 sets, he would have won, even against JesusFed. He just had a cold.

Let's wait for the Olympics. Even on grass. Even indoors. Even against Roger, Nole can win gold. I'm sure of it.

He just had a bad day on Friday. Nothing to worry about. Nole is not as lucky as Roger, in the sense that when Roger had a bad day, Malisse still insisted on gifting him the match. No such luck for our Nole.
You make your own luck. You sound bitter like roger when he lost to Nole last year by blaming it on luck. Blaming luck is really what losers do. Problem for Nole is that he expects to win every tournament the same way , mainly by coming back or something. There doesn't seem to be any plan B.

I don't put much faith into Nole these days because he is becoming accustomed to losing and doesn't have a sense of urgency. If he is ok being passed by one guy, he will get passed soon enough by the other one. He only has 2 titles anyway and there is always something in his way. He needs to play lower tournaments and he needs to get back #1 ASAP while he can.If he doesn't do that, the other players will eat him alive no matter how nice he is.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #783
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
He said it at the very end of their match on friday.
If Nole continues to play like his SF match vs Fed, I agree he will never regain the #1 ranking too. He was very lethargic with zero fighting spirit in the 4th set. That was not the Nole I follow all these years.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #784
country flag munZe konZa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
If Nole continues to play like his SF match vs Fed, I agree he will never regain the #1 ranking too. He was very lethargic with zero fighting spirit in the 4th set. That was not the Nole I follow all these years.
That has become Nole because he thinks subconciously that he can win any tournament like USO/AO did. He won those tournaments by always going down a little bit and then making spectacular comebacks.
What is different from last year?
Well he doesn't have that big swagger and drive like last year but he is behaving like he does. So like last year he goes down but can't really go up . The only remedy for him is to start winning again by playing lower tournaments and not by hoping for return of the winning ways in a hit or miss way.

As for JMAC, he didn't say anything deep, just what he was hoping and he has been very offensive against Nole. However Nole has given them a lot of material.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #785
country flag mezoomozaa

mezoomozaa has a reputation beyond reputemezoomozaa has a reputation beyond reputemezoomozaa has a reputation beyond reputemezoomozaa has a reputation beyond reputemezoomozaa has a reputation beyond reputemezoomozaa has a reputation beyond reputemezoomozaa has a reputation beyond reputemezoomozaa has a reputation beyond reputemezoomozaa has a reputation beyond reputemezoomozaa has a reputation beyond reputemezoomozaa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care about ranking , I care more about the facts in front of my eyes :

Nole is the most complete tennis player in the world now , but grass still his [least preferred] surface > [ Fact ]

* Nole is the ONLY tennis player in the world who has the physical and technical abilities to collect the 4 grand slam tournaments in one calender year > [ Fact ]

* Federer now can't win a grand slam title with Nadal in his way , even in Mars [ Fact ]

* Nadal destroys Federer on any surface , anywhere , any time[ Fact ]

* Murray can't win a grandslam title with Fedal/Nole in the final [ Fact ] , he needs to pray day and night for all of the 3 to get injuried , so he can achieve his [dream]

I think that No need to worry about Novak future , he is fine , and he will be back very soon <3
Old 07-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #786
country flag munZe konZa

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
Why is it so important to be #1 for Olympics? You're being too demanding. He is only human, he gave US 2011 after the fail 2010 was, so in my case, I feel like he Has given me.enough joy for a lifetime. Of course the more he wins the better for all of us and him. But Nole is no Jesusfed and thank god he isn't.

He will be just fine!
just to reiterate something, #1 is all that matters in this sport. In other sports you can be successful as #5 or #10. I don't know why he would allow the other guys to take over him when he still can change it. Counting on USO right now is out of the picture. He has only won 2 tournaments this year and again has almost no optional points. That's why he lost his ranking which is very unfair.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #787
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
just to reiterate something, #1 is all that matters in this sport. In other sports you can be successful as #5 or #10. I don't know why he would allow the other guys to take over him when he still can change it. Counting on USO right now is out of the picture. He has only won 2 tournaments this year and again has almost no optional points. That's why he lost his ranking which is very unfair.
Yea, tell that to Wozniacki And USO is certainly not out of the picture.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #788
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: R1 vs JC Ferrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Certain Rafatrds are just horrible after RG.So,I think another piggy roasting is in order,just to shut them up.Fed in Nole's half?What else is new?Grass or no grass I'm not worried about Fed.Nole can have more problems against Berdshit.Anyway,it's time for our boy's 6st slam.Ajde Nole.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #789
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You make your own luck. You sound bitter like roger when he lost to Nole last year by blaming it on luck. Blaming luck is really what losers do. Problem for Nole is that he expects to win every tournament the same way , mainly by coming back or something. There doesn't seem to be any plan B.

I don't put much faith into Nole these days because he is becoming accustomed to losing and doesn't have a sense of urgency. If he is ok being passed by one guy, he will get passed soon enough by the other one. He only has 2 titles anyway and there is always something in his way. He needs to play lower tournaments and he needs to get back #1 ASAP while he can.If he doesn't do that, the other players will eat him alive no matter how nice he is.
I hope I don't sound bitter because I don't feel bitter. I'm just trying to find some positives and cheer people up. This is a Nole forum and I'm trying to explain what went wrong with Nole in Wimbledon. It's easy to only remember the last match and not the way Nole beat Roger in Rome and in Paris. I'm just trying to put some perspective here, among Nole fans.

Please don't compare that to saying, publicly, during a press conference: "I feel I should be doing the other presser... It's tough to lose to guy like that... How can you play a shot like that on MP? I was taught to believe in hard work... But I guess he's like a junior... slapping shots around and off you go". That was one of, if not the most insulting presser by a top player twards another player. Absolutely shocking.

I never said Roger diodn't deserve his title or any of his wins. And definitely I didn't say that Nole should have won instead of Roger.

But it is a good exercise to analise what happened, why Nole could literally crush Roger in Rome and Paris and not have any fight in him when they met in Wimbledon... I'm trying to find explanations. I'm very surprised you consider that bitter...
Old 07-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #790
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ok there is a clay tournament in Hamburg for 500 after next week.
He has to play this . Getting #1 and playing 500 tournaments. He has
only played 1(dubai) and he can have 5 of them.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/T...s/Hamburg.aspx
That would be shortsighted, in my opinion.

He has to get rested for the important tournaments: Olympics, Canada, Cincy, USO.

He has played 2 tournaments who count as 500s: Dubai and Monte Carlo. He can play Beijing and Basel and make up for last year's underperforming, to make sure he ends the year as #1.

If he gets distracted by clay and then loses in the Olympics or Masters it will be very difficult to regain the #1.

Don't give so much importance to one match when he was low on energy. That's tennis. He'll bounce back. He may even beat Roger on grass fighting for the gold medal.

One question: why are Roger fans visiting us? Are they not happy enough with their man that they have to come her? So Nole is in Roger's head (did you notice how many times he mentioned his losses to Nole?) and we are in Roger's fans' heads... Me likey.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #791
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

he lost both the slam and no. 1, i do not understand all this rationalization going around. basically, since the ao final he lost the killing instict and the will to win. even then, he was helped by nadal, but at least he hanged in there until nadal shoveled that bh into the tramlines. in paris and in london, he came out playing the most important matches as if he did not care.
just like something switched on after he won dc, something switched off after that dc injury and loss to del potro. save for ao flash in the pan, everything he produced so far was lacklustre.
hope that this defeat will spur him into action, but something tells me he will need more than that.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #792
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
he lost both the slam and no. 1, i do not understand all this rationalization going around. basically, since the ao final he lost the killing instict and the will to win. even then, he was helped by nadal, but at least he hanged in there until nadal shoveled that bh into the tramlines. in paris and in london, he came out playing the most important matches as if he did not care.
just like something switched on after he won dc, something switched off after that dc injury and loss to del potro. save for ao flash in the pan, everything he produced so far was lacklustre.
hope that this defeat will spur him into action, but something tells me he will need more than that.
Well, Nadal was sent packing right after winning RG, Fed won a GS after 2 yrs of frustration, Murray is still slamless... further down the road Lendl never won Wimbledon, Wilander and JMac never won anything anymore after their best seasons, and a whole bunch of great players never won anything big. Try to be more realistic, winning all the time is obviously incredibly hard.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 07-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #793
country flag Yolita

Quote:
Somebody at the Official Novak forum suggested that Nole may be having personal problems. He is very emotional. Everything has to be right. Maybe he is having some personal issues. I hope he gets himself sorted out.

We didn't expect 2011 to be repeated, but I'm hopeful that the fire will be back at the Olympics, when Nole will be playing for his country.

If he wins, he'll regain the #1. Maybe for only 1 or 2 weeks, but enough for him to remember how close he is to taking it back.

I don't want him to accept being #2. He has to try to end the year as #1.

I think he will.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #794
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Well, Nadal was sent packing right after winning RG, Fed won a GS after 2 yrs of frustration, Murray is still slamless... further down the road Lendl never won Wimbledon, Wilander and JMac never won anything anymore after their best seasons, and a whole bunch of great players never won anything big. Try to be more realistic, winning all the time is obviously incredibly hard.
nadal suffered a fluke loss. rosol was playing like posessed. nadal actually played better than fed or nole in their semis, and still lost. rosol was just unreal and would have beaten anyone on the day.
i am realistic, i am just saying that he changed his attitude on court ever since that injury in the dc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
Somebody at the Official Novak forum suggested that Nole may be having personal problems. He is very emotional. Everything has to be right. Maybe he is having some personal issues. I hope he gets himself sorted out.
could very well be.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #795
Slacker

Quote:
nadal suffered a fluke loss. rosol was playing like posessed. nadal actually played better than fed or nole in their semis, and still lost. rosol was just unreal and would have beaten anyone on the day.
You cannot know that. The last time Nole had "fluke loss" was 4 years ago, and even then it was to Safin, who is way, way above the likes of Rosol.