The Lurkers Melting Pot Chapter 2 - Sponsored by misunderstood chickpeas - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #16
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by Green Rosol. RIP Green Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
Ah @ Notre Dame - did not know that. One of my favorite poems is called Desiderata by Max Ehrmann - it pretty much contains every nugget of wisdom one needs in life. If you have not already read it, here is a link to this poem

http://www.lordtonymackenzie.com/desiderata.html
You know the more I read that I'm sure I have indeed heard/seen at least bits and pieces of that poem. But I can't remember where or when? And if you could live you life by that poem you would be doing well indeed

Mae is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #17
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

Mae, I was here while you were here. I awaited your arrival in my thread so I could bask in the glow of your awesomeness......... Alas, you ignored me and broke my ever loving heart!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #18
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Come in here BD and be a Lurker Actually I started to go to your thread, but the Yankees defeated Boston last night so I didn't know how welcome I would be in your thread There are a lot of really nice posters in this thread I think you would like it!

Old 07-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #19
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Quote:
Ah @ Notre Dame - did not know that. One of my favorite poems is called Desiderata by Max Ehrmann - it pretty much contains every nugget of wisdom one needs in life. If you have not already read it, here is a link to this poem

I remember it now. There was a recording made of a man reciting this poem to music many years ago. I had to research it, but I found out Les Crane recited the poem and the musical background was by Fred Werner. It won a Grammy for Best Spoken Word Recording in 1971. It was Crane's only hit.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #20
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
I remember it now. There was a recording made of a man reciting this poem to music many years ago. I had to research it, but I found out Les Crane recited the poem and the musical background was by Fred Werner. It won a Grammy for Best Spoken Word Recording in 1971. It was Crane's only hit.

Ah..had never heard this one - it's nice And yes, they are high ideals to live by-easier said than done
Old 07-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #21
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

I nominate "The Great Bristish Hope, Jonathan Marray" as the next sponsership

What a great story

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-08-2012, 01:43 AM   #22
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Thanks for your idea, but that deals with Wimbledon also? I was thinking since Wimbledon is about over we would come up with a new thread title not dealing with Wimbledon.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #23
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Roger Federer (SUI)- 6-0,6-0,6-0
Sham says: Autofail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
I thought I would leave the thread title as it was until after Wimbledon. And then we can decide on a new thread title Not that it is all that important, but you have me curious. Why is it being called chapters instead of volumes?
Whatever happens tomorrow, the lurker in me will be sponsored by my tears.

Good question Mae - Volumes are for large things that like to stand out and be heard. Attention seekers for example, and other chat threads. We're lurkers, we're subtle with what we do, and the little chapters of history we witness and quietly create around MTF. Hence chapter is the only word that makes sense to describe each thread.

Mandy might have retired by the time chapter 3 comes around. Fed will still be going strong of course

Quote:

You're turning out to be my nugget of wisdom noddzygote

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Why no more streak game after this, Sham?
I sense the busy times coming on. Thought another lurker would like to give it a go, or try another game. I'm pretty much obsessed with games like the guy quoted below this

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
I nominate "The Great Bristish Hope, Jonathan Marray" as the next sponsership

What a great story
Sponsorship nominations is a great idea. Agree with this one, might throw in Nielsen's Wimby finalist Gramps too.
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!  
Old 07-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #24
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Good question Mae - Volumes are for large things that like to stand out and be heard. Attention seekers for example, and other chat threads. We're lurkers, we're subtle with what we do, and the little chapters of history we witness and quietly create around MTF. Hence chapter is the only word that makes sense to describe each thread.
Oh Sham you are just too good. I never would have thought of that in a million years! Not that I would have a million years to think about it anyway, but I'm sure you catch my drift. Since you catch everything that goes right over top of my head!

Old 07-08-2012, 04:00 AM   #25
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Sham says: Autofail
I agree. Sam, seriously.

Quote:
Whatever happens tomorrow, the lurker in me will be sponsored by my tears.
Me too.

Quote:

Mandy might have retired by the time chapter 3 comes around. Fed will still be going strong of course
Literally laughed out loud when I read this.

Quote:
I sense the busy times coming on. Thought another lurker would like to give it a go, or try another game. I'm pretty much obsessed with games like the guy quoted below this
You mean there are things more important than MTF?

156, give us a game.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #26
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Default Re: The Lurkers Melting Pot - Sponsored by World's #1 GOAT!

With great pain I changed the thread title. I never thought Roger would actually make it back to the #1 Ranking. So I will give credit where credit is due

Old 07-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #27
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty glad Fed is number 1 now. Mixes things up nicely for the US Open, if it stays that way.

Huzzah, the suns out now, great timing mate
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!  
Old 07-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #28
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

I like the title Mae.

Sham - Sorry about Andy. He played fantastic and I would've been happy for him if he'd won. I like the added aggression to his game and I really hope he wins a grand slam.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 07-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Mae. I would rep you but I'm not allowed I've given out too much rep today. Will try to catch you and Sham and Trippy tomorrow.

I thought Andy played great, too. Good luck to him going forward.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #30
country flag tripwires

Kat. So happy.

I really need to sleep. Good night.
Closed Thread