Nole v Fed Friday - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #16
country flag Iván
Banned!

Iván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond reputeIván has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nole v Fed Friday

im not touching fed vs novak with a barge pole

too much history and pride here, they dont like eachother so both will have big determination to win.

Federers back issues are a problem for me, if he cant move to the best of his ability novak will destroy him in straight sets, if not we would have a interesting match especially if fed serves well, could go 5 sets and fed could well feed off the crowd and roll out some magic/ninja.
Iván is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #17
country flag carlibengarli
Banned!

carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iván View Post
im assuming bg is talking about tsonga
I didn't know what I was assuming until this dropped in the livescores thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busterovic View Post
BG you said the Murray-JWT match was priced improperly. What were you saying exactly[sic]
Response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastoff View Post
Murray too short, what else could it mean
Unless I'm being fucktarded, Murray being "too short" means the odds being too low.

Sincere apologies if I'm mistaken, however.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
carlibengarli is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #18
country flag Busterovic
Banned!

Busterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlibengarli View Post
I didn't know what I was assuming until this dropped in the livescores thread:

Response:

Unless I'm being fucktarded, Murray being "too short" means the odds being too low.

Sincere apologies if I'm mistaken, however.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
BG didn't answer the question, someone else did.

I'm assuming BG likes Muzza. I've never really seen him back JWT.

Muzza has been great the last 10 days (aside from the crap he showed vs. Baggy for sets 2 and 3. Any decent player would've been up 2 sets 1), but Muzza owns JWT.

He's up 5-1 lifetime and he has 2 grass court wins over him.

Tsonga also comes into this tournament with a finger injury and some back issues against Fish. The easy work against Kohli will help and the last thing I'll say about this is that Murray is probably one of the few athletes in the world that has homecourt advantage working against him.

He was in a similar, actually identical spot against Roddick in 2009 when Roddick was probably very comparable to how Jo is playing right now. Nadal wasn't in the way since he was injured and he had to beat someone he was favored against to do so but he bombed it badly.

Bookies just have no respect for Murray at all in London
Busterovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #19
Banned!

carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli carlibengarli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busterovic View Post
BG didn't answer the question, someone else did.

I'm assuming BG likes Muzza. I've never really seen him back JWT.

Muzza has been great the last 10 days (aside from the crap he showed vs. Baggy for sets 2 and 3. Any decent player would've been up 2 sets 1), but Muzza owns JWT.

He's up 5-1 lifetime and he has 2 grass court wins over him.

Tsonga also comes into this tournament with a finger injury and some back issues against Fish. The easy work against Kohli will help and the last thing I'll say about this is that Murray is probably one of the few athletes in the world that has homecourt advantage working against him.

He was in a similar, actually identical spot against Roddick in 2009 when Roddick was probably very comparable to how Jo is playing right now. Nadal wasn't in the way since he was injured and he had to beat someone he was favored against to do so but he bombed it badly.

Bookies just have no respect for Murray at all in London
In that case, sorry for being a fucktard.

Thanks for the correction, as well as your interesting post. Disregarding the Bag Gambler-debacle entirely, I more or less agree with your stand-point. Both players are personal favorites of mine, but my breakdown is this:

If Tsonga wins, it's highly unlikely that he will do so in straights. This means the match should drag out quite a bit. Murray in good shape is the best (along with Djokovic and Nadal obviously, but you can't consider übermenschen )) returner/defender in the world, and has much better endurance than Tsonga, in spite of the latter's impressive sheer strength. With this in mind, Tsonga's chances of victory also diminish with (match) time.

In short: He's not likely to win anytime quick, and the longer it takes the less likely he is to win in the end.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #20
country flag Busterovic
Banned!

Busterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond reputeBusterovic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

too much history and pride here, they dont like eachother so both will have big determination to win.

Federers back issues are a problem for me, if he cant move to the best of his ability novak will destroy him in straight sets, if not we would have a interesting match especially if fed serves well, could go 5 sets and fed could well feed off the crowd and roll out some magic/ninja.
World #1 ranking up for grabs, #6 for Nole, #17 (#7 at Wimby) for Roger and you think the determination will be because they don't like each other? You must be a spiteful person.

I doubt theres any additional motivation needed in this one. It could be Robert Federer across the net and Rog would be going for blood.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #21
country flag Busterovic
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlibengarli View Post
In that case, sorry for being a fucktard.

Thanks for the correction, as well as your interesting post. Disregarding the Bag Gambler-debacle entirely, I more or less agree with your stand-point. Both players are personal favorites of mine, but my breakdown is this:

If Tsonga wins, it's highly unlikely that he will do so in straights. This means the match should drag out quite a bit. Murray in good shape is the best (along with Djokovic and Nadal obviously, but you can't consider übermenschen )) returner/defender in the world, and has much better endurance than Tsonga, in spite of the latter's impressive sheer strength. With this in mind, Tsonga's chances of victory also diminish with (match) time.

In short: He's not likely to win anytime quick, and the longer it takes the less likely he is to win in the end.
Interesting outlook. When Muzza is clicking he eats up big servers for breakfast. Now he's struggled in his last couple meetings against Berdych (one of those losses coming on clay), but still, Murray proves to have an excellent track record against players like Tsonga that rely on the big 1-2 punch.

Like I said this couldn't be anymore identical to Roddick in 2009. Both SF matches, both guys ranked #6 at the time, both guys big servers. Muzza was 1.4 to win that match and choked it away.

I missed the Ferrer match and obviously Cilic was jaded (and it also wasn't on Centre Court which strangely enough is a disadvantage for Murray) but against Bags he had his struggles. Unfortunately the Cypriot looks like a ball of fat rolling around the tennis court and couldn't expose it.

Theres no question that if Tsonga is at the level he was at the French he'll win. He has the game to give Murray fits in fact I think he's a forgotten man when it comes to real contenders. He's not going to be favored against Nole or Fed if he reaches the final, but he's shown the ability to beat both of those guys on the grandest stage.

With that being said the injury concerns are what its all about. If Tsonga's finger is fine and his back is loose he'll give Murray fits, who definitely could fold like a cheap suit if things get to the nitty gritty. Tsonga is one of the more clutch players on tour.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:29 AM   #22
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

I assumed bg meant the relatively short odds on Murray were "the joke", apologies if I assumed incorrectly...Murray is 1.40-1.44 with most bookies ( except for the ones who offer under 1.40 ). Betfair has him at 1.47 ( so 1.437 after commission ). 1.50 must have been an eariler price then.
To me it makes no sense that someone would call "biggest joke" the fact that a fav is priced incorrectly too high. If anything else that would be considered an opportunity...apologies if I got it wrong.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:47 AM   #23
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I doubt Novak has any problems with either Federer or Nadal but if a person systematically attacks you and tries to belittle you at any given opportunity - especailly when you're beating them left right and centre - then obviously you can't do much about it, can you. Federer and Nadal are bad losers and the fact that there's someone out there who's giving it to them consistently has made them lose their cool too. Then again, there's something in Djokovic that people don't like, maybe it's the way he moves or his long face

Anyway, Novak should destroy Federer if he's focused mentally...if he's not that focused and the match drags I still favor Djokovic due to his superior mental strength and his will to take risks when the stakes are high. I just can't see how Federer will win this one. Now considering all the expectations and the -apparent - beneficial influence (?!) that Lendl has had on Murray I will tentatively and routinely get on both favs to make it through, looking at other opportunities in play. For me there's a bit of a question-mark hanging over Murray despite the h2h, however there's no denying this is a big opportunity for him.

Djokovic & Murray small @ 1.95
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #24
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
im assuming bg is talking about tsonga
someone has a brain
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrian View Post
dont you people love my +375 dogs???
2010 MTF MISS Nole fan
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #25
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

I cant remember the last time Roger lost in straights sets in a SF,aswell as at Wimbledon on grass on his favourite surface where he's won the most titles!Also this is the very 1st matchup at Wimbledon for the 2 which is incredible to think of!Expect Roger to come out blazing(hopefully controlled aggression) while Joker starts getting use to the circumstances!

Fed/Joker Yes Tie brk 1.45/Mugrray/Wilfred Yes Tie brk 1.45 @ 2.10 - At worse Andy in straight set with a tie brk,same with Joker!

Fed 1st set winner 2.50 - Small backbet on Joker 7-6(5.50) -Fed's matches is like HOT/COLD/HOT/COLD/HOT!

GL
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #26
country flag jeremda01

jeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond reputejeremda01 has a reputation beyond repute

Putting all my djoko/mayer + murray/ferrer + serena/azerenka winnings
Djoko x murray @1.96

No trust in fed or jwt lol

Good luck all!!

TOMIC SUPPORTER
est. since 2011 Wimbledon Round 4 vs Malisse

unconditional support for all Australian tennis players
jeremda01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #27
country flag Time2burn

Time2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond reputeTime2burn has a reputation beyond repute

jo will take out murray his serve has been clutch and everyone 4gets that kohli has had a great tourny ferrer choked that 2nd set jo wont hes got gorrilla balls gl with ur bets my last 2hundred on jo@2.90 might half it on first set
Time2burn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #28
country flag Dan_Abnormal

Dan_Abnormal has a reputation beyond reputeDan_Abnormal has a reputation beyond reputeDan_Abnormal has a reputation beyond reputeDan_Abnormal has a reputation beyond reputeDan_Abnormal has a reputation beyond reputeDan_Abnormal has a reputation beyond reputeDan_Abnormal has a reputation beyond reputeDan_Abnormal has a reputation beyond reputeDan_Abnormal has a reputation beyond reputeDan_Abnormal has a reputation beyond reputeDan_Abnormal has a reputation beyond repute

Fed Over 3.5 Sets x Murray @ 2.02 - High Stakes

Good luck
Dan_Abnormal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #29
country flag cardio

cardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond repute

Murka is clearly too short IMO( 1.43 in pinnacle now), maybe even more than Djoko. We have to consider huge media pressure, which almost always causes problems for Murray. Fact that he already failed 3 times in SF stage, cant help him either.

Tsonga being not enough fit to win long match, 5-setter ?! Fact tell us another story.

Tsonga played total 12 5-setters on slams:
8 wins, 4 losses.

This includes destroying Djokovic in 5th set of AO QF 2010 6-1 and spanking Federer in last year Wimby from two sets to love down.Fact that he couldnt last 5- set grinding marathon on clay vs Djoko, is irrelevant here, grass is not clay.

And BTW, I dont think that BG or anyone else here who has sane mind, make his bets based on who he likes or hates. I for example cant stand Nadull, but if I think he has good chance for upset or if he is overpriced fav( like in Monte Carlo this year), I have no problems to back him.
cardio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #30
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardio View Post
Murka is clearly too short IMO( 1.43 in pinnacle now), maybe even more than Djoko. We have to consider huge media pressure, which almost always causes problems for Murray. Fact that he already failed 3 times in SF stage, cant help him either.

Tsonga being not enough fit to win long match, 5-setter ?! Fact tell us another story.
Djokovic vs Tsonga, French Open Roland Garros 2012 – Tsonga had the match but not the physical fitness. He's a strong "beef niggah", but he's by no means as physically fit as the top four. After the match (from which it was already obvious) he personally said he needs to get in shape, more physically fit, and improve his condition.