S.Q.T. (stupid question thread) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #46
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S.Q.T. (stupid question thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri View Post
Neither, the answer is Halle. I think it closes in 18 seconds.
Halle!!!!

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #47
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

Do rackets have to comply to a certain standard?

Can you make the handle longer for greater reach (while compromising control) or make it shorter for less shanking (compromising reach) or can you make the head bigger for a larger hitting spot (compromising weight)?
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #48
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SQ # 8: Do rackets have to comply to a certain standard?

Can you make the handle longer for greater reach (while compromising control) or make it shorter for less shanking (compromising reach) or can you make the head bigger for a larger hitting spot (compromising weight)?
I believe there is a standard that no one can surpass - like an upper limit and lower limit for each factor. But players find the most comfortable range for themselves within it. For instance, Nadal's racket is considered to have a much bigger frame than Novak's or Federer's. But this is not visible to the naked eye.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #49

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

SQ # 9: Has there ever been an Olympics singles Champion who defended his title?
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #50
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
SQ # 9: Has there ever been an Olympics singles Champion who defended his title?
Doesn't look like that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ists_in_tennis

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #51
country flag DWade

DWade has a reputation beyond reputeDWade has a reputation beyond reputeDWade has a reputation beyond reputeDWade has a reputation beyond reputeDWade has a reputation beyond reputeDWade has a reputation beyond reputeDWade has a reputation beyond reputeDWade has a reputation beyond reputeDWade has a reputation beyond reputeDWade has a reputation beyond reputeDWade has a reputation beyond repute

I.Bozolijac is wasted talent?

2 years ago at Wimbledon he plays quite nice vs. Federer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ohKS_VL6mE

Quote:
Bozoljac is the only person to have more than 30 aces in a match against Federer, crazy
Can someone confirm this?
DWade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #52
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWade View Post
I.Bozolijac is wasted talent?

2 years ago at Wimbledon he plays quite nice vs. Federer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ohKS_VL6mE

Can someone confirm this?
check this thread

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=88915

Bozoljac is the only one I can see against Fed but I may have missed one

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Bodes well for tennis.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #54

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

1. When a player challenges a call, using hawkeye, does he still have a certain amount of time to change his mind or wave off the challenge? Can he wave it off immediately or can he wait until the video starts playing on screen then wave it off?

2. When a ball is hit way out of bounds (i) into the stands, are the spectators obligated to throw it back or can they keep the ball? or if (ii) from an outer court if a player hits it over to another court, does a ballboy have to look for it or do they keep playing with one less ball?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #55
country flag Londinium

Londinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond reputeLondinium has a reputation beyond repute

SQ#10: Before the 4 Grand Slams were designated as Tennis' major tournaments, were there any other tournaments that threatened their position and were considered to possibly become one of the '4'?
Londinium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #56
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewietennis View Post
1. When a player challenges a call, using hawkeye, does he still have a certain amount of time to change his mind or wave off the challenge? Can he wave it off immediately or can he wait until the video starts playing on screen then wave it off?
I have seen a player challenge then immediately take it back and that was allowed. Don't know if there is a specific time deadline for cancelling a challenge though. Probably up to the umpire to decide.

Quote:
2. When a ball is hit way out of bounds (i) into the stands, are the spectators obligated to throw it back or can they keep the ball? or if (ii) from an outer court if a player hits it over to another court, does a ballboy have to look for it or do they keep playing with one less ball?
Before, the spectators were indeed obligated to throw back the ball to the ballkids. But I heard the rules have been changed on that and they are now allowed to keep it. And yes, the play continues with one less ball.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #57
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute

About Bozo : Roddick hit almost 50 aces in the final of Wimbledon against Federer if I remember well in 2009.

About the 15/30/40, there are some different theories. Would be hard for me to explain it in english, but it could be related to the monetary system used at the time of the "jeu de paume".
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #58
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2 stupid questions:

1. Is/was there a player who played double-handed FH or, in other words, played BH from FH side?
2. Is/was there a player who played a FH from both sides (holding in with 2 hands and picking which one to hit FH with)?
uxyzapenje is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #59

Player A hits his first serve. If Player B hits a screaming fast crosscourt return, so much so that Player A cannot even react and is stuck in the middle of the court, can Player A then challenge his own first serve?
Player A didn't (or couldn't) make a motion towards the return, so can it be argued that he stopped play after his serve – and get a replay or a second serve?
Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #60
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
1. Is/was there a player who played double-handed FH or, in other words, played BH from FH side?
Raemon Sluiter, and of course Marion Bartoli in women's side.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote