Nadal's sportsmanship in the Rosol match - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think of Nadal's behavior?

It is normal, a little bullying, complaining, and other tactics are acceptable 32 11.35%
Bumping a 100 ranked qualifier and complaining about his breathing/movements is a little much 171 60.64%
His violations of the time and coaching rules are the real issue. 166 58.87%
I didn't watch the match 32 11.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #256
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal's sportsmanship in the Rosol match

^^^^^

lol. Rosol is not used to be in the focus of media, we might hear some additional sincere & funny details
ssin is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #257
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
gulzhan wished cancer on another poster.
really? why is she not permabanned?! that is basically a death wish, no?

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #258
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
After that he told the press:

"But, yeah, he was watching couple matches on video, exactly what he did. He tell me what he's doing, how long should I sit in the bench. Yeah."

I was laughing my ass of when I read that, imagine Rosol timing his changeovers and Nadal getting upset because he wasn't able to do the running to the baseline when he really wanted or something. Then Eventually tries to bump in to him to make up for it.
Rosol has just gone up in my estimation after this. What a guy!
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #259
country flag andylovesaustin

andylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond reputeandylovesaustin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostaw1969 View Post
BP=Butt....Picker.

Never said that he's the only one who gets coached, but he is certainly one of the most persistent and blatant ones-and if there is a tired argument, btw, the "don't punish MY guy if other guys are doing X" is gotta be at the head of the class. As long ago as 2006 he said the coaching rule was "stupid," asking was he supposed to pay for his coach to come to and attend matches and "do nothing?" He also said that you could be sure that the rule would change. Well, it HASN'T changed, and he is still cheating. Just read his description in his autobiography of how he looked to his box for advice of how to conclude Championship game in the final. Of COURSE the Powers that Be could, in theory, at least fine him again for the admissions, but you're absolutely right about them not wanting to address the issue: McEnroe, in HIS autobiography, admitted that part of the reason he frequently "pushed the envelope" in terms of misbehavior so often when he played was that he knew that they were reluctant to default him-and ish famous default at the AO came right after they changed the rules, permitting a default one step earlier than previously and he forgot about the change. Personally, I think BP is a PED user-not exactly unheard of in Spain, where a dirty cyclist claimed he ate "tainted meat" and the Spanish honchos believed him-but if the officials are so gutless that they covered up Agassi's meth results-when he wasn't even in the top two and wasn't using a drug which actually HELPS him play tennis-what in the world makes anybody think they're gonna reveal dirty tests from BP or Henin-remember her abrupt "retirement" right before her favorite tournament, the French Open? If they REALLY wanted to stamp out coaching, they could do it in two seconds: when linesmen are given a break from line calling, let one of them sit in the shade, with a cool drink, and watch the player's coaches. If you see Uncle Phony gesturing earnestly and mouthing several words other than "Vamos!" what do you THINK he's doing, discussing their dinner plans? Like I said, BP got warned in the THIRD GAME of the US Open final, and was up 2-1(on serve)the prick couldn't even wait until he got into trouble! Announcers openly discuss his illegal coaching as well as his numerous time violations, but, like I said, tennis officials, by and large, are gutless.
BP= butt picker

Yeah... ya know... I'm this anti-professional sports mode, generally speaking--, so I've got a biased opinion.. And frankly, college sports aren't that much better.

There 's just a lot of money to be made off the top "entertainers"/athletes in any sport. So I really do think TPTB turn a blind eye to a lot of things.. whether we're talking about taking too much time.. drugs... what have you.

The recent Pacquiao fight, for example, where Pacquiao was losing on all cards...when it was quite obvious to Bradley and everyone else--even the boxing commission who rescored the fight Pacman won--just shows how corrupt sports can be. Of course, they're setting up a situation to make more money off a rematch. I think Pacman should just retire at the top of his game... and not give them a rematch. Why should he when he won the fight the first time around? If boxing isn't gonna take care of their champions any better than that...then what hope is there for the rest of them? It's just all about the money on a lot of levels.

Then you've got college football where that pedophile-coach was about to operate FOR YEARS at Penn State everyone too afraid of rocking the boat to do anything about it.

Lance Armstrong. enough said. Andre... very disappointing for me as a one of his long-time fans.

Professional football where finally people are questionning safety issues concerning concussions.

I just think more money; more problems and more of chance rules aren't going to be enforced fairly.

So...with Nadal.. I just think..he's had his way for so long now... that he really doesn't believe he's doing anything wrong, if that makes any sense? Nobody has set boundaries... As I said, the sport could do something but doesn't.

Rosol...I think he's sort of funny... but ya know...he had nothing to lose by rocking the boat. He didn't give himself much of a chance of winning anyway!

Last edited by andylovesaustin : 07-02-2012 at 01:32 PM.
andylovesaustin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #260
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
Got 3 months a while back, but personally I don't think you can sink any lower than what she did there.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #261
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
After that he told the press:

"But, yeah, he was watching couple matches on video, exactly what he did. He tell me what he's doing, how long should I sit in the bench. Yeah."

I was laughing my ass of when I read that, imagine Rosol timing his changeovers and Nadal getting upset because he wasn't able to do the running to the baseline when he really wanted or something. Then Eventually tries to bump in to him to make up for it.
So Rosol was trolling Nadal in a planned way but people are bitching in this endless thread about Rafa touching slightly his towel in a changeover

Fedtardism at their best.

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #262
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
Cancer is cured now
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #263
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulzhan View Post
Cancer is cured now
Really?
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #264
country flag Tyson0712
Banned!

Tyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond reputeTyson0712 has a reputation beyond repute

For me, Nadal is still very immature and this can shine through in these types of matches. I think he is very stern, and takes himself far too seriously therefore he cannot handle a loss as well as the other top players who are more fun, for instance Djokovic and Federer. I cant see him as a very forgiving person, doesn't come across as being very supportive (comments directed at Federer at the start of the year). His sportsmanship has always been questionable and a loss like this was always going to be show Nadal's negative qualities. He can't handle a bad loss as well as the other top players because of his more selfish personality.
Tyson0712 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #265
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

That bump was not much to write home about. However, given Nadal's never-ending antics, stalling and history of making his opponent wait it's quite hilarious that he would ever have the nerve to complain about anything any opponent ever does to him.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #266
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

from Rafa's FB:
Quote:
I want to apologize to all, I suffer a tendinitis and I can't to play against Novak for Alma Nadal. I share with you my apologies, in particular to the fans that had already purchased a ticket to such a good cause.
now we know why he's lost to Rosol
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #267
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_on_clay View Post
from Rafa's FB:

Classy as usual from the "humble" diva. First he said in his pressure he did not want to say anything about the loss because it would look like an excuse BUT the ref said some things that should not be said, and now the inevitable injury excuse.

Good thing for Rafa: he is still undefeated when healthy. What a Spartan.

BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #268
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Classy as usual from the "humble" diva. First he said in his pressure he did not want to say anything about the loss because it would look like an excuse BUT the ref said some things that should not be said, and now the inevitable injury excuse.

Good thing for Rafa: he is still undefeated when healthy. What a Spartan.

sure he is
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #269
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
Why do you concentrate on Fedtards?

Supporting (or hating) a football team or a tennis player is sometimes very unreasonable, but there are countless REASONS why Nadal is the moet disliked tennis player.

Just a few reasons:

1. approach to the game: Nadal's primary objective is not winning a point by his own endeavour - his goal in vast majority of points is to obstruct, to corrode, to defend. This is a super legit approach to the sport, but usually doesn't bring you fans. It brings respect at most, but rarely love.
2. time wasting
3. we've been hearing since his first French Open win (I will provide direct quotes from press and uncle Toni if needed) that Rafa is on the brink of retirement struggling with injuries. Guess what, he has seven RGs now, and that number is very likely to increase. What you will call "caution" and "care" I will call obvious tactics.
4. oncourt coaching
5. buttpicking
6. being a product of a freak experiment (largely psychological) designed to build an inhumane bull machine programmed to win. It's like with a dog who loves you unconditionally and will do tricks for you but is too dumb to notice what's going on. Of course Nadal's prizes are luckily bigger.
7. In your face fistpumping, the fistpumping motion is not as elaborate as before, but the death stare stayed
8. ugly forehand (obviously immensely effective), ugly slice (thankfully immensely ineffective), ugly game
9. greed. thinking only about top players. ridicilously expensive watch for someone so humble and so in love with the ordinary, common people (Federer is obviously an elitist prick according to many Rafa fans)
10. "humbleness"
11. constant bullshittery during press conferencess
12. taking the sport to the level of insane physicality from which there's no way back. not everybody likes that.
13. long history of gamesmanship at Wimbledon.

I'll stop here, but the list is far from complete. Some of these digs no lawyer would find easy to defend, some of them are (slightly) exaggerated and subjective but I can easily imagine they can bother someone.

Of course irritating Fedtards and H2H with Federer is one of the reasons Nadal is as disliked as he is, but the list of reasons is much longer than that.

I will take nothing away from his wins, what he does is insanely hard to do, I can even find positves in Nadal that are not related to Xisca, but don't be surprised so many people dislike him as a player and as a person.
14. moans about tour schedule but at the same time plays exhos at ludicrous times
15. "never loses when healthy"
16. such a decent person and role model for young people blah blah blah endorses online poker site
gaitare is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread