The "Wishing Death" rule - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #91
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Wishing Death" rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belludal View Post
Of course you try to avoid talking about death, the serbians killed a lot of bosnians and its really natural death is a strong word for them. But in another pacifical countries like Brazil where death comes merely as a consequence of social problems, we arent so traumatized by it, specially when it comes to soft talking and language expressions such as: " i killed myself of working today and
" i wish i could kill this tennis player because he annoys me a lot, being this not so different from saying yopu disling specially because the whole world is not crazy and psycho like the serbians in the decade of 90 saying you dislike someone so using your argument that you are tired of wars, I really wish you hadnt killed all those bosnians being a less sensitive person now that your people ar and actually using ACTIONS, and not merely WORDS to express your love to the world.
Lol, what garbage are you spewing there. Get a freaking clue. On topic, I think the rule is fine as it is. If someone thinks he was wrongly banned, he can always appeal.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #92
country flag Andreas
Новак Ђоковић

Andreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belludal View Post
Of course you try to avoid talking about death, the serbians killed a lot of bosnians and its really natural death is a strong word for them. But in another pacifical countries like Brazil where death comes merely as a consequence of social problems, we arent so traumatized by it, specially when it comes to soft talking and language expressions such as: " i killed myself of working today and
" i wish i could kill this tennis player because he annoys me a lot, being this not so different from saying yopu disling specially because the whole world is not crazy and psycho like the serbians in the decade of 90 saying you dislike someone so using your argument that you are tired of wars, I really wish you hadnt killed all those bosnians being a less sensitive person now that your people ar and actually using ACTIONS, and not merely WORDS to express your love to the world.

You could stop avoiding provocations to Nadal and people to lose for Djokovic as a nice beginning to be a nicer person.
This post is wrong on so many levels.

Wishing death is not funny. It doesn't matter if you're Serbian, Brazilian or from Somalia. I know it might be hard for you to accept that your friend broke the rules, but posts like these are really unnecessary and add nothing valuable to the discussion.

. . . . . . .
Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #93
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
This post is wrong on so many levels.

Wishing death is not funny. It doesn't matter if you're Serbian, Brazilian or from Somalia. I know it might be hard for you to accept that your friend broke the rules, but posts like these are really unnecessary and add nothing valuable to the discussion.
I thought maybe his post was like that because of the language barrier, because he cannot be serious.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #94
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=140

Do your job mods.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #95
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

No ban for the post? it's a 3 month ban for wishing death
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #96
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

They're being reviewed at the moment.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #97
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Lol, what garbage are you spewing there. Get a freaking clue. On topic, I think the rule is fine as it is. If someone thinks he was wrongly banned, he can always appeal.
How do you appeal when you can not enter the forum? My post was misunderstood and I was banned without a chance to explain that the moderator did not put it in context. If you can not enter the forum it is difficult to appeal.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:52 AM   #98
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
How do you appeal when you can not enter the forum? My post was misunderstood and I was banned without a chance to explain that the moderator did not put it in context. If you can not enter the forum it is difficult to appeal.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=193560

Don't think you need to login to access this thread
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #99
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for everyones' feedback in this thread.

I think on balance the feedback has been to leave it as it is - or in any case, there's no clear-cut opinion in favour of a particular way of lessening the severity of the punishment, so for now it will stay as it is - all situations will result in a ban, no warning given, even for people who claim it was meant as a joke.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread