Animated GIFs in GM - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should the use of large animated gifs in GM be banned?

Yes, they're really annoying 32 56.14%
No, they're fine, stop nannying us 17 29.82%
Don't care either way 4 7.02%
Tennis wins 4 7.02%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #31
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Animated GIFs in GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Yeah, cool story, but I was only kidding.

I'm not.

Every joke has some element of seriousness in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
So until we feed the people in Africa, the rest of the world cannot advance? You should tell all the scientists in the world they can't try to change anything until they feed people in Africa.

PS. That is how ridiculous your argument is.
I believe that we can advance, sure, but only to a point. And at what cost? We as humans cannot advance to our highest potential until everyone on the planet has adequate food, water, shelter, education, and a means to advance their lives at the bare minimum. We as humans cannot advance to our highest potential when so few own so much and so many have nothing. What kind of advancement is that? What good is a new cure for a disease when those that need it the most cannot come close to affording it?
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose

Last edited by Johnny Groove : 07-01-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #32
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

The gifs should be somewhat related to the result or tennis. Just random tv show gifs are ridiculous.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #33
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Ya know, you don't have to click on the links. Ignore list is another option.

Just another restriction on freedom of speech, just another instance of the Bourgeoisie restricting the actions of the Proletariat, what else is new.

Just get over it, Jesus. There are people starving in Africa, people working for 33 cents an hour in Chinese sweatshops and we are complaining about gifs?

How about some fucking perspective?
This is literally the worst post I have ever seen on MTF. That's ****ing impressive.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #34
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Out of GM is a wise suggestion.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #35
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Every joke has some element of seriousness in it.

You caught me there. I was serious about Premium members on MTF being the bourgeois class, and me, as a regular member, being a part of the oppressed working class.
Workingmen of the whole MTF, unite!

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #36
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Just ban Hian and peace will resume.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #37
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
As much as I´d like to hate those gifs, some of them are actually pretty funny...
Not when they are overdone. Hian has Poke-a-haunted GM one too many times.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #38
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
just get rid of the "bye bitch" and "look at all the fucks i give" gifs
That.

That latter one is cheeky. If someone said the real life version of that in a city street they'd get chinned.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #39
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but it's not like Hian is the only one with the gif spam on GM.
arm is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #40
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I must say I applaud the use of the poll by the administration of these forums.

May I suggest respectfully that other polls such as this one be made about other similar topics, and that those future polls also include the stop nannying us option?

I am Bigjohn and I approve this post.
It is mod worthy.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #41
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a fad. Stop kicking up a storm and they will slowly fade away

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #42
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like them at all because and maybe I have just been unlucky, but the only ones I have seen have the words B*tch and F*ck in them! I have even added one poster to my ignore list because of them. I won't mention the poster's name, but I think everyone knows who it is!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #43
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

They're fine.
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #44
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
It is very irritating to see the same posters posting the same gifs over and over again, while also posting nothing else, let alone something of worth.

The gifs are always bad natured too.
seconded
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #45
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

so many haters.

Gifs are pretty funny, honestly, but everyone is entitled to have his own opinion and his way to express it. Just put people who use GIFs in ignore list.

I don't like people who say mug, but I don't open a thread to state this. And I am shocked some staff member do it.
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread