Too many gifs? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Too many gifs?

Yes, and those who post them all the time should be banned 11 23.40%
Yes, there are way too many gifs these days 9 19.15%
I don't mind them, some are funny 13 27.66%
No, but keep them in the .gif thread 1 2.13%
No, there can never be enough gifs 13 27.66%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Too many gifs?

There has been a recent increase in the use of gifs. Is it a good thing that increases your MTF experience or is an annoyance? Are there too many gifs?

Now before anyone accuses me, yes I did start a thread about such things, but you don't see me using them in everything I post.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too many gifs?

It's the fucking rejects from TF that are responsible. I wish mods enforced order and banned these clowns for spamming. The biggest offenders that come to mind is Hian and his pet Dmitry_Mugdasco. Both annoying WTArds and gif spammers.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

These WTAtrolls need to be zapped back to wence they came. As soon as equal pay debate comes back up again they all sign up and stink up the forum like a bad smell.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

What's the problem of gifs?
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:49 AM   #5
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
It's the fucking rejects from TF that are responsible. I wish mods enforced order and banned these clowns for spamming. The biggest offenders that come to mind is Hian and his pet Dmitry_Mugdasco. Both annoying WTArds and gif spammers.
And this post

PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:32 AM   #6
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

yes there are too many, but people here whine about everything, say that the mods are too heavy-handed and oversensitive. They don't want to be infracted/banned for swearing, taking petty shots at people etcetera, but now you want to curtail freedom of expression. Everyone has a different threshold and I don't want you deciding the 'taste level' around here.

Besides, Hian contributes nothing of value so you can just put him/her on your ignore list and not see the gifs (and not worry that you are missing any good posts).
Old 06-30-2012, 02:55 AM   #7
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I believe we could do without them. There is a thread for them, I believe they could be allowed in that thread but nowhere else.

MTF looks bad enough with the regular posts from Nadaltards and Noletards, these gifs make the whole forum look stupider than it is. So I say at least no gifs allowed in GM. Most potential new user would be looking at those pages to start with, so I guess they would expect tennis discussions and some level of trolling (these are internet forums after all). But Disney gifs, bitch please gifs used ad nauseam would probably turn off them.

So I was asked by a mod what I would do about it. I propose 2 options:

A- No gifs but in the .gif thread.

B- No gifs in GM.

Of course, I support option A. It is the senseful decision. This will no doubt boost my yet to be successful future mod ambitions.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:56 AM   #8
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
yes there are too many, but people here whine about everything, say that the mods are too heavy-handed and oversensitive. They don't want to be infracted/banned for swearing, taking petty shots at people etcetera, but now you want to curtail freedom of expression. Everyone has a different threshold and I don't want you deciding the 'taste level' around here.

Besides, Hian contributes nothing of value so you can just put him/her on your ignore list and not see the gifs (and not worry that you are missing any good posts).
I thought it was just him, but it turns out there are sadly more.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #9
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

gifs are the least of the troubles here. The mindnumbingly stupid and offensive posts from various tards is way more of an issue. If someone overuses gifs, put them on ignore like I did with Hian. I have scores of people on ignore, and not so coincidentally I don't encounter that many gifs.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:34 AM   #10
country flag sportstennis

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
There has been a recent increase in the use of gifs. Is it a good thing that increases your MTF experience or is an annoyance? Are there too many gifs?

Now before anyone accuses me, yes I did start a thread about such things, but you don't see me using them in everything I post.

Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan
sportstennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:39 AM   #11
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean no more smilies?
MTwEeZi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:48 AM   #12
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, wasn't there a thread on this that was deleted
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:51 AM   #13
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

More like not enough gifs amirite?

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:46 AM   #14
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
More like not enough gifs amirite?

Old 06-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #15
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

I like gifs, just Hian who posts the same one over and over again needs to GTFO.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote