Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: SF vs Federer - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #196
country flag nezu

nezu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: R2 vs Harrison

i was wondering the same... love him
nezu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #197
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Expected win for King Nole.Who's the Oklahoma Kid in Nole's box?
David Spearing? Anyway, excellent serving from Nole, Harrison played out of his skin and still couldn't get a set even. Some bad volleys, but at least he's coming to the net, so hopefully is going to work on that
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #198
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but he doesn't look confident approaching the net and that can prove disastrous.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #199
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Also I'd like to ask you... how do you rate Novak's slice?

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #200
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Yeah but he doesn't look confident approaching the net and that can prove disastrous.
Well, he's not going to fix that by staying on the baseline, he just can't afford to be passive here, we don't need another 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Also I'd like to ask you... how do you rate Novak's slice?
I missed most of the today's match, had to go out (), so not sure, in the 3rd it looked servicable enough.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 06-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #201
country flag Sleepwalker64

Sleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond reputeSleepwalker64 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the fact that he is going forward..it's Wimbledon after all. It still makes me cringe from time to time but..I think he should do that more.
I wonder how many 2nd serve aces did he have? Our commie said that he won something like 16 out of 19 second serves. I noticed the similar thing in Janko's match vs Nalbandian.

Speak softly and carry a big stick !

사샤
Sleepwalker64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #202
Slacker

Good text from Tignor (as usual )
Old 06-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #203
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
David Spearing? Anyway, excellent serving from Nole, Harrison played out of his skin and still couldn't get a set even. Some bad volleys, but at least he's coming to the net, so hopefully is going to work on that
10 points for Mr.Taejin.Yes indeed,that's David Spearing,an Honorary Steward at Wimby,he gets to sit on Centre Court with the players' friends and family.Interesting geezer.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #204
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Too many bad volleys if you ask me and the smashing...
FFS Nole will you ever improve that?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #205
Slacker

Quote:
Well, look on the bright side: if he does improve there, he'll be a monster
Old 06-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #206
Banned!

Quote:
He needs to be if he wants to own that beast from Mallorca again.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #207
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Actually today for pretty much of the match he was serving like a monster and it made me wonder... Nole with federer's serve... he'd be unstoppable.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 06-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #208
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He has to have one flaw I guess.

Otherwise it was a solid match from Novak.

And my poor Ryan, he gets the worst draws.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:36 AM   #209
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Nole!

Really good show.

Pity about Ryan...I like his game and his spirit. Better luck with the draws next time.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #210
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass is made for eating! Wimbledon cheering thread: R1 vs JC Ferrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker64 View Post
Just saw two of our reporters eating strawberries for £2,5? Did u mean strawberries and champagne or..
actually? a sandwich is £5 - I didn't bother to check the strawberries and cream price, though the dishes looked pretty small... never mind
Nole / Tsonga / The Fog / Haas / Brown / Gojowczyk / Colonel / Mahut / Sijsling / Dolgo / Funky Flo / Cuevas / Fed / Stan / Baker / Alund / Kei / Tursunov / Copil / Brands / Benneteau / Steps / Stakh / PHM
Rafter / Edberg / Henman / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote