~~~The Pablo Andujar thread~~~ - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 AM   #211
yukon145

yukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~~~The Pablo Andujar thread~~~

Into the 4th round!
yukon145 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #212
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

He has to be happy with this week, but I'm a little worried about his chances against Djokovic. Please win a few games.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #213
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Pablo gave a great account of himself vs Djokovic in Indian Wells, winning the second set in a tiebreak but losing 0-6 7-6(5) 2-6. He fought hard and gave his all, but Djokovic won 8/8 BPs against him and Pablo didn't have enough weapons to keep the pressure off of him. Regardless, this result shows that Pablo's game on hardcourt has improved and that on slower HC such as in Indian Wells, he can be a threat to a lot of players. He moved to a career high #38 in the rankings with this result in Indian Wells as well.

In Miami, Pablo lost 3-6 2-6 to Giraldo in R1. His record stands at 6-8 on the season as the tour heads to European clay. This is Pablo's favorite time of the year so his form this season is beginning to improve at just the right time and he has positioned himself well to have good results throughout the clay season. His next scheduled event is in a week from next in Casablanca, where he defends the title, so the pressure will be on Pablo to defend a lot of points. He should be extra motivated and with the little bit of time off to prepare for the clay, he will be ready to defend his title in North Africa!
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #214
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Pablo is on track to defend his only title in Casablanca, he plays Ramos in the final today. I'm guessing he might feel a little tired after 3 matches in 2 days, but the occasion should inspire him. Best of luck Pablo

Old 04-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #215
country flag Javi

Javi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond repute

Pablo's beaten today Ramos 6-1, 7-6 to get his second straight title in Casablanca!
Congratulations! He will come back to top 40.
Javi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #216
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Pablo

Im so proud of you
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #217
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #218
country flag Lucilla
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond reputeLucilla has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Pablo
Lucilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:39 AM   #219
country flag VolandriFan

Kind of romantic that it rained at the exact moment of defending his title.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #220
country flag VolandriFan

Nice Q&A from the ATP website.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...o-Andujar.aspx

How does it feel to be back at the tournament where you won your first ATP World Tour title? Do you feel any extra pressure this week being the defending champion?
Of course. When you play the tournament where you won last year, you think about the points you have to defend. I try to avoid thinking about that as much as I can. I am happy to come back here because I feel very comfortable at this tournament. I have some friends here so I feel at home. That gives me security.

For those who havenít been to Morocco, why are you intrigued to play the tournament in Casablanca? What distinguishes it from other stops on the ATP World Tour?
To play the only ATP tournament in Africa is exciting. And the courts they have here are similar to the courts in Spain. We have things that Morocco gave us and they have things weíve shared with them. Itís a comfortable environment here.

Thus far in your career, clay has been your most successful surface. What do you enjoy most about playing on the red dirt?
I think itís a matter of education. Being Spanish, weíve always played on clay courts. We feel more comfortable on it because itís the way we started. We apply our games on the court, which makes us better on clay than on hard courts. I played futures and challengers on mostly clay, but now I try and mix it up more. Iíve tried to progress more on hard courts.

Youíre quite the linguist. Have you picked up any Arabic phrases during your time in Casablanca?
Not yet! I will try and come to Casablanca as much as I can to improve my Arabic.

If you could have the same level of talent as you do in tennis with the skill of your choice, what would you pick and why?
I would probably be a football player. A lot of tennis players have also played this when they were young. In my case, I played until I was 13 or 14 years old. I always try to watch the matches when I am home. The way the players move so many people just by scoring a goal is something that is so impressive. I would love to have that feeling.

Being a big Valencia CF fan, what do you think the club needs to do to get back to the top of La Liga and be a major threat in the other competitions like the Champions League?
I have to say Iím not only a Valencia fan, but also Levante. They are a smaller club in Valencia, but they are doing great. They are fifth. Itís very difficult. When they have to play Madrid and Barcelona, itís almost impossible. Valencia tries to be third, which is still very good.

The bad thing is we didnít go far in the Champions League. Thatís very important to us as it gives money and honour. In the situation now, they are struggling with money and itís difficult to go far with so many tough teams in the Champions League. I support them as much as I can and I hope they keep doing well.

Do you have any social media accounts? If not, do you have any future plans to join Facebook and/or Twitter?
I donít have any right now because I donít like them. I think sometimes, you give too much information and you can say things that can be misunderstood.

But I might start, because itís important for the fans and to be in touch with other people. Iím planning to have a Twitter account.

What is something about yourself that tennis fans would be surprised to find out?
I have no idea how to cook. And I like to sing in the shower.

Did you sing after your matches today?

Not today. I usually do it when I am really happy. They are mostly Spanish songs, but Iím starting to sing R&B.

I also always carry a book when I am at a tournament.

What are you reading right now?

Itís a book by a French author my girlfriend gave me. I donít remember the name but itís in Spanish.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:32 AM   #221
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolandriFan View Post
Kind of romantic that it rained at the exact moment of defending his title.
Im glad he finished the match right before the rain started gosh can you imagine what would happen
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:13 AM   #222
yukon145

yukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond reputeyukon145 has a reputation beyond repute

5 set win yesterday and into the second round! Hope he can do well against Stan.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #223
country flag VolandriFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon145 View Post
5 set win yesterday and into the second round! Hope he can do well against Stan.
Indeed. Nothing to lose, playing a seeded player and Pablo has still never been in the 3rd round of a slam. I'm hoping for a good match.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:34 AM   #224
yukon145

I'm going to pretend today's match didn't happen...

He really needs to work on his grass court game.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #225
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Pablo practising in Roland Garros last week. Sorry the quality is not great.

Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote