Grass grass grass!!! 2012 Halle cheering thread - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #166
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass grass grass!!! 2012 Halle cheering thread

Imagine how GOAT his backhand would be if he utilised that limb

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 03:20 AM   #167
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
And just for a final contribution to this particular thread...

SHIRT CHANGE PICTURE!!!!
(an out-of-focus one, though... sorry folks!)

His shirt is in the way.

Karin, I can't believe you were so close to Mirka and the kids. Sounds like a lovely encounter.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:49 AM   #168
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

how were you able to hold the camera so steady at that time?
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #169
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #170
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
And just for a final contribution to this particular thread...

SHIRT CHANGE PICTURE!!!!
(an out-of-focus one, though... sorry folks!)

WOW how lucky you was I don't know if I could survive.
I'm afraid it's too much of beauty that it hurts and what a fool you (me surely) can do in front of the whole world if the camera is filming you in that moment:
go to 2 min 02 sec to see
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #171
country flag EternalxJourney

EternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond reputeEternalxJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
That left arm

I didn't have time to watch the match but Roger lost to a worthy opponent. I'm very happy for Tommy and hope he continues his good form at Wimbledon...preferably not against Roger hehe.

Karin and Doris, glad you gals had a wonderful time. Just curious, could you tell which twin is which? Are they really identical or fraternal? Thanks for the pics!
EternalxJourney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #172
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your stories, Doris & Karin
Old 06-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #173
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
PS: BTW I've always heard Roger speak Swiss german () but I was amazed of how well he speaks the German Deutsch.A pleasure to listening to him. I could get some word instead of when he speaks swiss all the words ar only one long word
Have you been able to watch his interview after the final on ZDF where he speaks Hochdeutsch?

(I just made a translation of this interview:

Roger Federer, I think nobody thought that the match would end like this. Yesterday Tommy Haas said that he actually wouldn稚 have a chance against you. What has happened that he used today the chance which he didn稚 have?

He just played very well. It was a tough match for me. I had a good start with the first break but then Tommy found into the match and had a great run and played much better. He deservedly won and I知 very happy for him. It痴 a big victory for him.

You just mentioned the appreciation. Roger, is it something special to play in a final against someone you really like and are friends with?

That has already happened. I have been in many finals. But it痴 clear that today was very special to play here in Germany against Tommy after all the injuries he had. It has been a great tournament for me and a good final. Unfortunately it wasn稚 enough for me I would have really, really loved to win as well even though I really like Tommy. But I don稚 begrudge him the victory and as already said it has been a great week for me.

Roger, I think everyone wouldn稚 have begrudged you to win your 6th title but please forgive the German crowd that they maybe wanted Tommy a bit more. Thanks for a great week here in Halle. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingiskingfineon View Post
happy that you enjoyed Karin and Eden You should see Roger next year ,I mean you did see him win Rotterdam this time
Overall the tournaments I go to are successful for Roger:

He won Hamburg 2007, Halle 2008 (even though I wasn't at the finals back then), Basel 2010, 2011, Rotterdam 2012 were I could witness the victory in the final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalxJourney View Post
Karin and Doris, glad you gals had a wonderful time. Just curious, could you tell which twin is which? Are they really identical or fraternal? Thanks for the pics!
Sorry, I haven't seen the kids as I was inside the stadion to watch a match.

Thanks everyone for your kind words As already said, it was a fantastic week with many wonderful moments.

It's never nice to see your favorite player lose a match (especially in a final) but that's how it goes in sports.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #174
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Have you been able to watch his interview after the final on ZDF where he speaks Hochdeutsch?
I watched the ceremony interview on tennis.tv. I don't know if is what you mean by the interview on ZDF TV? I don't understand German but when someone speaks very well I get it.
For exampl e I didn't like how the interviewer and the organizers of Halle speaked. I liked instead very much Tommy and expetially Roger's way to speak as intonation and pronunciation worthy of a great orator as we have already used in English and French.
I "like" less how he speaks the Swiss German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

(I just made a translation of this interview:
Thanks. I understood he speaked well but I didn't get all. Only some word.it
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #175
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
I watched the ceremony interview on tennis.tv. I don't know if is what you mean by the interview on ZDF TV?
The ceremony interview hasn't been uploaded until today so I could only see the interview for the German TV channel ZDF.

I translated the ceremony interview:

Press officer Frank Hofen:

Mr. Weber 20 years Жerry Weber Open. I thought this week had been like a birthday party. It has been that emotional and great. Did you have the same impression?

Ralf Weber:

It has been a great week indeed with 110 000 guests and world class tennis here in Halle. Especially today痴 match has been fantastic grass court tennis. I知 very happy that we have a German winner with Tommy. For me he is the best German player of the last 10 years and now the most successful German player at the Gerry Weber Open. Congrats Tommy. But also Roger played great today. Unfortunately it wasn稚 enough but I think he is a world class player and I知 always happy when we have him as a guest here.

Frank Hofen:

Tommy, one question: Was the WC for Wimbledon a special motivation for you? Or another question: The 13 is your lucky number. Did you therefore wanted to get your 13th career title here today? What were the reasons?

Tommy Haas:

Who knows?

Frank Hofen:

I don稚 know this. So we can stop.

Tommy Haas:

I guess so.

Frank Hofen:

Not your career. Not that someone understands it wrong. You are going to play longer. The other young man has some years to go until he reaches your age.

Tommy Haas:

I hope so and I know that Roger still has many good years ahead of him. That goes without a question. He just gets 31 and back then I played quite good myself. And as he sees with 34 you can still do something. The next 4 years are possible for sure.

Frank Hofen:

That痴 how I see it.

Tommy Haas:

Yes. Well, what can I say? I知 extremely happy and can稚 believe it what has happened this week. To get the chance to play a final against Roger again and to win against him here today is one of the most wonderful if not THE most wonderful victories in my career. I can say this for sure. It痴 something really special. And as you said I really wanted to win another title in my career as 13 is my lucky number. Now I managed to do it here in Germany in Halle and that痴 just great. Another aim was to get back to the top 50 and I think I managed to do it this week. I got a WC for Wimbledon. So everything works well for me at the moment what痴 not a given.

Frank Hofen:

You had many breaks when you haven稚 been around.

Tommy Haas:

You always have ups and downs like everyone else. In the end you have more ups which is very nice. I want to thank my box for their support my parents, ma father-in-law who came from Los Angeles. Also thanks to Gerhard and Ralf Weber for a great tournament. To the ballkids and everyone involved in organizing. It痴 just fantastic. The sun is shining today. Thanks a lot.

Frank Hofen:

You just mentioned your ATP ranking. I can tell you that you are close to the top 50. We keep fingers crossed for your next tournaments and the next years. The 21st Gerry Weber Open are coming for sure. Thank you Tommy Haas.

Frank Hofen:

Dear Roger, we shared splendid and historic moments with you this year. You got your own street, your appearance, the enthusiasm for you. The icing on the cake is missing now. But you lost against a perfect playing Tommy Haas.

Roger:

That痴 true indeed. I felt that he played really well, not just today but through the whole week. I knew the match today would be very tough. I missed an opportunity in the first set but he was the better player from then on and is the deserved winner. For me it has been a great week nevertheless. I would also like to congratulate Gerry and Ralf Weber for the anniversary and hopefully the next 20 years will be as great as the last ones. I always had a great time here all the years and I知 really looking forward to the next years. I hope I can come back to win the title but today Tommy is the winner and that痴 good so because he played wonderful.

Frank Hofen:

I assume that you will be back, dear Roger. You have the lifetime contract and we have to celebrate your 6th title. A victory today would have been your 75th career title but this year we will be content with you being the Runner-Up. But you surely go into your next waiting challenges with confidence. It will be Wimbledon.

Roger:

That痴 true. I had a very good season so far. Of course it would have been incredible to win the tournament today but nevertheless I go with self-confidence to Wimbledon and then there will be the Olympic Games in Wimbledon. It has been a good start into the grass court season for me. I知 very satisfied even though it wasn稚 enough today. I知 really looking forward to Wimbledon and the Olympic Games and I知 sure it will be a lot of fun.

Frank Hofen:

In 2003 you won for the first time in Halle and then in Wimbledon. In 2012 you will be the first Gerry Weber Open finalist who will win in Wimbledon. That would be something. All the best and good luck.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #176
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalxJourney View Post

I didn't have time to watch the match but Roger lost to a worthy opponent. I'm very happy for Tommy and hope he continues his good form at Wimbledon...preferably not against Roger hehe.
Considering how friendly Tommy was to all of his fans the entire week, Roger's loss couldn't have happened to a more fan-friendlier & unfortunately, better, player.
Doris might back up my words on this, as she got a lovely picture with Tommy during this week.

Quote:
My thanks to all of you who commented.

As for the twins - despite people claiming 'one looks more like Roger and the other one more like Mirka', these are most definitely identical twins, judging at the looks of both of them, that is.

For their behaviour, the one called Charlene by one of the babysitters was the way more active, blowing bubbles all the time and putting in even more effort to *destruct* those bubbles one-by-one with her little fingers
Pretty much 'destructive' like Daddy was in his youngest days I'd say.
The other kiddie was just sucking her thumb in the arms of the other babysitter, but just as sweet.

Daddy Fed sure got himself some two - or rather, three, counting Mirka! - little angels indeed.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 06-22-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote