Your habits to follow Rogers matches - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #16
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your habits to follow Rogers matches

If I can I watch all his matches live or try to download them
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 04:03 AM   #17
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
I watch every match he plays.
Even if i'm not home and I have to deal with a crappy Internet Live-Stream.
And yeah, I'm pretty nervous during the matches, I turn into some sort of flesh eating vampire.

I remember this year during Indian Wells...
A girl ask me to go out and I answered her:
"It wont be possible"
"Why?"
"Federer plays vs Raonic today".
"What?! Are you kidding me?"
"No... Federer plays Bellucci, maybe after the match"
"'Maybe after the match'!?! Are you nuts?!"
"Hey, relax! What's wrong with it?"
"FINE! I'm relaxed... How about saturday?"
"Are YOU nuts?!?! He'll probably be in Semis that day, and if that happens, he'll play Nadal. No way!"

That's a true story, and there are a lot of them.
I don't miss a single Fed match... Last saturday I missed the match vs Haas, I was pretty sad, I had no internet and I followed the live-scores.

But whatever... Go Roger this Wimbledon!

I pretty much arrange my social life around his matches so yeah, totally know what you mean.

If his match is on TV, I will definitely watch it. If I'm forced to go out I'd record it and watch it when I'm home. It's only when the recorded match is one that he lost will I not watch it.

I don't really watch matches on livestream because I get too irritated by the constant lagging of the stream. I watched the Youhnzy match that he played in Halle and the stream froze on all 4 match points. Watching the del Potro FO match on stream was also a horrendous experience - stream lagged on break points and things like that and I just went mad not knowing what was happening.

I don't get nervous watching his matches generally, except when he plays Nadal and to a lesser extent (but more these days ), Djokovic; and of course when he plays finals, but this also depends on the opponent (I'd be nervous if it's Berdych/Tsonga, less nervous if it's Isner, etc). My favourite matches to watch live are the early rounds, especially in grand slams.

I used to not watch Fedal matches live, but I realised that we have limited time with him on tour and I should just watch whatever I can. Even if he loses, and no matter how much it freaking kills me to watch him lose, it's still better than not watching him at all.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

About the habits, one thing I can say is that in the recent years, I've become increasingly attentive/nervous/motivated/scared about some moments when he leads easily which look inocuous at the moment but happen in the end very important as turning points of the match.

For instance the double break point against Haas on sunday : he was leading easily but I was very nervous during that point for him to win it. Haas played that point great : it was the first point he played great and from then on, he kept on and also Fed made a bad service game as it quite often happens to him ... which is the reason why I/we are so eager for him to get a more important advantage.

It started in the beginning of 2010 (loss against Baghdatis in Indian Wells then Berdych in Miami then Gulbis in Roma then Söderling in Roland-Garros ... but there had been the second set against Del Po previous year and also Tsonga in Montreal).

I also remembered shouting "shit" and taking my head in my hands when he missed a smash from the baseline against Tsonga in Wimbledon last year : he was leading 2 sets-to-love and it only got him to 0-30 but I had the feeling it might be a turning point ... and it eventually was

These points are the ones I'm most nervous about because I'm afraid of him losing the opportunity. As quite often he had a bad service game sometime.

Something else : when he makes serve-and-volley, and he does it especially when he's leading on his serve and seemingly easy, I say "shit" because quite often he lost service games like that. For instance it happened against Mahut in second set in Roland-Garros : at 4*-5 30*-0 he made a serve-and-volley and of course missed the volley as often. Then he lost next 3 points and the set

I also used to be very attentive about his first service games in second set but it has become less of a problem recently.

Last edited by duong : 06-22-2012 at 03:03 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #19
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

What a nice 3d.

My habits has evolvedinto the last 2 years since I've started watching Roger live on the streeming in USO.
Imagine that I recorded a night matches here with the jat lag from the pc to the recorder
I could see some other freezed and nothing I could do.
After I had the pay per view card from a friend for the end of the tournament but he lot to Djokovic in the SF - it was the bgining - I didn't enjoy it but I didn't suffer particularly.
Still not the best start

So Ifter I made a subscription fee to watch the tournaments on TV. At the beginning I recorded the matches and I gave priority of the other thinks but day by day the things are worse
I watched only some of them live and when a match was wothy I made a DVD.

Now I do possible to watch every match if not during the night.

If it's an only stream match ad the davis cup last yer in Australia I try to get up.
When he played Tomic the streaming freezed definitely on the rally whitch gave him the BP in the 4th set.
The night before I got up to record wit a software the doubles and I sow maybe 2 sets.
The day after I had my head as if it had been kicked but the desire to see Roger play again on the grass was too much.
Although in sreaming you can't see him plaing or you can't appecciate what he does. You see a colored stain that seem to him but moves and hits in jerky images.
These are some of a small "Rogerian" madnesses

I even record evry match and now I make DVD's with some sort of highlights of more matche into one dvd and I don't take lost sets
Some times in a matches like Goffin's one I recorded it as well and of cource I make a dvd of the won finals

I'm not nervous in the 1st rounds if he hasn't a tricky oponent like Raonic in the early round in IW or in RG but as it heppened the last times if I see he loses a set I'm more attentive and less quiet.
When he plays all that people like Berdych, Delpo, Raonich and Tsonga I'm nervous but when he has Nadal or Djokovic for me it's the end
I'm extra agitated hours before the match and when it is going to start it's worse than if I have to go to a big exam.
After I soffer every 15, every UFE, evry time he has to have a long rally.

If he wins - I'm happy but I'm still nervous because after last Wimbledon nothing is done befor the upire tells "GS&M"
Think that against Tsonga he lost the 4th and I was relaxed and tought - oh no he ca't lose to Tsonga on the grass. It's his territory
The same happened now in Halle. I knew Haas is a good player but Roger is too much more - THE BEST.
I couldn't belive but this time I wasn't so sad. I'm more sad more important is the tournament.

Durung the match with Deplo in RG I sow the 1st 2 sets and I had absolutely to go for an engagement
I couldn't watch the streming there and only somtimes as a rude person I checked the live score.

Similar was the SF in AO - I was on the tennis lesson and I couldn't play well. I was checking continuasly the phone

If I feel the match is going to be easy I can sacrificate the live on tv if I have to play my tennis

The worst can happen is that Roger has to play a sf or a final when I have the tornament, so I guess it would be tough to get well focussed.

It's all.
Now I hope to be able to watche relaxed wor Roger wins Wimbledon.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #20
country flag shanks

shanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond reputeshanks has a reputation beyond repute

I blame myself if Roger loses matches. Bit silly. But I think maybe I should have remained seated, not gone to the loo, not had a drink in my hand So on and so forth
Very superstitious. IF I fail to see an important match and he loses, again I blame myself for not watching the match.
shanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote