Does anyone else not really care about the Olympics? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How much do you "care" about the Olympics?

If I only see one tournament, it's the Olympics!!! 0 0%
I'm EXTREMELY excited about the Olympics! 4 16.00%
Pretty excited...yay 9 36.00%
Only moderately excited 1 4.00%
Not that big a deal, but I'll definitely watch 9 36.00%
Don't care at ALL 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #31
country flag Logical
Banned!

Logical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone else not really care about the Olympics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
With most other sports, it's quite different because they don't usually face international competition. And that all changes come the Olympics. With tennis, almost every single tournament played on the pro level is made up of players from all over the world. But I guess the Olympics are considered "special" because you are playing for your country.....

.....but we also have Davis Cup (another tournament I don't really care about ).

Tennis, when it comes to the Olympics, gets an artificial sense of allure and fascination, almost as if its just excess excitement that leaked over from the other sports. McEnroe suggested that if Olympic tennis were upgraded to slam status (in terms of points and format, I suppose) that it would legitimately be a lot more interesting.

Of course I'm going to watch (we're ALL going to watch) but in terms of "status"? It's basically a Masters event to me. And I'm not any more (or any less) excited about it.
Oscarovic cried like when he lost olympics last time.If players care,fans care.If you not care, you will not be cared by other fans.
Logical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #32
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care about it. It's slightly more exciting than Muggy Carlo but slightly less exciting than many other M1000s.

I don't care about football (soccer) in the olympics either and I would most certainly not care about golf in olympics when it gets in.

Tennis shouldn't be in the olympics in the first place. If anything they should remove sports from olympics instead of adding more and more. Tennis doesn't need olympics to be seen and it's not the biggest thing in tennis unlike in other sports. All tennis does is "being a pretender" and trying to steal spotlight from sports that really need the olympic attention every 4 years.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #33
country flag Logical
Banned!

Logical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
I don't care about it. It's slightly more exciting than Muggy Carlo but slightly less exciting than many other M1000s.

I don't care about football (soccer) in the olympics either and I would most certainly not care about golf in olympics when it gets in.

Tennis shouldn't be in the olympics in the first place. If anything they should remove sports from olympics instead of adding more and more. Tennis doesn't need olympics to be seen and it's not the biggest thing in tennis unlike in other sports. All tennis does is "being a pretender" and trying to steal spotlight from sports that really need the olympic attention every 4 years.
Try telling that to Fedull and Oscarboy
Logical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #34
country flag Aleksa9

Aleksa9 has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa9 has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa9 has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa9 has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa9 has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa9 has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa9 has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa9 has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa9 has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa9 has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa9 has a reputation beyond repute

Olympics are biggest sports competition in the world and not only biggest in sport...
Only stupid things:American's didn't go to doping controls and that is reason, why they have so many medals...Phelps, basketball players etc.
Aleksa9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote