Do French differentiate ethnically pure Frenchmen and Afro guys? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is there a difference?

Of course not, they are all proud Frenchmen! 14 51.85%
As long as they play for France, I don't mind. 3 11.11%
Black is black and white is white. 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #46
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do French differentiate ethnically pure Frenchmen and Afro guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helevorn View Post

Lithuanian guys pointing out that there are no europeans in the French team

Seriously, I don't understand why many of you treat an argument like this in a so problem-free and soft way. Racial issues are an extremely actual and ongoing topic in all of Europe, and moreover in 2002 Jean-Marie Le Pen obtained more than 5 million votes.. and as far as I can tell his Front National is not so kind when it comes to immigration and so on
speaks the guy who considers Northern Italians superior to Southern Italians. yup, Helevorn lives in North Italy.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...29&postcount=6

Quote:
It's pretty accurate (except Japan). No one in Italy is able to put together three or four English words with some kind of sense. The main problem is that Northern Italy is invaded by Southern Italian pseudo-teachers who aren't able not only to speak English but even Italian 'cos they speak only Neapolitan or some Southern dialect who sounds like Arab.

The huge problem of English learning in Italy is the complete absence of good teachers. The second problem is that in general Italians do not want to study and train themselves, so I think I have totally forgot what I learned in my First Certificate in English of the Cambridge University that I took seven years ago with an Australian teacher..

This is really bad because it's another reason why all of Italy is ridiculous even compared to third-world countries. Having traveled around all Europe I generally agree with that map, Scandinavian countries (with the fundamental exception of Finland, whose people speak an incomprehensive English because of their non-indoeuropean native languate I think), Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria are all countries in which I have always used my shitty English and they always tried to interact with me with a perfect English.. in Spain I am used to talk in Italian, we speak different languages but if we start to talk in English we only end up with an enormous confusion

Talking about France I don't know, 'cos generally if a Frenchman understands that you're Italian starts to intentionally forget all of his English and starts to speak only French.. for some reason they hate Italy, so usually the first thing I say to them it's that I hate Italy more than them.. even the last week in Monte Carlo I used this technique and it worked really well
then i asked Helevorn:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...3&postcount=10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
which part of Italy do you hate the most? the northern or the southern?
but he avoided to answer me. no wonder Helevorn embraces LePen's xenophobic principles.

sadly, there are many racist bastards in Greece too.
fucking bastards who despise even the legal Albanian immigrants in Greece, but that's another story.

Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #47
country flag incognito0015

incognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond reputeincognito0015 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Lithuanian guys pointing out that there are no europeans in the French team
How stupid they are.

And I never said that they is no racists in France. Unfortunately, as in other countries, they are some racists. But they are a small minority and the big majority are not like that and see guys like Zidane, Monfils, Tsonga, Noah, Thierry Henry, etc. as completely French.
incognito0015 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #48
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capuccino View Post
I am curious about whether French people are more supportive to 100% ethnic Frenchmen compared to guys who've grown up in France but their predecessors are from Afrika? (Monflis, Tsonga)
there is no such thing as "100% ethnic frenchmen"
(and if you really wanted to start a thread on this topic you should have make the poll public imo)
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #49
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
Absolutely correct. In fact, racial integration in France, speaking both historically and contemporarily, could be fairly characterized as "100% seamless."

()
Couldn't resist bumping this thread. God damn does the guy who wrote the article in that second link look like a tool right now.
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #50
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure there is discrimination in France against groups of Arab, Algerian, and African backgrounds.

I just don't know how PRONOUNCED it is compared to the rest of the Western World.

I do know, however, when it comes to sports, they are supportive of anyone, regardless of their ethnicity.

A good example of this is Arsene Wenger and French football. As long as you speak French, they love you, or the french tennis team, they just want talent.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #51
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito0015 View Post
But they are a small minority and the big majority are not like that and see guys like Zidane, Monfils, Tsonga, Noah, Thierry Henry, etc. as completely French.
I think Zidane wouldn't fit in that group, even though he's North African, he could easily pass for a white guy. Monfils, Tsonga, Henry, Noah, etc, are easily identifiable as having African descent.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:25 AM   #52
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
speaks the guy who considers Northern Italians superior to Southern Italians. yup, Helevorn lives in North Italy.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...29&postcount=6

then i asked Helevorn:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...3&postcount=10

but he avoided to answer me. no wonder Helevorn embraces LePen's xenophobic principles.

sadly, there are many racist bastards in Greece too.
fucking bastards who despise even the legal Albanian immigrants in Greece, but that's another story.

isn't he from south tyrole? like most people there, it's only natural to dislike italy as the country in which they belong (considering south tyrole used to belong to austria and for decades the italian authorities tried to supress the german language and the germanic habits over there in order to 'italianize' the place). northern italy is more germanic in general than southern italy so i guess south tyroleans might get along better with northern italians just from a cultural point of view, even though they still might hate italy as a whole. nevertheless, i wouldn't be surprised if racism plays its role as well. italy is a very racist country in general.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:32 AM   #53
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
South Tyrol to Austria?

Austria's third presiding officer of the parliament, Martin Graf, started a discussion if South Tyrol should become a part of Austria. The controversial politican of the Freedom Party demanded a national referendum if South Tyrol should stay a part of Italy, or return back to Austria.

The minister president of North Tyrol, the part of Tyrol which belongs to Austria, Günther Platter, is not very excited about such an idea. He said that Mr. Graf should be aware of the responsibility of his position, and declared that his statements in this case are “indiscriminate and unrealistic.”

Platter adds “borders are history”, and that “we live in a united Europe anyway”. He also underlines the perfect cooperation between North and South Tyrol, “which is so good as never before.” “Let’s look into the future instead to talk about a new demarcation”, is the opinion of North Tyrols minister president.

Also the minister president of South Tyrol, Luis Durnwalder, labeled the wishes of Martin Graf as “unrealistic and irresponsible.” Durnwalder believes that most of South Tyrols inhabitants would prefer to stay in Italy.

Critics for Graf also from the Socialdemocrats. Laura Rudas said that he should resign. Peoples Party man Christoph Leitl thinks that Graf still lives in the past century. Austria lost the Southern part of Tirol after the first world war in 1918.
http://www.austrianews.co.uk/2009/07...ol-to-austria/
Old 09-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #54
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
As long as you speak French, they love you, or the french tennis team, they just want talent.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #55
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
Sadly the race induced riots in France show it's not a paradise and I think asking such a question was justified.
I fall on this thread and I read that :

what are these "race induced riots" you're talking about ?

do you mean the riots in 2005 when the youngsters from some suburbs made riots against the police ?

I know some American TV programs had presented it as something "ethnic", especially noticing about their supposed religion (how many of these youngsters did really have religious faith ?), but

who called these "race induced riots" to you ?

or what are you talking about ?

Besides, no France is not at all a paradise, may be nearer to hell , and especially the immigration policy is awful, but overall people don't make any difference : if we made, we would have very few champions

It's not like Italy and some other countries where Balotelli is the only black man in the football team, which can partly explain why it's harder for him.

And I never hear about Tsonga or Monfils what I heared about Noah in the past : that he was from Cameroon when he lost and from France when he won

That must mean on that topic at least, things have improved

But really I'm shocked by your "race induced riots"

Last edited by duong : 06-18-2012 at 03:33 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #56
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
When's the next muslim youth riot due over there?
Again ! What's that ????

has the simplistic and stupid way it has been presented by some American media infused to all people's minds (at least outside from France even though for sure you will find people in France saying it was "religion or race induced", as you know we had 17% votes for an extreme party and our last president was not really better) ?

Last edited by duong : 06-18-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #57
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I never hear about Tsonga or Monfils what I heared about Noah in the past : that he was from Cameroon when he lost and from France when he won

That must mean on that topic at least, things have improved
When I think about it, there's a clear reason for that "evolution" : until the end of the 80s, there were still quite few black or Arabic people in elite French sports.

There were already quite many black sportsmen in track and field and basket-ball of course, but not at all as many ones as now.

The French football team who won the European championship 1984 there was only one black guy in the team (Jean Tigana, and a substitute as well -José Touré-).

Even in basketball I can remember the team was at least composed of half of white players.

Since then we've had so many top sportsmen who are black or of Arabic origin (by the way I've always wondered why there were so few Italian or Spanish sportsmen who were black ) that I think it's the reason why people don't even realize, even though there are quite many people who are hostile to immigration in France.

And as someone noted, in the ranking of most popular people now in France, now the first one is Yannick Noah (black), the second one Zinedine Zidane (Arabic), the third one Omar Sy (black actor).

I think that's why I don't hear the same I heared about Noah in the 80s that he was from Cameroon when he lost (I laugh because it was often said for humour like about Murray and Scotland)

Now when Tsonga or Monfils loses I never hear or read anything like that but I always read "French sportsmen have no mental" (which was already possible to hear about Noah in the past of course ).

Another example I've just thought about : Franck Ribéry, a football player with no "arabic" origin who has converted to muslim religion and prays before each match on the pitch : he has been a lot a lot criticized in France in recent years ... but hardly ever anybody said anything about that

It surprises me now that I think of it, because in the meantime many people think and say many harsh things against immigration. Strangely, in sports, somehow it's nearly fully absent, probably because without that we would be nothing in sports

Maybe also because many French people who are very bad against immigration are not really "allergic" to people from different "ethnies".

Anyway it's surprising ... and somehow in the meantime I'm very often ashame of what my compatriots say and of my government's policy to immigrants, somehow I can even feel proud because somehow, it seems that France has a special success story for people from different "ethnies" in sports, which seemingly can't happen in other countries the same

Last edited by duong : 06-18-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Ribéry and the end
Old 06-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #58
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

One of France's greatest track athletes was an Algerian, Alain Mimoun. He came in second three times at the Olympics to Emil Zatopek before winning the marathon in 1956.
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #59
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
isn't he from south tyrole? like most people there, it's only natural to dislike italy as the country in which they belong (considering south tyrole used to belong to austria and for decades the italian authorities tried to supress the german language and the germanic habits over there in order to 'italianize' the place). northern italy is more germanic in general than southern italy so i guess south tyroleans might get along better with northern italians just from a cultural point of view, even though they still might hate italy as a whole. nevertheless, i wouldn't be surprised if racism plays its role as well. italy is a very racist country in general.
He is not South Tyrolean.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote