Grigor on Grass: 2012 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #61
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor on Grass: 2012

Acrobatic volley from Grigor to save set point
Hypnotize is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #62
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

7th BP
Old 06-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #63
country flag Hypnotize

He did it with an amazing backhand passing shot. This is a very entertaining match
Old 06-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #64
country flag Hypnotize

Serve & volleyed on a second serve to hold. 6-5
Old 06-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #65
country flag Hypnotize

What a 1st set! 7-6
Old 06-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #66
country flag ClaudiaBUK

ClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond reputeClaudiaBUK has a reputation beyond repute

7-6, 6-4 woo

MURRAY - FEDERER - WARD - EVANS - WAWRINKA - DEL POTRO
ClaudiaBUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #67
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Good job, Grisha! Good luck against Anderson!

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #68
country flag Hypnotize

Best match I've seen Grigor play in a long time. His serve was lethal today and he hit some stunning winners off both wings. He hit some UEs off his backhand at the start of the match but once he got going, his backhand looked beautiful, especially down the line. If he can get more consistency off that shot, it will be a match winner. I was particularly impressed with the way he broke back even saving a SP in the process and he really upped his game in the tie-break. The crowd were really in to the match, the commentators were singing his praises and I liked when he left the court, he high-fived a row of ball-girls.

The draw has really opened up now and he should see this as a genuine opportunity to do well. He beat Andersson on grass last year so there's no reason he can't do it again, especially with the way he is playing.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #69
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice 2 round takesn with authority.
It's good for Grisho that he didn't do 2faults and when he had to serve for the matche he did it with "no pression"
He needs to be more cynical and to play without fear. Maybe he's finding the right knowledge of his potential because it is the only thing that was missing
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #70
country flag Hypnotize

He's the 2nd match on Centre Court after Janko v Lu.

Centre Start 11:00 am
Yen-Hsun Lu (TPE)v[3] Janko Tipsarevic (SRB)
Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)v[9] Kevin Anderson (RSA)
Old 06-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #71
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Great victory today for Grisho! He served very well, some of those backhand passing shots were Kept his cool during the rain delay and came back to win the match!

Tomorrow Grisho plays Nalbandian who played 2 3-set matches today. That's what I call a real OPPORTUNITY!!!

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #72
country flag Hypnotize

I'm really happy to see Grigor is finally maturing and playing his best tennis. His shot-making today was incredible and his backhand slice is a huge weapon. Best of all, he seems to be enjoying himself on court and he has become a massive crowd favourite at Queens. I can't wait for his match against Nalbandian tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #73
country flag Hypnotize

He's up to 64 in the live rankings with this win. Good progress and he's doing all the right things to be considered for an Olympics WC. They are far more likely to choose someone who has shown they can play on grass and is entertaining to watch.

Last edited by Hypnotize : 06-16-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #74
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
He's up to 64 in the live rankings with this win. Good progress and he's doing all the right things to be considered for a Wimbledon WC. They are far more likely to choose someone who has shown they can play on grass and is entertaining to watch.
Wimbledon WC??? I think you mean Olympics WC

Singles: [Rank: #23, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #105, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #75
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr1s71an View Post
Wimbledon WC??? I think you mean Olympics WC
Whoops! I've edited my post.

Draw is out for s-Hertogenbosch and he's not in it. I hope he doesn't play Easbourne either and rests for Wimbledon.

Last edited by Hypnotize : 06-16-2012 at 02:04 PM.