Operacion Galgo investigation hits the bin - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Operacion Galgo investigation hits the bin

What's the excuse this time? Still not illegal to carry out blood transfusions and sell thousands of doses of prescription medication (God knows how he got a hold of them) without a medical reason?
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Operacion Galgo investigation hits the bin

IMO, Spain should be banned from all international sporting events until they deal with people like Fuentes, others like him, and their clients.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
country flag Mjau!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
IMO, Spain should be banned from all international sporting events
...starting now.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

This news is like three months old, you even commented on it yourself...

As I said back then, yes, it's a disgrace and Spain is in need of a comprehensive awareness-raising process with regards to doping, on all levels.

Then again, weren't more than half of Fuentes's clients from countries all around the world?
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Shut up troll, crawl back to your filthy hole.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
country flag Mjau!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
This news is like three months old, you even commented on it yourself...
I think I would remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
As I said back then, yes, it's a disgrace and Spain is in need of a comprehensive awareness-raising process with regards to doping, on all levels.

Then again, weren't more than half of Fuentes's clients from countries all around the world?
I don't think that's known, but it would just make Spain look even worse if all these foreign athletes are going there to dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Shut up troll, crawl back to your filthy hole.
Gee, it's no wonder there's no pressure on the authorities to clean up their act if this is how spanish sport fans react when confronted with the ugly truth. For shame!
Old 06-09-2012, 03:24 AM   #7
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Mjau! Really wants ACC title this year.

Frauderer will NEVER win another slam
Crocodilovic will fall
Nadal will reclaim number #1 in 2015.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:28 AM   #8
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

it's a well known fact that not only is doping widespread in sports but also that many countries, like spain, do efforts to cover its uses.

if the spanish authorities were to publicly investigate what they already know is going on, about 90% of its recent competition prizes would have to be returned. having that into account, it is no surprise that the ones who have the money do every effort in their power to keep these stuff secret.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
country flag Mjau!

From the USADA letter to Lance Armstrong:

http://online.wsj.com/public/resourc...arging0613.pdf

Quote:
García del Moral left the Postal team following the 2003 season under circumstances that remain unclear. García del Moral continued to work with athletes at the Instituto de Medicina del Deporte, a Valencia health clinic that specializes in sports injuries and performance-enhancing treatments. Staff members say the center, part of a network that includes several others in Spain, is managed by the regional government and works often with professional athletes, including cyclists, track-and-field athletes, soccer and tennis players, providing advice on nutrition and training regimes and top-class fitness equipment.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...sj_share_tweet

Why is such a doctor allowed to work with professional athletes at a government funded health clinic?

He didn't stop doping athletes after leaving USPS.

An excerpt from Paul Kimmage's interview with Floyd Landis:

Quote:
Q: How did you manage your doping in ’05? The Wall St Journal piece said: Mister Landis said he hired a Spanish doctor in Valencia to take transfusions and paid one person $10,000 to make two separate deliveries of half-litre bags of blood during the 2005 Tour de France.

A: In 2004, the Postal Service got rid of Luis Garcia Del Moral, who was the team doctor, and I knew that he was often in charge of the logistics of doing transfusions and things like that, so I just contacted him and asked if he would do it for me. So I paid him to do it.

Q: Del Moral?

A: Yeah.

Q: You paid Del Moral?

A: Yeah.

Q: Did that ‘work’?

A: Did it work? Yeah, the reason that I was not as good in 2005 as I was in 2004 or 2006 was because I had surgery that winter and wasn’t walking for weeks and it took a while to get back in shape. So drugs or no drugs weren’t going to change that. I did the same thing in 2004 and 2005 and 2006; the one variable was that I had my hip issues to deal with and therapy and things like that. I mean, in all of the Tours I did exactly the same amount of blood (transfusing) except the first one (2002); the first one I did one transfusion which is 500 millilitres and the next four I did 1000 militaries each, three separate times in 2006, because it was easier to maintain the continuous blood parameters that were being checked. But it ended up being the same total volume that I added so…yeah, Del Moral, in spite of denying that he ever saw any doping, like everybody does, that was all he really did.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/...-landis_158328
Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
country flag Pajero de Nadal
Banned!

Pajero de Nadal has a reputation beyond reputePajero de Nadal has a reputation beyond reputePajero de Nadal has a reputation beyond reputePajero de Nadal has a reputation beyond reputePajero de Nadal has a reputation beyond reputePajero de Nadal has a reputation beyond reputePajero de Nadal has a reputation beyond reputePajero de Nadal has a reputation beyond reputePajero de Nadal has a reputation beyond reputePajero de Nadal has a reputation beyond reputePajero de Nadal has a reputation beyond repute

Spain has no story of dopers. spain athletes are clean as they get.
Pajero de Nadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajero de Nadal View Post
Spain has no story of dopers. spain athletes are clean as they get.
One of the worst cheaters in winter sport history was a german that got spanish citizenship and competed for Spain.
His name was Johann Muhlegg. He was a mediocre athlete but when he switched to the spanish federation he suddenly started to win things.

In the Olympics in 2002 in Salt Lake City he took multiple golds. I still remember how he went around at high altitude in inhuman speed without getting tired. He drooled and pushed forward like a bull and no-one could match his tempo uphill. The swede who was closest tried for too long and hit the wall and had to quit the race. After the 50km race a random urine test discovered he had doped up his red blood cell count something crazy.

It was a very systematic and clever doping using a substance previously not tested for. He and the spanish federation almost got away with it. Personally I have little doubt that Contador was doped too. There is obviously much expertise in spain how to "cheat" in endurance sports like in the Muhlegg case.

Last edited by MaxPower : 06-20-2012 at 07:16 PM.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote