HBO game of thrones - anyone watching? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-07-2012, 01:25 AM   #106
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Game of Thrones would definitely benefit from being 12 or 13 episodes long, like most cable dramas are. I guess the budget wont stretch that far.

Surprised everyone in here disliked the finale though. Much like season one, the climax of the season came in episode 9. Maybe that has something to do with it.
i wasn't one of them. i loved the finale and overall season 2 was much better than season 1 were everything was spoon fed to the viewer.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #107
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Because he wanted the wildlings to think Jon was a traitor to the Night's Watch so he could infiltrate their camp. Jon kills him to prove that he is no longer loyal to the Night's Watch in the hopes that the wildlings will believe his betrayal and take him in and he can become a spy.

They explain it so much better in the books
Thanks. What's the exact threat that the Wildlings pose anyway? They just seem like a bunch of nomads with weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Season 1 > Season 2. Gratuitous female nudity is beyond ridiculous. So transparent and so annoying Final episode was OK. I guess if you've read the books you can't help but be underwhelmed. Only Arya , Tyrion and Stannis stood out his season. I'm a huge fan of Danny's but her season 2 was average at best. Love the dragons though...
I thought the nudity was way more gratuitous in season 1. Agree re. Dany though. I'm glad she finally did something in the last episode after spending the whole season whining and posturing and being annoying.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #108
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

I love this series. The books are amazing, and the tv show has been almost as good.

I'm in the camp that Season 2 is better than Season 1. The showrunners stuck to the main story but also found the confidence to make changes when necessary to make better television and the story more accessible to non-readers. Many of the changes were really good like Arya/Tywin for example. Then again, I've never been one to care about changes to source material as long as the major storylines aren't altered. It makes it more interesting to me in some ways.

I think Alfie Allen, Sophie Turner, Peter Dinklage, and Lena Headey were the real standouts this season but everyone was great. Can't wait for Season 3, it will be crazy.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #109
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Alfie Allen really gave Theon some soul this season. Definately one of the best performances in season 2 in my opinion.

Hated him when he took over Winferfell but the little brother of Lily Allen gave me my sympathy for Theon back.

How awesome was this?

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #110
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Theon is Lily Allen's brother?

That speech was great...especially the completely unexpected club on the head.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
Old 06-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #111
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Theon is Lily Allen's brother?

That speech was great...especially the completely unexpected club on the head.
She even wrote this song about him in 2007, about him being lazy and useless.

And watch him now, might as well snatch an Emmy for his performance as Theon

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:22 AM   #112
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that speech and knock out was awesome and hilarious.

It would be awesome if Alfie got nominated for an Emmy because he really deserves it, if I had to choose it was probably my favorite performance from this past season. That scene between Theon and Luwin in the finale was both heartbreaking and hilarious at the same time with the horn blower. However, I think a repeat for Peter Dinklage is probably the only acting award the show will get.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:47 AM   #113
country flag tripwires

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
She even wrote this song about him in 2007, about him being lazy and useless.
Omg that's so freaking cute. This made my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
Yes, that speech and knock out was awesome and hilarious.

It would be awesome if Alfie got nominated for an Emmy because he really deserves it, if I had to choose it was probably my favorite performance from this past season. That scene between Theon and Luwin in the finale was both heartbreaking and hilarious at the same time with the horn blower. However, I think a repeat for Peter Dinklage is probably the only acting award the show will get.
I agree - the Theon/Luwin scene was fabulous. I spent the whole season hating Theon and that was the first time he came across as sympathetic. Peter Dinklage is awesome; Tyrion is my favourite character by a mile. He steals every scene he's in for me, aided, no doubt, by his character's hilarious lines.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #114
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Not much chance for anyone but Dinklage in supporting actor as the category is pretty stacked. I doubt he will win again though, as this year Aaron Paul will be eligible again.

The size of the cast works against them when it comes to awards sadly. It's like The Wire, it had brilliant performances across the board, yet no one was ever nominated.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #115
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Omg that's so freaking cute. This made my day.
I agree. Makes me wish I had a sister, or at the very least wasn't an only child
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #116
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

No coz its a load of shite
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #117
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Alfie was great as well though Theon Greyjoy is such a sex crazed little twat with a monster inferiority complex
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #118
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Yeah Alfie was great as well though Theon Greyjoy is such a sex crazed little twat with a monster inferiority complex
massive daddy issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #119
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

joffrey and cercei still alive

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #120
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote