HBO game of thrones - anyone watching? - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #91
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HBO game of thrones - anyone watching?

Sadly, the nudity is a selling point for HBO. Sometimes it is over the top but at least it is not at the level of their competitors Starz and Showtime.

Game of Thrones hasn't been too bad though. There was one scene of pure exposition with Littlefinger in which Roz and another whore pleasured eachother while he spoke. There really hasn't been anything else as bad as that. It's also featured some male nudity.

From what I've heard, sex and nudity are also prevalent in the novels.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #92
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

I rewatched season 1 about a week ago, and the gap in quality between that and season 2 is pretty wide.

I just think they did a messy job of unveiling the plot at the beginning of the season, and then filling the later episodes with unnecessary crap (sex scenes, improvised scenes). There was an aura to Season 1 where the writers really paid attention to detail about everything, while they really started drifting away in this one.

Lena Headey, while hot, is a crappy actress. Her lack of range kind of gets annoying when you are begging her to show more fire/emotion.

Although Stannis will always be my epic choice, I can see where the audience has a hard time cheering for him when he disappears for 4 episodes after Renly's death.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:25 AM   #93
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Finale tonight was

I was looking forward to the House of the Undying scene more than anything else this season and my disappointment is off the charts.

Robb yelling at Cat and getting married under the blessings of the Seven was and I couldn't really tell what the deal with Qhorin and Jon was because of how vague the scene between them in episode 8 (I think) was. The Arya, Tyrion and Theon stuff was good, other than that, I feel kind of underwhelmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #94
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy I haven't read the books because that gives no expectations. Last episode was alright. A bit too many stories and too little time but it did a fair job. I agree the House of the Undying thing was anti-climatic, especially when they hyped it up so much.

They must consider 12 or even 20 episodes a season. Not gonna happen for $$$-reasons but one can wish. Would do wonders for the pacing and character development.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #95
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
I'm happy I haven't read the books because that gives no expectations. Last episode was alright. A bit too many stories and too little time but it did a fair job. I agree the House of the Undying thing was anti-climatic, especially when they hyped it up so much.

They must consider 12 or even 20 episodes a season. Not gonna happen for $$$-reasons but one can wish. Would do wonders for the pacing and character development.
same, i'm glad that daenery was barely featured in the finale. i feared that the house of undying crap would go on forever. it was overall much better than season one finale and the last five minutes were erection inducing. i think 10 episodes are fine when they start killing off the boring useless characters.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #96
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
i think 10 episodes are fine when they start killing off the boring useless characters.
They introduce more boring, useless characters in the fourth book

Minus Arianne Martell, my queen

Quote:
Quote:
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #97
country flag Sean.

Sean. has a reputation beyond reputeSean. has a reputation beyond reputeSean. has a reputation beyond reputeSean. has a reputation beyond reputeSean. has a reputation beyond reputeSean. has a reputation beyond reputeSean. has a reputation beyond reputeSean. has a reputation beyond reputeSean. has a reputation beyond reputeSean. has a reputation beyond reputeSean. has a reputation beyond repute

Bad last episode.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #98
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I loved it except for how they handled Winterfell's razing and Jon's fight with Quorin. Stannis was awesome.

The house of the undying would've been really spoilery if they adapted it right out of the book. They would've also had to cast someone for Rhaegar. Aesthetically, I really loved the snow in the iron throne and felt bad for Dany when she knew it was all a trick because she'll never be able to have children.

Kinda pissed they killed off dorreah though, what a hottie.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #99
country flag tealeaves

tealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond repute

The last episode was pretty lame IMHO, so many scenes happened out of nowhere and were left unexplained I was so confused
TT Singles CH #172
TT Doubles CH #103 - W: Guadalajara, Szczecin 2014; Bergamo, Cherbourg, Poznan 2013 (w/goOudinUSA)

Federer Del Potro Wawrinka Djokovic Berdych Nishikori Pospisil Youzhny Paire Soderling
tealeaves is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #100
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Season finale was meh, the ending was pretty promising though.

You know you've made it as a show when the Simpsons did this as a hommage;

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:27 AM   #101
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Why did Jon kill the other guy?

I was a huge Dany fan at the end of season 1, then got bored with her in season 2, and am now back on the bandwagon after seeing how awesome she was with the dragons and pretty much during the entire sequence at the house of the undying. Also...my poor Tyrion. Thank goodness he's alive but what a fucked up, ungrateful family he has.

I think this show would benefit from having 2 more episodes too. Things feel a bit rushed as they stand.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #102
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Game of Thrones would definitely benefit from being 12 or 13 episodes long, like most cable dramas are. I guess the budget wont stretch that far.

Surprised everyone in here disliked the finale though. Much like season one, the climax of the season came in episode 9. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #103
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Why did Jon kill the other guy?
Because he wanted the wildlings to think Jon was a traitor to the Night's Watch so he could infiltrate their camp. Jon kills him to prove that he is no longer loyal to the Night's Watch in the hopes that the wildlings will believe his betrayal and take him in and he can become a spy.

They explain it so much better in the books

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pirata. : 06-06-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #104
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Season 1 > Season 2. Gratuitous female nudity is beyond ridiculous. So transparent and so annoying Final episode was OK. I guess if you've read the books you can't help but be underwhelmed. Only Arya , Tyrion and Stannis stood out his season. I'm a huge fan of Danny's but her season 2 was average at best. Love the dragons though...
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #105
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

Book 3 will probably be done in 16-20 episodes, I've heard they're splitting it into two seasons.

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote