Clay Court Season 2012 - Roland Garros - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #106
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Court Season 2012 - Roland Garros

Richard!

He played a good 1st set to take it 6/1 and in the 2nd Murray started to play better. Richard had BP to serve for the 2nd but couldn't convert.

It was all Murray in set 3 and 4.

It's been a good tournament for Richard, making the 4th round but still can't reach the QF!

Grass Season......

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 06-04-2012 at 11:26 PM.
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #107
country flag Jozie

Jozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
He really tried in the forth set, but Murray makes no mistakes at all and serves at 70% which he rarely does.

Richard is normally a good at smashing, but Murray's incredible gets took it away from him. And the double fauts at bad moments did not help either.

Murray was the better player today, outright impressive.
Murray knows how to get under Richard's skin (and mine).
I just don't understand how Murray can pretend to have 'back' problems and then play the winning tennis he does.
I will never give Murray credit - true champions would never behave in such an unsportsmanlike manner, (pretending to be injured).

I am sick and tired of hearing how 'Spartan' Murray is, playing through a back injury. If it was really a serious injury he should have pulled out of the tournament already. He's a cheat!!!

Richard is always humble & gracious, and sadly he allows Murray to bully, push and dominate him.

~♠ Gasqueteers ♠~

all for one, one for all
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Jozie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #108
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozie View Post
Murray knows how to get under Richard's skin (and mine).
I just don't understand how Murray can pretend to have 'back' problems and then play the winning tennis he does.
I will never give Murray credit - true champions would never behave in such an unsportsmanlike manner, (pretending to be injured).

I am sick and tired of hearing how 'Spartan' Murray is, playing through a back injury. If it was really a serious injury he should have pulled out of the tournament already. He's a cheat!!!

Richard is always humble & gracious, and sadly he allows Murray to bully, push and dominate him.
I don't care about Murray.

Though we all hoped that Richard would reach his first RG QF, dont forget: grass is coming up!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #109
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He really tried in the forth set, but Murray makes no mistakes at all and serves at 70% which he rarely does.

Richard is normally a good at smashing, but Murray's incredible gets took it away from him. And the double fauts at bad moments did not help either.

Murray was the better player today, outright impressive.
Murray was the much better player in the last 2 sets but how well would Murray have played (how much would his back been hurting ) had Richard not completely lost it and given ALL the momentum to him by giving away the second set.

Same old story -- Murray has a way of getting under Richard's skin - not to mention mine! And Murray seems to enjoy every minute of pissing people off.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #110
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Murray was the much better player in the last 2 sets but how well would Murray have played (how much would his back been hurting ) had Richard not completely lost it and given ALL the momentum to him by giving away the second set.
You know, I alwas defend Richard against all kinds of criticism, but here I can't follow you. There were still two sets to play. Richard has to learn to focus on himself and ignore what the opponent is doing.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 06-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #111
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know, I alwas defend Richard against all kinds of criticism, but here I can't follow you. There were still two sets to play. Richard has to learn to focus on himself and ignore what the opponent is doing.
That was point exactly!!! Richard lost focus completely and let Murray get rolling and then it was match.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #112
country flag afterglows

afterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond repute

I don't generally post here but I feel like I need some group therapy after this one.

Hi everybody, my pseudonym is Afterglows and I've been a Gasquet's fan for 7 years.

Today I watched a Murray-Gasquet match. Again. And it was painful. Again. Like the other times after the good start I actually hoped this could be a win. I should have known better...
I hope the next time I will have enough wisdom to not watch the match, just check the result at the end and save me the false hope.
I'm almost glad that he didn't convert his break point at the end of the second set, another loss from 2 sets up would have been worse.

But I guess that I will never be cured cause I am full of hope for the grass season...

afterglows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #113
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglows View Post
But I guess that I will never be cured cause I am full of hope for the grass season...
welcome to the club.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 06-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #114
country flag Schu

Quote:
I don't generally post here but I feel like I need some group therapy after this one.

Hi everybody, my pseudonym is Afterglows and I've been a Gasquet's fan for 7 years.

Today I watched a Murray-Gasquet match. Again. And it was painful. Again. Like the other times after the good start I actually hoped this could be a win. I should have known better...
I hope the next time I will have enough wisdom to not watch the match, just check the result at the end and save me the false hope.
I'm almost glad that he didn't convert his break point at the end of the second set, another loss from 2 sets up would have been worse.

We feel your pain... hope lies eternal, group
Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #115
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Keep your expectations low next time
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #116
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

another slam - another loss to Murray .
It is true , he just lost focus - just long enough for Murray to ramp up his game and that was all it took
Still , Richard was in the round of 16 - played some superb tennis ( last 3 sets of Haas / first set of this one )
Hopefully Piatti and Seb can help him focus on what he did right

Looked like to me a few shots here or there missed by an inch or two in that 4/4 game in the second set while Murray was painting the lines .
Then he did seem to lose hope/ focus at that point - and the third set was over before he could regroup . We have seen this all before

On to grass - hope he can continue to push forward - to listen to Piatti - who is saying all the right things to him . Listen to your coach , Richard .
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #117
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote