Homophobe Dharun Ravi gets 30 days in jail for driving Tyler Clementi to suicide. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: The sentence is........

Fair and reasonable 2 14.29%
An outrage 3 21.43%
Too strict-----shouldn't get any jail time 4 28.57%
I'm conflicted/mixed feelings 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #16
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homophobe Dharun Ravi gets 30 days in jail for driving Tyler Clementi to suicide.

The "driving to suicide" argument is plain insanity. I sugest charging the parents for not being able to properly educate their child in self-respect and failing to make him feel loved and supported. The parents crusade smells very fishy to me, like they're trying to deflect responsability for their utter failure.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #17
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homophobe Dharun Ravi gets 30 days in jail for driving Tyler Clementi to suicide.

The main issue here is invasion or privacy. Using cameras to record person's activities without their consent should be punished severely. I believe you can get up to 2 years in jail in Australia for this. 30 days is an absolute joke.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

It is an outrage to me because he hacked/invaded another person's privacy, which normally should carry a hefty penalty. The cell phone hacker in scarlet johansson's case got like 120 years for his actions, and this guy barely gets anything.

It's a local story here and ravi truly isn't remorseful and resembles a repressed sociopath. He doesn't deserve to be here, ship his ass back if he can't respect a person's privacy here.

I can't break down the homosexual aspect of this case because there was a lot at fault for what happened. The mother, at some point in the kid's life, wanted to disown him because he came out to them. I truly believe that if Tyler had stronger family support around him, that even if he caught his dirtbag roommate spying on him, that he would be to handle the situation directly. Sadly, he felt like he had no one to turn to and had self-esteem issues.

Ravi is a thug/sociopath, but the parents are to blame for making their son feel alone in this world.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #19
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
It is an outrage to me because he hacked/invaded another person's privacy, which normally should carry a hefty penalty. The cell phone hacker in scarlet johansson's case got like 120 years for his actions, and this guy barely gets anything.

It's a local story here and ravi truly isn't remorseful and resembles a repressed sociopath. He doesn't deserve to be here, ship his ass back if he can't respect a person's privacy here.

I can't break down the homosexual aspect of this case because there was a lot at fault for what happened. The mother, at some point in the kid's life, wanted to disown him because he came out to them. I truly believe that if Tyler had stronger family support around him, that even if he caught his dirtbag roommate spying on him, that he would be to handle the situation directly. Sadly, he felt like he had no one to turn to and had self-esteem issues.

Ravi is a thug/sociopath, but the parents are to blame for making their son feel alone in this world.
I also see this as an invasion of privacy issue, not as a "driving to suicide" issue, because the latter makes absolutely no sense. Lots of things probably led to this kid committing suicide, but being spied upon was probably just the straw that broke the camel's back, as they say.

I'm not really sure how harsh laws are for invasion of privacy but 30 days may be a bit lenient for spying on someone with a camera. I heard that the guy that hacked Scarlet Johansson's phone could get up to 60 years in prison, not 120, but that seems way too drastic. He's probably facing such a case because she's a high profile celebrity. Seriously, 60 years for hacking a phone and releasing some pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote