Suggestion about tennis racquet - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Suggestion about tennis racquet

Dear all,
I started to play tennis again after 6 years and I'm pretty lost about the new racquets. Which racquet would you suggest for an advanced level player that needs to give power to the ball in order to be able to control it?. If you ask me which sort of tennis style suits better with me that could be Berdych or Wawrinka (some years ago before he changed his racquet). I tried Djokovic's Head and Nadal Babolat, a Fischer that I can't remember which one was but with both racquets I feel that the ball flies too much.
I used to play with a Sufix Aero 95 but I have only one racquet left and I found it impossible to get a another one in order to have at least two.

If you need to know my tennis style I'm mainly a baseliner that use a two handed backhand, a powerful forehand that needs power in order to control it. My serve and volleys are ok.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I found that most of the heads of the racquets I saw are medium and big size and there aren't small size any longer which suits better with my game

Thanks in advance

Fran
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cańas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.

Last edited by fran70 : 05-12-2012 at 03:21 PM.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestion about tennis racquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
Dear all,
I started to play tennis again after 6 years and I'm pretty lost about the new racquets. Which racquet would you suggest for an advanced level player that needs to give power to the ball in order to be able to control it?. If you ask me which sort of tennis style suits better with me that could be Berdych or Wawrinka (some years ago before he changed his racquet). I tried Djokovic's Head and Nadal Babolat, a Fischer that I can't remember which one was but with both racquets I feel that the ball flies too much.
I used to play with a Sufix Aero 95 but I have only one racquet left and I found it impossible to get a another one in order to have at least two.

If you need to know my tennis style I'm mainly a baseliner that use a two handed backhand, a powerful forehand that needs power in order to control it. My serve and volleys are ok.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I found that most of the heads of the racquets I saw are medium and big size and there aren't small size any longer which suits better with my game

Thanks in advance

Fran

It all depends on how small you would like to go. I use the Dunlop 4d 100 and most people consider the 90in. headsize too small and under-powered. I'd suggest the Biomimmetic 200 which has a smaller 95in. Headsize. If you are looking for some added power with a small headsize, check out the technifibre 320 vo2 max. its 95 inch headsize offers good control and its open string pattern has plenty of spin potential. The 22mm beam will give plenty of power. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopkickserve View Post
It all depends on how small you would like to go. I use the Dunlop 4d 100 and most people consider the 90in. headsize too small and under-powered. I'd suggest the Biomimmetic 200 which has a smaller 95in. Headsize. If you are looking for some added power with a small headsize, check out the technifibre 320 vo2 max. its 95 inch headsize offers good control and its open string pattern has plenty of spin potential. The 22mm beam will give plenty of power. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thank you. I didn´t try any Dunlop yet but I will bear in mind your suggestion. I will try to find some of the ones you mentioned. Until I can find a new racket I keep my fingers crossed in order not to break a string during my trainings
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cańas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
country flag jacoblewis2008

jacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Though I haven’t used Dunlop any time but have heard a lot from friends who use it.
jacoblewis2008 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
country flag ruariatp

ruariatp is on a distinguished road

Just saw this thread - if you haven't already chosen, I'd advise working out what kind of frame compliments your style - essential terms are explained here: http://www.andbethere.com/2013/02/th...uet-guide.html. Then maybe go to a shop and pick up some demo racquets with similar characteristics to try out. Hopefully that will sort you out nicely