*** Ah Bella Roma ITALIA, ROGELIO!!! *** - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #106
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** Ah Bella Roma ITALIA, ROGELIO!!! ***

Well, it looks like the men aren't going to play tonight. That means Rafa and Djoko hopefully play tomorrow, with RG starting on Tuesday.

The interesting question is what happens if they don't play tomorrow. They can't seed RG until after this final is finished.

Edit - looks like they'll play Rome on Indoor Hard! if they can't get a match in tomorrow. And the forecast is for a ton of rain.

Plus they can't start on clay and switch to hard. They have to start on either clay or hard.

Pity, Roger didn't win. Can you imagine heads exploding if he beat Novak and then played Rafa on Indoor Hard here at Rome?

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.

Last edited by JediFed : 05-20-2012 at 07:49 PM.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #107
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Well, it looks like the men aren't going to play tonight. That means Rafa and Djoko hopefully play tomorrow, with RG starting on Tuesday.

The interesting question is what happens if they don't play tomorrow. They can't seed RG until after this final is finished.

Edit - looks like they'll play Rome on Indoor Hard! if they can't get a match in tomorrow. And the forecast is for a ton of rain.

Plus they can't start on clay and switch to hard. They have to start on either clay or hard.

Pity, Roger didn't win. Can you imagine heads exploding if he beat Novak and then played Rafa on Indoor Hard here at Rome?
Now that the match has been postponed, I am seriously hoping it takes place on an indoor arena

Both would be so unprepared - I am sure Wodgie would handle the new surface with elan and grace.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:33 AM   #108
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

[ Fedtard Mode]Am I the only one having a good about that final being postponed till tomorrow with outlooks like, 90% chance of rain?

Good decision of Rodge to get out of there asap - better preparation for RG, no? [/ Fedtard Mode]

NB: j/k

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #109
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

When Roger and Novak started warming up I tought - it doesn't metter how it finisces - this tournament is like a bonus, so a SF is great.
The problem is that I can't see Roger lose by Djokovic. And this year Novak is not worthy to holt the #1 - not only beacause he's plaing not well as last yer but expetially for his attitudes on the court. He broke 1 raquet against Monaco and in the final it was much more serious to brak it with the risk to fill the eyes of Nadal and the ball girl with the pieces of the broken raquet. I had still to prefere he won so Roger could holt the #2.
What a pitty.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #110
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

SF at Rome is fine. He already owns 3 Masters - needs to do well at RG - a Final would be lovely.

Quite a few records up in Roland Garros, the QF streak (that everyone knows about). Matching Connor's SF record. Passing Lendl, Agassi, and getting closer to Vilas for most number of victories on clay. He has a good chance next year of passing Vilas to be the number one all time for most victories at Roland Garros with a good performance this year. Passing Connors for most slam wins of all time.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #111
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Semi-final at R.G. would do me. As long as he wins Wimbledon or the U.S. Open of course.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #112
country flag Eden
Congrats guys

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
just get ready for Halle and Wimbledon
Fixed it Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
He cannot beat Nadal and Djokovic regularly anymore.
It's not up for a nearly 31 years old player to challenge Rafa and Novak the whole time. Other players have to step it up, especially in Best of 5 tournaments.

Quote:
He already owns 3 Masters
2 Sean - Indian Wells and Miami

Quote:
- needs to do well at RG - a Final would be lovely.
Surprisingly this is the GS tournament where he has to defend most of the points of all 4 Majors this season. Who would have thought this a few years ago?

Quote:
Quite a few records up in Roland Garros, the QF streak (that everyone knows about). Matching Connor's SF record. Passing Lendl, Agassi, and getting closer to Vilas for most number of victories on clay. He has a good chance next year of passing Vilas to be the number one all time for most victories at Roland Garros with a good performance this year. Passing Connors for most slam wins of all time.
I think there's never a tournament for Roger where there are no records up to be broken

Considering the fact that it wasn't sure whether Roger would play in Rome reaching the SF is of course a good result and there's no shame to lose to Novak even though we all know that Roger can play better

It's been a great season for him so far - having won 4 tournaments (2 of them being Masters) and reaching the SF of 3 others, including one GS.

His main ambitions are yet to come and we can only hope that everything will work well for him

The match against Berlocq was already posted and so it's time for some more:

Roger against JCF

Interview

Roger against Seppi

I guess I don't have to post the match against Novak
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #113
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

I guess I don't have to post the match against Novak
I agree, but the game when Roger broked back Novak in the 2ond set deserves to be seen.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #114
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Doris

i really hope Fed plays Halle this time

so anyway, Fed bumped to RG #3 seed, basically meaning his chances of title there are all but over because he cant beat Nadal there and only hope was for Nole to do it

altho i never seen him winning it anyway tbh, we will wait to take Wimbledon

sorry, Halle & Wimbledon
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #115
country flag Eden
Congrats guys

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
I agree, but the game when Roger broked back Novak in the 2ond set deserves to be seen.
Ok, I'm going to watch this then

Quote:
Doris
Mikey

Quote:
i really hope Fed plays Halle this time
The same hope have a lot of people who have tickets for the tournament

But he will be there - it's the 20th anniversairy of the tournament, he will get his own street and he wants to prevent that Rafa wins another title in Germany .

Quote:
altho i never seen him winning it anyway tbh, we will wait to take Wimbledon
Well, he already has RG and beside this is the current title holder of Paris-Bercy

Quote:
sorry, Halle & Wimbledon
... & the Olympics
Old 05-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #116
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

how have you been Doris sometimes i miss your normality on this site

a good reason especially why Roger must play Halle - dont let NoleDal taint that title as they have Wimbledon
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #117
country flag Eden
Congrats guys

Quote:
how have you been Doris sometimes i miss your normality on this site
Only sometimes?

I think I will feel better in 3 weeks in Halle - finally some live tennis again

Quote:
a good reason especially why Roger must play Halle - dont let NoleDal taint that title as they have Wimbledon
... and Hamburg, and Australian Open, and US Open...
Old 05-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #118
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
SF at Rome is fine. He already owns 3 Masters - needs to do well at RG - a Final would be lovely.

Interesting stakes at RG. SF should be a lock but to get any further would mean removing his pristine head from the clutches of the mammoth tentacles of those 2 young beasts which might be very difficult. Novak is no longer under duress as he was last year, and Nadal is additionally motivated from having not won anything relevant for a long time. So SF should be great. Anything more would shock-stun-surprise me!
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #119
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute

Tried hard not to watch the Rome final today... mostly succeeded and only joined it midway thru the 2nd set. Never seen Nadal look quite so mean and intent on beating an opponent ... even Roger. All that pent up anger about Djokovic having shown him the door on clay in 2011 seemed to come out in every snarl, grimace, grunt ... not pretty .. 3 games + I switched off. I wanted something more pleasant to think about.
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #120
country flag JediFed

Thanks for the kind comments Doris!

Quote:
Interesting stakes at RG. SF should be a lock but to get any further would mean removing his pristine head from the clutches of the mammoth tentacles of those 2 young beasts which might be very difficult. Novak is no longer under duress as he was last year, and Nadal is additionally motivated from having not won anything relevant for a long time. So SF should be great. Anything more would shock-stun-surprise me!
Thinking big works for me. I remember when I had the Footie Orange Roger clamouring for an RG title. And everyone believed he would never get that opportunity.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF