1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #91
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Halebian has a wildcard into USA F11, will open up against Kriegler Brink (RSA) (Draw). Good luck Alex.

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #92
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

In case you guys haven't already seen, this guy has good video coverage of this years Easter bowl. He is uploading them in three weekly installments so the final video is not yet available. It should be ready by this weekend I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmYhX...2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SAfl...1&feature=plcp
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #93
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of juniors in the USA futures qualifying this week. Some notable names: Kwiatkowski, Halebian, McDonald, Schneider, Redlicki
Link to Q Draw: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/q...ng_draw162.PDF

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #94
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Redlicki is the only who made it to the maindraw, will play Ouellette (tough match). Also Papa got in with a wildcard, plays qualifier Terrell Celestine. Full draw: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/singles_draw162.PDF

Old 05-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #95
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Halebian got a LL spot, will play Simmonds.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #96
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Disappointing that none of them made it past the first round except Christian. Keep it up Christian , for the rest of you .

Old 05-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #97
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
In case you guys haven't already seen, this guy has good video coverage of this years Easter bowl. He is uploading them in three weekly installments so the final video is not yet available. It should be ready by this weekend I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmYhX...2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SAfl...1&feature=plcp
Last installment:

Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #98
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

USA F13 Qualifying: Halebian, Redlicki, Hiltzik etc.

Q Draw: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/q...ng_draw165.PDF

Old 05-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #99
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Luca Corinteli‏@Luca_Corinteli

HUGE shoutout to my best friend aka Big aka Danny Kerznerman on taking the Plantation ITF title. So happy for you bro.
Congrats Danny

Old 05-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #100
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Last installment:

I was so impressed with McDonald in this video. It's no surprise he was able to reach the semis of the Australian Open. His movement, anticipation, and return of serve are all lethal. He just has such a good all-around game.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #101
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I was so impressed with McDonald in this video. It's no surprise he was able to reach the semis of the Australian Open. His movement, anticipation, and return of serve are all lethal. He just has such a good all-around game.
, I'm worry about his height though

Old 05-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #102
country flag PTWahoo14

Quote:
, I'm worry about his height though
How tall is he?

Strangely, a lot of our very best juniors seem short compared to the rest of the world. Kozlov, wiersholm, mcdonald, rubin all seem pretty short. Even Fratangelo doesn't look that big or tall for his age. From pictures I've seen of Spencer Papa he seems like he's got a pretty good athletic build for 17. Not skinny and short like the rest of them.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #103
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
How tall is he?
I don't really have a number. I just went with the observation of him standing next to Marcus Tennis (host) and comparing that with other interviewees. He just doesn't look that tall.

Quote:
Strangely, a lot of our very best juniors seem short compared to the rest of the world. Kozlov, wiersholm, mcdonald, rubin all seem pretty short. Even Fratangelo doesn't look that big or tall for his age. From pictures I've seen of Spencer Papa he seems like he's got a pretty good athletic build for 17. Not skinny and short like the rest of them.
I don't think it is strange that our juniors are shorter than those from other countries because most of the athletic/tall kids are usually recruited by other sports (football, basketball, baseball, etc.).

Papa does seem to have a good build for a 16 yrs old (doesn't turn 17 until October). Halebian, Kwiatkowski, Donaldson, Escobedo, Corinteli, and Mmoh are also tall (they all seem to have similar gamestyle as well). I think there is a correlation between height and gamestyle. Tall players tend to be ballbasher while short players are forced to play smarter (through variety, court-positioning, point construction etc.) b/c of their lack of power (Kozlov and Wiersholm are good examples).

Last edited by SapELee : 05-15-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #104
country flag PTWahoo14

Quote:

I don't think it is strange that our juniors are shorter than those from other countries because most of the athletic/tall kids are usually recruited by other sports (football, basketball, baseball, etc.).
good point. i didn't think of that.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:56 AM   #105
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Height Guesstimate

For fun, cracking the height mystery :

Code:
Age                 Name

17 (08 Jun 1994)    Halebian 6'-3" +
16 (09 Jul 1995)    Corinteli 6'-3" (twitter)
17 (13 Feb 1995)    Kwiatkowski 6'-1" to 6'-2" (taller than Nicholas Massu who is 6'-0" see 1st attachment)
15 (04 Jul 1996)    Escobedo 6'-0" to 6'-1 1/2" (was said to be 5'-11" about a year ago)
15 (09 Oct 1996)    Donaldson 6'-0" to 6'-2" (seems slightly taller than Escobedo, see 3rd attachment)
14 (10 Jan 1998)    Mmoh 6'-0" to 6'-2" (see 3rd attachment)
16 (22 Oct 1995)    Papa 5'-11" to 6'-1" (shorter than Kwiatkowski, see 2nd attachment)
17 (03 Oct 1994)    Connor Farren 5'-11" (listed on ITF earlier this year)
14 (20 Jan 1998)    Tiafoe 5'-8 1/2" to 5'-10" (see 3rd attachment)
14 (26 Jan 1998)    Blumberg 5'-8" to 5'-10" (see 3rd attachment)
16 (21 Feb 1996)    Rubin 5'-8" to 5'-9" (looks at least 2" shorter than Farren, from a G1 final earlier this year)
17 (16 Apr 1995)    McDonald 5'-8" to 5'-9" (just a pure guess)
15 (27 Mar 1997)    Wiersholm 5'-7 to 5'-7 1/2" (seems slightly taller than Kozlov from their Orange Bowl pic)
14 (01 Feb 1998)    Kozlov 5'-7" (article)
Kozlov, Wiersholm, Rubin, McDonald . From the look of it, Mmoh might end up taller than everyone (has that basketball player physique).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AlvO7ePCEAA0jR9.jpg (67.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Al93yNeCEAA4bsd.jpg (54.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 118238_BigPicture.jpg (61.4 KB, 6 views)