Q and A with Thomas Muster - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #76
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q and A with Thomas Muster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
What was the problem between Thomas and Boris? Did they had any dispute or is it just the German/Austrian friendship?

By the way, I didn't knew it's 10 years meanwhile that he retired. Time is passing so fast.
Lots of problems between the two. Becker came out, called him an actor and a drug cheat after Monte Carlo 1995.

Well his theory was I came into the game, therefore when Muster left, he didn't tell anyone and left.

Then the academy issue and it will be soon a year to the day Horsti died.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #77
country flag Eden
Ole ole ole ole

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Lots of problems between the two. Becker came out, called him an actor and a drug cheat after Monte Carlo 1995.

Well his theory was I came into the game, therefore when Muster left, he didn't tell anyone and left.

Then the academy issue and it will be soon a year to the day Horsti died.
Becker said always his loss to Muster in Monte Carlo was one of the worst in his career. Well, he lost the match after wasting matchpoints and it would have been his first title on clay. I don't remember anymore that he insulted Thomas afterwards, but let's not forget we didn't had internet back then and MTF, where we get to hear everything a player says and does these days
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #78
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Becker said always his loss to Muster in Monte Carlo was one of the worst in his career. Well, he lost the match after wasting matchpoints and it would have been his first title on clay. I don't remember anymore that he insulted Thomas afterwards, but let's not forget we didn't had internet back then and MTF, where we get to hear everything a player says and does these days
It's available and I will find the links for you. But Becker is an arsehole of the highest order.

I was there in the stadium that day and Broom Broom Becker wanted to be the hero and go for a 200km/h second serve and it missed, then after he lost that 4th set tiebreaker, he got mauled in the 5th.

Muster is also notable for the way he has adjusted his game to keep up with the younger generation of clay-courters, whose experience of only ever having played with graphite rackets - Muster goes back to the age of wooden frames - has made for a more aggressive game in which the ball is hit flatter and from not so deep.

But then Muster rarely misses a trick. Among a number of run-ins he has had with his fellow pros, not least with Boris Becker when the German all but accused him of taking drugs.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #79
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's available and I will find the links for you. But Becker is an arsehole of the highest order.

I was there in the stadium that day and Broom Broom Becker wanted to be the hero and go for a 200km/h second serve and it missed, then after he lost that 4th set tiebreaker, he got mauled in the 5th.

Muster is also notable for the way he has adjusted his game to keep up with the younger generation of clay-courters, whose experience of only ever having played with graphite rackets - Muster goes back to the age of wooden frames - has made for a more aggressive game in which the ball is hit flatter and from not so deep.

But then Muster rarely misses a trick. Among a number of run-ins he has had with his fellow pros, not least with Boris Becker when the German all but accused him of taking drugs.

one of the things Becker the jerk accused Muster of after that match was steroids. he could never figure out how Muster was able to come back from a 2 set deficit and match points to finish the athletic german in 5 sets.

Becker was too stupid to know that Muster thrived on pressure and was fit enough to play for hours on end.

Muster is 2nd only to the Clay Monster in having the best winning percentage in the finals. that means he had serious testicular fortitude and performed best when he had to and when it mattered the most, in the finals. we are talking about the open era.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:00 AM   #80
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Muster is now a father for the second time.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #81
country flag Apemant

Apemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond reputeApemant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Muster is now a father for the second time.

Awesome celebration of that point...
Old 10-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #82
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To design fashion you need creativity. As athlete you were seen as a hard worker who attritted the opponent. How does this go together?

Very good. Without creativity you can’t play tennis. The viewer might say it’s monotony, but there are many nuances. What is creative in Rafael Nadal? The layperson sees pure power, but I can see his real potentiality.

I think I like him even more
acionescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #83
jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond repute

Muster was a big time 'player' ... i remember seeing reality show on Austrian TV where one of the girls addmitted to have one-night-stand with him!
WISHLIST Robby GINEPRI Blaž KAVČIČ Michael LLODRA Feliciano LOPEZ Tomas BERDYCH Martin KLIZAN Julien BENNETEAU Novak DJOKOVIC Dmitry TURSUNOV Janko TIPSAREVIC Stanislas WAWRINKA Thomaz BELLUCCI Eduardo SCHWANK Benoit PAIRE Gilles MULLER Juan Martin del POTRO John ISNER Philipp PETZSCHNER Gilles SIMON Mardy FISH Grigor DIMITROV Florian MAYER
Quote:
HATE LIST Rafael NADAL Andy MURRAY Lleyton HEWITT Marcos BAGHDATIS Bernard TOMIC Fernando VERDASCO Nikolay DAVYDENKO Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV Fabio FOGNINI Gael MONFILS Tommy HAAS Carlos BERLOCQ Albert MONTANES Paolo LORENZI
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #84
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Muster was the biggest asshole who ever played. i dont think though, that had he not been such an egotistical moron he wouldn't have got back from his injury

on the flip side- had he not been such a jerk to other players then they wouldn't have hated him so much- i know for sure that sometimes he annoyed people so much that they played the match of their lives, only to beat him- he probably would have had more slams if he had been a nicer guy

Old 10-27-2009, 07:45 AM   #85
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

anything tom could do Sampras could do better

especially the running forehand
Old 10-27-2009, 07:47 AM   #86
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

The Henman thing was a joke.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 10-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #87
country flag Julio
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Julio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond reputeJulio has a reputation beyond repute

Too good this Thomas. He knows what he is talking about. That year he won Roland Garros in 1995 was something to show in tennis school : it was Thomas the Destroyer. A t-1000 machine. Amazing.
Julio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #88
country flag Eden
Ole ole ole ole

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #89
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

the great thomas muster.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #90
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I really enjoyed that video. I wish it was longer. They should have had more on his RG triumph.

The ATP should have a lot more uncovered features with the oldies and get tennis fans to learn more about the history of the game. Instead they have 4-5 weeks with uncovered for Federer, Djokovic and Nadal. What's the point of that? Show me some Lendl, Mac, Borg, Connors. Most of these the current generation has and will probably never see playing. Jeeez.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them

Last edited by Looner : 05-06-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote