Injured racquet :/ - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
country flag Andylin

Andylin is on a distinguished road
Default Injured racquet :/

Hey!
I gotta question for you.
Last saturday i played tennis with a friend of mine and in the first set his string said goodbye
so i let him play with my 2nd racquet (both babolat pure drive).

As he was already in a destructive mood^^ after a while he noticed some strange sound with my racquet. At first i thought it was even worse (it really sounded baaad), but then we noticed, that the little black plastic "rings" where every string from the racquet goes into the raquet (which are inside all over the frame, no idea how to call them) was loose and a little broken. I'm able to push it back in, however after a couple of strokes it almost always pops out again.

Anybody of you, had this problem, already? Can this be fixed, or do i have a serious problem? Well i just could destroy the little plastic thing and take it away, however if there's no possible replacement for it, i still would not like it. (the raquets are only a couple of weeks old, dammmn^^)

Hope somebody can help me (:
Andylin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Injured racquet :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andylin View Post
Hey!
I gotta question for you.
Last saturday i played tennis with a friend of mine and in the first set his string said goodbye
so i let him play with my 2nd racquet (both babolat pure drive).

As he was already in a destructive mood^^ after a while he noticed some strange sound with my racquet. At first i thought it was even worse (it really sounded baaad), but then we noticed, that the little black plastic "rings" where every string from the racquet goes into the raquet (which are inside all over the frame, no idea how to call them) was loose and a little broken. I'm able to push it back in, however after a couple of strokes it almost always pops out again.

Anybody of you, had this problem, already? Can this be fixed, or do i have a serious problem? Well i just could destroy the little plastic thing and take it away, however if there's no possible replacement for it, i still would not like it. (the raquets are only a couple of weeks old, dammmn^^)

Hope somebody can help me (:
Those are your grommets call the tennis warehouse Europe phone number and they should be able to ship them to you. I believe they cost around 10-15$ in the U.S. so it shouldn't be that expensive for you to replace. Just cut out the string, pull out the old head guard and replace and restring. It'll be good as new
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
country flag Andylin

Andylin is on a distinguished road

Thanks soooo much
I've fixed it so far with some sticky tape and it works.
however this is great news and i'll order it.

I'll just hope that they can replace it for me when i will get new strings (:

Edit: Indeed only cost me 5€ ~~ 7-8$.

Last edited by Andylin : 05-04-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Andylin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
country flag jacoblewis2008

jacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond reputejacoblewis2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Similar was the case with mine quite some time earlier then it cost me just $6.
jacoblewis2008 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote