Federer's chase for number 2 ranking - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Federer's chase for number 2 ranking

http://servolley.blogspot.com/2012/0...2-ranking.html

Federer's chase for number 2 ranking

Quote:
Ever heard of a guy named Roger Federer? I think you have. The greatest Tennis player of all time is currently ranked 3rd in the world, with two more tournaments scheduled before the French Open. Speaking of the French Open, a lot of people have questioned Roger's ability to win another Slam. I'm not gonna talk about the general answer to this questions, but about his immediate future at the Roland Garros - His weakest Grand Slam which he is playing in one month.

The way to his second French Open crown is long, but avoiding a five setter on clay against Rafael Nadal is a start. Besides sneaking into Nadal's house at night and breaking his leg, the best way to achieve that is to regain the number 2 ranking before the start of the tournament. Let's take a look then:
Nadal - 9715; Federer - 8880;
We shouldn't forget that Nadal's 500 points from winning Barcelona last year have already been dropped. Assuming Nadal wins Barcelona again, which he probably will, his ranking will stand on 10215 points. From that point, both Federer and Nadal will have two Masters tournaments left to play - Madrid and Rome. Since the points from those tournaments in 2011 will be dropped before Roland Garros, we might as well drop them right now:
Nadal - 9015; Federer - 8430;
As you can see, the difference is smaller because Nadal is defending two finals(1200), while Roger will defend only 450 points.

585 points between them, and two Masters 1000 ahead. If Federer wins Madrid and Nadals loses before the final, the Swiss will get ahead, but of course he will then have to at least match Nadal's result in Rome.
A lot is at stake, and Federer's decision to skip Monte Carlo might turn out to be very crucial.

Of course even if Federer manages to get to number 2, he could still meet Nadal in the semi final, but with some luck, Federer can hope for Djokovic to take our his greatest rival. From there - The door is opened For Roger.
http://servolley.blogspot.com/2012/0...2-ranking.html

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
country flag fleabitten

fleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond reputefleabitten has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer's chase for number 2 ranking

I like this post because it focuses on the task at hand. People always ask if Fed can reach number 1 again. But first, he is going to have to get thru Nadal (most likely) and this is a big ask.
fleabitten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote