What would you think about a Tennis-Manager computer game?
- I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for the thread. -
Hi, I'm a 17 years old programmer, and I was thinking about this topic lately. As tennis fans, I am sure you are familiar with games like Virtua Tennis, that allow you to play the game but not to take care of the tactical side of managing a career on tour.
I played such games and was very disappointed. They are not all bad, but they presented the ATP tour as a joke and it wasn't even a little bit realistic.
I am not talking about the game play, where for some reason you just can't make unforced errors :S, but about the lack of opportunities to take control over training, tactics and scheduling, and about the attempts to force "costumes" on the tennis game, despite the fact that the game is thrilling as it is.
For example, the football game FIFA not only allows you to pass the ball on the field, but also to manage a club. The game I'm suggesting will not have the game play part itself, but it will provide the opportunity to simulate a career on tour, and will let you do it your way.
What could be in the game:
- Creating a tennis player at the start of his career
- Defining the types of training
- Handling financial issues like income, sponsors, coaching.
- Change the game tactics according to the surface, the skills, and the current surface
- Realistic ATP ranking
- Attending tournaments
- Detailed match results
- Detailed match statistics (Aces, DF, UE, FS%. You name it)
- A considerable difference between HC, c lay and grass
- A SYSTEM THAT WILL SIMULATE THE FINAL RESULT OF EVERY MATCH ACCORDING TO THE SKILLS OF THE TWO PLAYERS - AS REALISTIC AS POSSIBLE!
So this is just a thought. Feel free to share your opinion, support, or tell me it's a waste of time.
Anyway, if you think it's a good idea, I would need your help to make this as realistic as we can, based on your knowledge about the sport.