Clay Wars 2012 (part 1) : Battlefield Formations - Page 92 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Biggest threat to Nadal?

Ferrer 11 6.83%
Tsonga 2 1.24%
Berdych 4 2.48%
Fish 2 1.24%
Tipsarevic 5 3.11%
Del Potro 45 27.95%
Monfils 2 1.24%
Soderling (if he is playing) 8 4.97%
Isner 16 9.94%
Other 66 40.99%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #1366
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay 2012: Prelude To The Mother of All Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
was it or was it not no-djok`s best surface?

did it take 6 hours? yes or no?

was nadal leading 4-2, 30-15 in the 5th? yes or no general Taejin?
And who won the match? You were repeating exactly the same stuff last year, after Nole won a tight TB in Miami, on his "best surface", which is Nadal's "worst surface". Wait for the clay. Wait for the best of 5. Does it ring a bell?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #1367
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

he should be able to get that out of his system by the time he shows up for the final at RG.

again i am betting that 20 match wins on clay before walking into the final should fix a lot of things for him.

so the magic number for me is 20 before that day when the final takes place.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #1368
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
And who won the match? You were repeating exactly the same stuff last year, after Nole won a tight TB in Miami, on his "best surface", which is Nadal's "worst surface". Wait for the clay. Wait for the best of 5. Does it ring a bell?

actually i never bothered to make any comments at all about indian wells and miami last year.

he was nothing short of being pathetic at both events. after having secured the first set at each of those 2 events, he proceeds to stink up the joints.

i attribute a lot of that to lost fitness and his absolute refusal to do anything about his game after 2010. he let every single area of his game go and he has been paying the price ever since.

this year he showed up at both of those events only to top his patheticness from last year. i am hoping that sooner or later he will get tired of being laughed at on the court and he will do something about it. you saw what fed did to him in indian wells.

clay is the only way he gets back on the right track.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #1369
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by solowyn View Post
Nadal has been very shaky at closing out matches in the past year, against all opponents. I'm reminded of one of the clay finals against Djokovic last year when he was broken at the end of each set while serving to stay in, also.

Not as simple as that slip up.
I think all four sets they played on clay last year ended like this.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #1370
country flag cmoss

cmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond reputecmoss has a reputation beyond repute

Isner would destroy everything at MC if he played here.

Feel sorry for him.
cmoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #1371
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

isner does have some good wins on clay but he is overrated on this surface.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #1372
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Nole's grandfather passed away today, Nole is devastated. I don't think he can make a good tournament in Montecarlo in this state, I just hope this doesn't send him into a slump for the rest of the clay season. You never know with these things and Nole was extremely closed to his grandpa.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #1373
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ Its a true test of mental toughness that's for sure. I've been amazed at several pro athletes who were able to tune out such a loss and go on to win. Everyone is different however and different cultures grieve in different ways. In this part of the world, family attachments are enormous so we'll see...
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #1374
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Nole's grandfather passed away today, Nole is devastated. I don't think he can make a good tournament in Montecarlo in this state, I just hope this doesn't send him into a slump for the rest of the clay season. You never know with these things and Nole was extremely closed to his grandpa.
losing his grandpa won't have almost any impact on the final outcome......novak is a pro and that man is his grandfather......so it's not as devastating and novak should be fine in 2 days......he wouldn't even have played today's match if he was so dejected......

sachin tendulkar(cricket god) lost his father(who was in his 50s) during the 1999 cricket world cup, attended his father's funeral and returned to england the next day to score an unbeaten 100.....
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #1375
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
losing his grandpa won't have almost any impact on the final outcome......novak is a pro and that man is his grandfather......so it's not as devastating and novak should be fine in 2 days......

sachin tendulkar(cricket god) lost his father(who was in his 50s) during the 1999 cricket world cup, attended his father's funeral and returned to england the next day to score an unbeaten 100.....
Yeah just like RN's parents divorcing didn't have impact on him... NOT. It's a huge loss but I think it will motivate Djoko. I am sure he'll really go for it now and try to win it for his grandpa. Wish him luck with that.

The bolded shows rare ignorance. There's no two ways about it. I am a lot closer to my grandfather than my father.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #1376
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

I sense that we are almost reaching consenus in this forum....NOT. How many times can we repeat the same stuff over and over?

Here's what I want to know coming into this clay court season:

1) Rafole is playing below its 2011 level. Will rafa raise his game as he traditionally does in time for RG, or will we see a worrying trend downward?

2) Will Nole find the inspiration needed and raise his game?

3) Does their lower level than last year automatically mean that Nole wins every encounter, since all things are equal? I don't want to see nadal mope around the court--I really don't.

By the time RG is over, we will know so much and even mr. oracle will be able to predict what's in store for the rest of 2012 with greater accuracy. This tournament can be a back breaker or jolt of confidence for a certain player, or a mere setback or a unstoppable-monster creating tournament for another. We are at the crossroads of the century. And this is no hype folks.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #1377
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

taejin, zcess and nole rules have lost their last bit of objectivity......clearly nole's 2011 is starting to blind them......when will they learn that one season does not equal 7 seasons?

6-0 happened so quickly within a blink......it's long forgotten......2012 has shown us a different story......novak was freaking lucky to have won the AO.....it was nadal's title which he gifted to nole on a silver platter......

novak looks beatable and novak lovers are in for a real hiding this clay season......
Old 04-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #1378
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
losing his grandpa won't have almost any impact on the final outcome......novak is a pro and that man is his grandfather......so it's not as devastating and novak should be fine in 2 days......he wouldn't even have played today's match if he was so dejected......

Only rafa fans are allowed to make excuses for why their player loses. See it doesn't feel so good does it? It would be lame for us to use this as an excuse if rafa beats nole on clay. But we wouldn't do that since we have class. Think about it. Its food for thought.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #1379
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Only rafa fans are allowed to make excuses for why their player loses. See it doesn't feel so good does it? It would be lame for us to use this as an excuse if rafa beats nole on clay. But we wouldn't do that since we have class. Think about it. Its food for thought.
when did i or any other nadal fan give an excuse for any loss?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #1380
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

new fraternal order of the eDJOKulons convention in full flight now.

wake me up when the convention is finally over.