Early rounds' televising - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What matches would you like to see in early rounds?

Top players matches 0 0%
Lower-ranked players matches against quite equal opponents 7 100.00%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Early rounds' televising

What do you think about which matches should be televised from early rounds? The matches shown in TV coverage are usually the top players' matches that end up in an easy straight sets victory for the top player. On the other hand, there can be a tight match between two unseeded players or a low-seeded and an unseeded player. Personally, I'd rather watch the low-ranked players in the early rounds, as a 6-2, 6-1 match isn't so nice to watch. Of course, in the stadium courts the players will always be the big names, but on the other hand, there are at least four televised courts in every slam, so televised match doesn't necessarily have to be from the centre court.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Early rounds' televising

I think that money dictates everything and the huge chunk of viewers that eventually bring in the dough are made of non-fans of the actual game.