Food thread - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #256
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Food thread

IMO fruit should never be combined with vegetables in a salad. Sweetness is something that belongs in dessert, thus I abhor the thought of mango in a main meal salad, pineapple on pizza and on burger etc

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #257
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

its the new wave general topspin doc.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #258
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
IMO fruit should never be combined with vegetables in a salad. Sweetness is something that belongs in dessert, thus I abhor the thought of mango in a main meal salad, pineapple on pizza and on burger etc
yes, disappointingly conventional thinking from you, General TSD. "Fruit" and "Vegetable" are just conventions. Many would say that a tomato is really a fruit (scientifically it is), while the avocado is used like a vegetable in Mexican cuisine. Many list mushrooms as vegetables, though they aren't even plants. These classifications limit us needlessly. Open your mind.

Also, the point of green mango salad is that the mango is unripe; it's not as sweet as the one you'd buy to eat on it's own as a dessert.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:49 AM   #259
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
You can add as many ingredients as you want CD, but you have to be careful about the flavor balance, if you add too many things with too different flavors it might not make a balanced dish and even if the ingredients are top notch, the dish will end up tasting bad.

Pineapple, Onion and turkey sound great for a salad but if you mix the ingredients just like that, it will not taste good, you need to balance the sweetness of the fruit, the strong flavor of the vegetable and still make the meat noticeable (it is practically tasteless compared to the other two ingredients), there's where dressings and other "neutral" vegetables come and make a great salad
affirmative. that is why this is going to take some time before we narrow it down to absolute perfection.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #260
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bacon + Salad is not something I like, maybe something more fit to it? like Salmon?
What's wrong with bacon? Too "un-gourmet" for you Spaniards? Only for "poor" people? .

But as long as the bacon is crispy and adds a nice contrast to the salad, then it's a seal of approval for me.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #261
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a big fan of bacon, I prefer iberian ham or york ham but it is not that bad.

I just think that the point of a salad is to have a healthy meal so it is better to use lean meat

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #262
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am not a big fan of bacon, I prefer iberian ham or york ham but it is not that bad.

I just think that the point of a salad is to have a healthy meal so it is better to use lean meat
Because "rich, prestigious" ham > "poor, fat people" ham

Plus, the fat is rendered down when it's crispy. All it would do to a salad is add a smoky flavour. Even if there is fat on rendered-down crispy bacon, I assure you, it's not much.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
Old 04-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #263
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
yes, disappointingly conventional thinking from you, General TSD. "Fruit" and "Vegetable" are just conventions. Many would say that a tomato is really a fruit (scientifically it is), while the avocado is used like a vegetable in Mexican cuisine. Many list mushrooms as vegetables, though they aren't even plants. These classifications limit us needlessly. Open your mind.

Also, the point of green mango salad is that the mango is unripe; it's not as sweet as the one you'd buy to eat on it's own as a dessert.

what are we to do with general topspin doc princess kat?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #264
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Tomatoes are in salads. Omfg a fruit in a salad .

Tomatoes are in pizza. Omfg a fruit in a pizza .

Tomatoes are in burgers. Omfg a fruit in a burger .

Banish this shit immediately .
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 04-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #265
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

dont forget the pineapple on pizza.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #266
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

howdy food people?

i see topspindoc's point.....he said sweetness belongs in the deserts and i think he is right.....i dislike carrot curry, to me carrots are for just having them as it is and maybe in milkshakes......

different tastes for different folks......but again i like a little pine apple stuff on a desi spicy roti or even on a pizza......so it depends......

there are countless sweet-spice varieties under 'khatta-meetha' in india......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #267
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Tomatoes are in salads. Omfg a fruit in a salad .

Tomatoes are in pizza. Omfg a fruit in a pizza .

Tomatoes are in burgers. Omfg a fruit in a burger .

Banish this shit immediately .
Tomatoes are a fruit only botanically + they don't taste sweet. I am purely talking about perversions like plum sauces on meats/poultry, pineapple on pizza/in burgers, mango in salads etc. There is a huge difference. If you watch some of our food shows, it seems like most of the dishes mix shit just for the sake of mixing it. Salt, pepper, chilli, sugar, fruit, vegies, honey, 656556 different kinds of herbs...it's like they are cooking for pigs ffs.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #268
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

tomorrow arkulari and i start experimenting with the next great salad of the world.

stay tuned.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #269
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

I agree in some cases with the Doc here. Some typical school dishes here in Finland are chicken sauce with pineapple or orange slices in there and I don't really like it. Don't like pineapple in anything to be honest, one of the few flavors/ingredients that I dislike. On the other hand, in some cases combining sweet and salty/sour is great.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #270
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

not everybody likes salads anyway. i never bothered with them until recently.

i want to look at a salad as a means of energy replenishing snack that can 2 things:

some carbo loading before the workout and a part of the carbo resynthesis process after a workout.

this will eliminate the need for those energy bars and also it will be a lot healthier.

and it will save money.