Ryan Harrison - Page 144 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #2146
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryan Harrison

Then you might need to take a career long break cause from the looks of it Ryan will be grinding for the next decade.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #2147
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan will bounce back. He looked kinda tired though. This is why I didn't want him to play DC. This is almost like San Jose all over again. The only reason why he even made the semi there was solely due to his serve (and some chokings from Ginepri). Unfortunately, his serve is not as effective on outdoor claycourt.

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”

Last edited by SapELee : 04-14-2012 at 02:11 AM.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #2148
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuliaude2012 View Post
I'm so unfortunate!!!!! I didn't sleep and waited till 4:30 am to watch the game. Now I feel I'm so dumb and totally waste my time! (It's 7 am now..)

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
Old 04-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #2149
country flag OddJob

OddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond reputeOddJob has a reputation beyond repute

I thought he might be tired as well but it's a sad excuse being tired from a 4 and 2 setter and having a few days off to fly back to the US from France. If he wants to be a solid pro changes like that have to be common place. But what it really boils down to in this match was Ryan letting lil mikey russel boss him around. Ryan was so defensive and reactionary, lil mikey russel dictated the whole match. Your in bad shape when that happens. My fear for Ryan is that this will be his game for the rest of his career. I think his natural speed has actually been working against him. Ryan knows he can run down most balls and far too often falls back on that rather than be aggressive. If he was naturally slower he would HAVE to be more aggressive.

As I said before I see far too many parallels between Ryan and Andy. Minus Andy's big serve.....
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.
OddJob is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:28 AM   #2150
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Interesting thought. It seems like he is a lot more defensive than the year before. When his dad or even Martin Damm was his coach, he would come into the net often. Now he rarely does. I'm getting worried .

Old 04-14-2012, 02:32 AM   #2151
country flag sagroove

sagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond repute

I am so over this guy now! What a waste of a huge opportunity - he will never crack the top 40 - know it!

And he should get a real coach already!!!

Its pretty obvious ever since he moved to austin, texas he has put on some table weight, his face is bloated and he isn't as aggressive as he was before - too many damn distractions there!!!

He should have stayed at IMG where there are a higher quality of players to hit with and not moved to party central.

Freakin stupid!!!
sagroove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #2152
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagroove View Post
I am so over this guy now! What a waste of a huge opportunity - he will never crack the top 40 - know it!

And he should get a real coach already!!!

Its pretty obvious ever since he moved to austin, texas he has put on some table weight, his face is bloated and he isn't as aggressive as he was before - too many damn distractions there!!!

He should have stayed at IMG where there are a higher quality of players to hit with and not moved to party central.

Freakin stupid!!!
It will be okay.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #2153
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Full Match Videos

Can't seem to find any of my favorite matches . I wish somebody would upload the Ferrer, Troicki, or Murray match.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #2154
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Ryan & Tomic Practicing

I guess they don't have enough courts for everybody , this could be dangerous. Interesting side by side observation though. Even in practice, Ryan is standing so far behind the baseline . I guess it is his comfort zone. at Mr.William popping in and out of the video.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #2155
country flag sagroove

sagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond reputesagroove has a reputation beyond repute

OK so....whats next for Ryan Harrison? Is he going to go to Europe and play the clay circuit and pick up some points??? Anyone know what his next tournament is?
sagroove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #2156
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Belgrade is next according to this webpage: http://live-tennis.eu/playersSchedule

Old 04-16-2012, 01:50 AM   #2157
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

It seems like he is currently in the process of moving (residential ????) according to his twitter.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #2158
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryan & Tomic Practicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
I guess they don't have enough courts for everybody , this could be dangerous. Interesting side by side observation though. Even in practice, Ryan is standing so far behind the baseline . I guess it is his comfort zone. at Mr.William popping in and out of the video.

That's pretty much standard procedure for lower ranked players in the early rounds (particularly in mixed events where there are double the players on-site).

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #2159
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: Ryan & Tomic Practicing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu View Post
That's pretty much standard procedure for lower ranked players in the early rounds (particularly in mixed events where there are double the players on-site).
Thanks, didn't know that.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #2160
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Clay Season Points Breakdown

Last year
Savannah Challenger - 29
Roland Garros - 26
Total - 55 points

This season so far
Houston - 45

Come on Ryan, let's have a postive net gain clay season